returned to his native Ohio

От администрации сайта paintball.lv

returned to his native Ohio

Сообщение elaine95 16 май 2019, 03:41

CINCINNATI (AP) — Hue Jackson needed only a few weeks to land another job in the place where he’s always welcomed.The Bengals hired Jackson on Tuesday as a special assistant to head coach Marvin Lewis as he tries to resurrect Cincinnati’s historically bad defense. Jackson was fired by the Cleveland Browns last month after he won only three games in three seasons as head coach.As soon as Cleveland let him go Carl Lawson Jersey White , the Bengals showed an interest in Jackson, who begins his third stint with them.In his latest role, he’ll help Lewis — a close friend — to try to fix the defense and save the season. Cincinnati (5-4) has lost three of its past four games and is on pace to give up the most yards in a season in NFL history. The Bengals have allowed 500 yards in three straight games, a first for any team in the Super Bowl era.They fired defensive coordinator Teryl Austin on Monday, with Lewis taking over as defensive coordinator in addition to his head coaching duties. Lewis said on Monday that there was a plan to help him do both jobs, but didn’t get specific.The Bengals talked to Jackson about becoming Lewis’ special assistant, and he readily accepted the position.“I have a great comfort level with Hue and his ability to assist me with the day-to-day responsibilities on defense, including analyzing our opponents and helping me on game days with the players and defensive coaches,” Lewis said.Lewis hired Jackson in 2004 — his second season in Cincinnati — as receivers coach. He spent three years in the job before moving to the Falcons as offensive coordinator, developing a reputation for creativity. He was the Raiders’ offensive coordinator before moving up to head coach in 2011.After his firing in Oakland, he returned to the Bengals in 2012 as a special assistant working with the defensive backs in 2012. He worked with the running backs in 2013 and was promoted to offensive coordinator a year later when Jay Gruden went to Washington.The Bengals had one of their best years on offense in 2015, with Andy Dalton leading the AFC in passer rating. Jackson was hired by the Browns after the seasonBrowns owner Jimmy Haslam fired Jackson after a 33-18 loss in Pittsburgh, Cleveland’s 25th consecutive road defeat. Jackson wasn’t getting along with offensive coordinator Todd Haley, who also was fired.Even though Jackson will be working with the defense in his latest incarnation in Cincinnati Womens Ryan Glasgow Jersey , it’ll create an awkward dynamic. Dalton developed a close relationship with Jackson, who helped him to his greatest success in the NFL. Bill Lazor is in his first full season as the Bengals’ offensive coordinator.The offense is missing receiver A.J. Green indefinitely with an injured toe on his right foot. The starting unit managed only one touchdown during a 51-14 loss to the Saints on Sunday at Paul Brown Stadium, even though New Orleans also has one of the league’s worst defenses.The Bengals play at Baltimore (4-5) on Sunday, a game that’s pivotal for both teams. Pittsburgh (6-2-1) has started pulling away atop the AFC North. The Ravens have lost three straight games, and quarterback Joe Flacco has an injured hip that could keep him out of Sunday’s game.Coach John Harbaugh said on Monday that he’ll decide later in the week if Flacco can play. If not, rookie Lamar Jackson will likely get his first NFL start.The Bengals haven’t won a playoff game since the 1990 season, the sixth-longest streak of postseason futility in NFL history. Lewis is 0-7 in the playoffs, the worst coaching mark in league history. Bengals cornerback Dre Kirkpatrick attended a “tailgate” party at a nursing home in suburban Loveland before Cincinnati’s 34-23 win over the Baltimore Ravens. A 95-year-old woman stole the show and made for a popular video.Irma Shafer got up and danced away, making Kirkpatrick smile as he danced along. The moment was captured by a local television crew and shared on social media. Many fans shared it a few hours later as the Bengals played their way to their first 2-0 start since 2015. Kirkpatrick was surprised it got so much reaction.“I didn’t even know how big it was going to get,” Kirkpatrick said. “When they sent it out — however it got out — my phone just started going crazy.”Kirkpatrick’s girlfriend is a close friend of one of the nursing home administrators, and they came up with the idea for the party. Kirkpatrick stopped in after the team’s morning meeting and was inspired by Shafer’s reaction.