y.HBD TB12! 馃帀Celebrate Your Favorite SB Snack on National C

От администрации сайта paintball.lv

y.HBD TB12! 馃帀Celebrate Your Favorite SB Snack on National C

Сообщение elaine95 20 авг 2018, 11:24

Nathan Shepherd jumped off the defensive line Derrius Guice Jersey , got into the New York Jets' backfield and saw Sam Darnold standing just a few feet away.

Then, the third-round draft pick put on the brakes.

"Oh, I stayed away from him," a smiling Shepherd said of Darnold on Saturday during rookie minicamp. "No sir. You see the red (jersey) and you turn the other way."

Quarterbacks are off-limits to contact in NFL practices, so would-be sack-happy defenders such as Shepherd need to tread lightly 鈥?especially when the No. 3 overall pick and future of the franchise is in the pocket.

But games are another story, of course, and the Jets will be counting on Shepherd and fellow rookie Folorunso Fatukasi to help make Sundays miserable for opposing offenses. New York went big in the draft 鈥?after taking Darnold in the first round 鈥?by adding heft to its defensive line.

Over 630 pounds worth.

Shepherd is a 6-foot-4, 315-pounder from Fort Hays State. Fatukasi, a sixth-rounder from UConn, is 6-3 and 318.

"Same size, different players," coach Todd Bowles said last week after the draft.

Shepherd and Fatukasi could get plenty of opportunities to play as rookies. Bowles said both can play nose tackle and spell Leonard Williams at defensive end, and the Jets will have them slotted for certain roles depending on what defensive scheme they want to use.

They might also be able to help offset the loss of Muhammad Wilkerson Thomas Rawls Jersey Elite , who was cut during the offseason and has since signed with Green Bay. The Jets still have Williams and Steve McLendon on their defensive line, as well as Mike Pennel, Xavier Cooper and Henry Anderson, who was acquired in a draft-day deal with Indianapolis.

"I think that whatever the opportunity the Jets have for me is going to be more than enough for me," Shepherd said. "If they need help in a certain area, then I would certainly feel honored that they would come and look to me for that."

Boosting a pass rush that has struggled to consistently get to the quarterback the last few seasons might be one.

"We'll see," Bowles said of Shepherd. "We expect him to have an impact as a defensive lineman, but sacks come differently for different people. As long as he does what he is supposed to do, which we're sure he will, we'll get better and we'll see where the pass rush is and if the sacks come."

Shepherd is a study in patience and perseverance . The native of Ontario, Canada, redshirted his first season at Simon Fraser University in British Columbia and then became a starter before leaving school for financial reasons.

Shepherd worked several side jobs for the next two years, dreaming of returning to football someday while fighting to keep motivated every day.

"Yeah A. J. Pollock Jersey , most mornings," he said. "You're thinking, 'OK, I've got to go to work and this check isn't really doing anything to improve my life today, that I can see.' So, that was difficult, but you've just got to keep the dream alive and know that you're that much closer."

New Big Guys: Third-rounder Nathan Shepherd and sixth-rounder Folorunso Fatukasi could make big impacts on #Jets' defensive line as rookies. More from @DWAZ73: s://t.co/5OkAGr7MVR pic.2Jbl0aZMmo

鈥?AP NFL (@AP_NFL) May 5, 2018

Shepherd landed at Fort Hays State in Kansas in 2015, became a starter and was the Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletics Association defensive player of the year as a senior. He finished his three-year career at Fort Hays with 168 tackles, including 27 for loss, and 10 sacks.

Now, he's in the NFL 鈥?something he's still trying to grasp.

"I was fortunate enough to be able to keep my same number, so I'll be No. 97 Joseph Noteboom Jersey Elite ," he said. "I have my jersey from college, so I think when I take that picture of my college jersey and my pro jersey, that moment will sink in for me."

For Fatukasi, this marks sort of a homecoming. He grew up in the Far Rockaway section of Queens, New York, and ended up going to UConn. He went through three coaching changes while he was there but thrived despite the constant turnover.

He had 45 tackles, including 7陆 for losses, as a senior and was tied for second on the Huskies with four sacks. Fatukasi finished his college career with 168 tackles and 14 sacks in 48 games while playing several positions on UConn's defensive line.

"Having three different head coaches 鈥?and if you include the interim head coach, it's four 鈥?and having a various amount of defenses, I've kind of been all over," Fatukasi said.

That versatility will be valuable for the Jets, who tend to move players around on the line to keep them fresh. Both Shepherd and Fatukasi could quickly find themselves part of that rotation, but they first need to get adjusted to playing in the NFL.

"I had to quickly get off the high of being drafted Jeremy Kerley Color Rush Jersey ," Fatukasi said, "and realize there's still a lot of work to be done."

POSITIVES鈥擜 naturally gifted, fluid athlete with explosive tape in pass protection and the run game.鈥擝ends well and has the flexibility to handle speed rushers off the edge.鈥擠ay one impact in the passing game and has smooth movement to protect the corner.鈥擧igh-level instincts and awareness. His tape shows a high football IQ.鈥擡xcellent in space, where his athleticism and agility show up.鈥擲howed post-knee injury in 2017 that he can play mean and bury pass-rushers.鈥擶ill be 20 years old when drafted.聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽NEGATIVES鈥擬issed half the season in 2017 because of the knee injury (no surgery required).鈥擜rms measured at just 33 inches with a wingspan of 77 鈪?inches. Both are low for tackles.鈥擬ultiple scouts we spoke with suggested a move to guard, ala Zack Martin.鈥擶eighed in under 300 pounds at the combine (296 lbs).鈥擯lay regressed in 2017 before injury.HBD TB12! 馃帀Celebrate Your Favorite SB Snack on National Chicken Wing DayWho Had the Best Camp Entrance This Year? 馃殎From Working Odd Jobs to the NFLKamara Is Taking on All Comers in PaintballTheres No Offseason for NFL Workout WarriorsNorman Goes on Shopping Spree for Detained FamiliesHue Jackson Cleansed Cleveland with Lake Erie PlungeLast Chance U Star Getting His NFL ShotIs 44-Year-Old T.O. Working Out for a Comeback?Eagles Drafted a 68quot;, 346-Lb Rugby Player 馃槼Happy 4-Year Anniversary to the 2014 NFL WR ClassOne-Handed LB Might Be Drafts Biggest BadassMayfields Journey to the Draft Ends ThursdayBall Fam Has Nothing on the St. Browns 馃槒NFL Stars Spending Their Offseasons Giving BackDerrius Guice Runs from Difficult UpbringingHarold Landry Is Drafts Best Pure Pass-RusherWhich Teams Are the Best Fit for Dez?Johnny Football Is BACK!Right Arrow Icon聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽聽OVERALLHeading into the 2017 season, it looked like Connor Williams would be a top-10 pick. A rough game against Maryland and a September injury against USC changed that perception, but his technique is still the best of anyone in the class, and he's a top-tier athlete. His arms might be a little short for some teams, but he should be the first tackle drafted.聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽聽GRADE: 7.10 (Round 1)PRO COMPARISON: Joe Staley, San Francisco 49ers.
elaine95
Капитан
Капитан

Re: y.HBD TB12! 馃帀Celebrate Your Favorite SB Snack on National C

Сообщение vanesela 08 апр 2019, 07:45

vanesela
Капитан
Капитан

Re: y.HBD TB12! 馃帀Celebrate Your Favorite SB Snack on National C

Сообщение vanesela 28 май 2019, 16:22

vanesela
Капитан