“She was dancing the whole time I was in there,” Kirkpatrick said. “Just to see the energy she had — that was such an amazing thing. I want to be that one day. I want to still be able to move and enjoy music the way she did.”REPLACING THE ONSIDE KICKFootball safety surveys have shown the onside kick to be one of the most dangerous plays. But it also can provide a last-ditch chance for a team to make a comeback, and the trickery of it is one of the more intriguing elements.The Alliance of American Football, which kicks off its spring league the week after the Super Bowl in February Hardy Nickerson Jersey , has an interesting replacement for the onside kick.“We’ve replaced the onside kick with an onside conversion attempt,” says Pro Football Hall of Famer Bill Polian, co-founder of the eight-team Alliance. “When teams are behind by 17 points or more or within five minutes remaining in the second half, after a touchdown or field goal, the trailing team can opt to receive the ball on their 28-yard line. They can attempt to convert a fourth-and-12. If they are successful and gain a first down, they keep the ball and can continue on. If they fail, the other team takes possession of the ball where it is spotted following the failed conversion attempt.”The league also has only a 2-point conversion attempt after touchdowns and will eliminate the PAT kick.“That way, we eliminate block attempts that are not the safest plays in football,” Polian explains.WHAT’S IN A NAME?Denver Broncos tight end Jake Butt’s family learned long ago to have fun with their last name.His father, Rob, wore a Broncos jersey with the name “Head Butt” stitched across the back in Denver when his son made his NFL debut with two catches for 29 yards in the Broncos’ win over Seattle.Jake Butt, who sat out his rookie season after tearing up his right knee in his final game for Michigan, remembers asking his dad if he could change his name when he was younger.“Shoot, I remember in kindergarten I would get terrorized http://www.thebengalslockerroom.com/authentic-shawn-williams-jersey , and that’s like when you take everything personally,” Butt says. “I hated the first-day-of-class roll call, because they’d always call out ‘Butt.’ I’d just get beet red and I’d come home to my dad and tell him that I wanted to change my last name.“He’d laugh and tell me, ‘You’re going to have fun with this someday.’ So, here we are. We’re having a lot of fun with it.”Jake Butt didn’t have to wait for adulthood for the teasing to stop.“I was getting bigger than everybody, so I could just laugh at them, probably like seventh, eighth grade,” he said.He now stands 6-foot-6 and weighs 250 pounds, but would get heckled for his last name on the road in the Big Ten, too.“Yeah, some Iowa fans got creative, like, ‘Haha. Your last name’s Butt.’ I’m like Womens Dre Kirkpatrick Jersey , ‘Man, that’s not that creative. You’ve got to do better than that,” Butt said. “Yeah, even away fans, they kind of have fun with it.”LEWIS ON LUKEBengals coach Marvin Lewis discovered at an early age that Luke Kuechly was a phenomenal athlete while watching him play summer lacrosse with his son, Marcus, growing up in Ohio.And he has followed Kuechly’s football career closely over the years at Boston College and now with the Carolina Panthers.Lewis said before the 2012 NFL draft, he told Bengals owner Mike Brown that Kuechly was “the best collegiate linebacker I think I’ve ever seen.” However, Kuechly never returned to his native Ohio because the Panthers took him 11th overall. The Bengals had the No. 17 pick.“We’re trying to clone guys like Luke Kuechly here,” said Lewis, whose Bengals visit Kuechly and the Panthers on Sunday.Kuechly played three years of lacrosse in high school, along with playing on travel teams. He said he didn’t score many goals because — naturally — he played defense.“I would get bored during the offseason if I wasn’t doing something,” said Kuechly, a four-time All-Pro. “I grew up playing basketball Darqueze Dennard Jersey , football and lacrosse.”BAYOU DIETLouisiana native and Dolphins defensive tackle Davon Godchaux hosts his teammates on the defensive line for an evening of Cajun cuisine on occasion, serving them crawfish and barbecue.He spares them one of his other favorite foods — raccoon.“Tastes just like chicken,” Godchaux said. “They’d probably be grossed out by that. But I’m from the Bayou. So that’s what we eat.”Godchaux, who’s 6-foot-3 and 315 pounds, says his diet is healthy as well as tasty. His foundation, Chauxdown, supports the battle against obesity.“Growing up as a child, you always want to eat right to get to this level,” Godchaux said.
elaine95
Капитан
Капитан

Вернуться в Сообщения и обращения