Housley had no update on Eichel’s status

От администрации сайта paintball.lv

Housley had no update on Eichel’s status

Сообщение elaine95 23 окт 2018, 10:40

MOSCOW (AP) Most Victor Mete Jersey , but not all, of Russia’s top sports stars are backing Vladimir Putin in this weekend’s presidential election.Ahead of Sunday’s vote, a host of Olympic gold medalists and NHL player Alex Ovechkin have thrown their support behind Putin. Ovechkin even launched a ”Putin Team” campaign on social media.On the other side, there’s Yevgeny Kafelnikov.The former No. 1-ranked tennis player is the only major Russian athlete to back opposition leader Alexei Navalny, who has been barred from taking part in the election.With Putin poised to win as much as 70 percent of the vote, according to state pollsters, Kafelnikov told The Associated Press he won’t vote. Navalny has called on his supporters to boycott what he sees as an unfair election.”You don’t need to be a rocket scientist to understand (that Putin will win),” said the 44-year-old Kafelnikov, who stopped playing professionally in 2003. ”My choice, who I was willing to give my voice to at the election, he was not allowed to run for the presidency.”Sports stars have long been a fixture in Russian political campaigns, while boxer Nikolai Valuev and tennis player Marat Safin are among a host of athletes who have represented the United Russia party in parliament. Kafelnikov said he, too, was approached in 2003 to take a parliamentary seat for the party, but declined because he felt he wouldn’t be allowed to express his real views.”After two days thinking, I thought something is a bit dodgy and I don’t want to be involved,” he said. ”My voice isn’t going to be counted as whatever I think. So I said I don’t want to be there just for pressing the button (to vote).”Athletes are being increasingly exploited as symbols of prestige for those in power, Kafelnikov said.”I always thought sports and politics should not collide together on the same path Colton Sissons Jersey , should be completely separate. Unfortunately as of late … someone’s using the professional athletes for their own benefit,” he said. ”I’ve been always open-minded and people obviously know that Yevgeny Kafelnikov is not for sale. There is no chance that I could sell myself for something like this.”I’m sure other athletes who are supporting so-called Putin’s team, they do have a choice but they’ve chosen the path which they’re comfortable with. I’m not going to judge each one, why they did this.”Kafelnikov’s 24,000 followers on Twitter are treated to a mix of political commentary, occasional banter between him and Navalny, and copious chat about Kafelnikov’s beloved Spartak Moscow soccer team.It’s a contrast to Ovechkin’s Instagram, where the Washington Capitals forward launched his Putin Team in November. It started as a loose affiliation of athletes and other celebrities sharing a hashtag, but has since become a formal campaign organization which held a rally Sunday in central Moscow’s Gorky Park.Ovechkin said in November he had ”a good relationship” with Putin, who gave Ovechkin and his wife a tea set when they married last July.”I just support my country, you know? That’s where I’m from, my parents live there, all my friends,” Ovechkin said. ”Like every human from different countries, they support their president.”Golos, a non-governmental organization which monitors possible election violations, flagged up Sunday’s Putin Team rally. Promises of free gifts for attendees could be seen as bribery, the watchdog said.Putin Team did not respond to a request for comment on that accusation. It also hasn’t said who funds the organization Adam Henrique Jersey , which has offered valuable prizes such as GoPro cameras to its supporters.Besides Ovechkin’s group, Putin also has soccer goalkeeper Igor Akinfeev, heavyweight boxer Alexander Povetkin and biathlon champion Anton Shipulin as registered campaign surrogates.Putin held a rally on March 3 at Moscow’s vast Luzhniki Stadium, which will host the soccer World Cup final in July. With him was 15-year-old figure skating gold medalist Alina Zagitova, fresh from the Olympics in Pyeongchang, and the entire gold medal-winning men’s hockey team. Zagitova’s participation prompted concerns from some opposition activists that the Putin campaign was improperly using a child for electioneering.Putin himself practiced judo in his youth, and some of his former partners went on to become billionaires under his rule. Now he tends to play hockey, often scoring numerous goals in televised exhibition games against former NHL players.Many Russian athletes rely on the government for their livelihood. In most Olympic sports, the Sports Ministry wields wide-ranging power over funding, and even hires and fires individual coaches. Many of Russia’s top clubs in soccer and hockey are funded by state-controlled companies.It’s hard to say exactly how many Russian athletes back Putin wholeheartedly or have opposition sympathies.Kafelnikov said he doesn’t believe athletes are coerced into backing the government, but added he’s in contact with other opposition-minded athletes who don’t talk politics openly.”I’m sure there are plenty. I’m hoping so,” he said. ”There are some who share my thoughts toward what’s happening and what’s going to happen. I do have some supporters.” BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) Sabres forward Evander Kane doesn’t need a fortune teller to understand he’s down to his final days in Buffalo when acknowledging he expects to be dealt before the NHL’s trading deadline on Monday.”Yeah, if that’s the answer you guys are waiting for,” Kane told reporters following practice Wednesday. ”I’m not going to get into what’s been talked about or what hasn’t been talked about, but I think you guys are all pretty smart hockey people.”The only uncertainty for Kane is when the trade will take place and where he’ll be headed.Article continues below ...”I think the hardest part is the unknown,” Kane said, in preparing to join the Sabres for a two-game road trip starting at Detroit on Thursday. ”I’m going to play as hard as I possibly can tomorrow night. And then once the move is made Womens Andrew Cogliano Jersey , then we can reflect for that day. But I’ve got a job to do.”The 26-year-old is expendable for a variety of reasons, starting with his contract which runs out after this season. The Sabres are rebuilding under a new regime, headed by first-year general manager Jason Botterill, and the team has expressed no interest in re-signing Kane, who is expected to command a hefty price tag in free agency this summer.Kane’s 19 goals in 60 games rank second in Buffalo. He’s scored 20 or more in each of his previous two years since being acquired by the Sabres in a multi-player trade with Winnipeg in February 2015.The 26-year-old is in his ninth NHL season after being selected No. 4 by the then-Atlanta Thrashers in the 2009 draft.Kane and New York Rangers forward Rick Nash are considered the two top players available on the trade market with the NHL playoff races entering the stretch run.The Sabres are on the outside looking in. They sit last in the East and are all but mathematically assured of extending their longest playoff drought to a seventh season.Also on the block in Buffalo are goalie Robin Lehner, forward Benoit Pouliot and defenseman Josh Gorges, all of whom are in the final year of their contracts.Coach Phil Housley is braced for a roster shake up and focused solely on preparing his team to play.”Number 1 is getting ready for Detroit,” Housley said. ”That’s what we control is to get our players ready. And Jason (Botterill) is going to do the best job he can moving forward here.”Kane’s pending departure marks a dramatic setback for a franchise that under former GM Tim Murray pinned its hopes on him being part of its long-term future after finishing last in both 2013-14 and 2014-15 seasons.Murray dealt defenseman Tyler Myers, forward Drew Stafford, two prospects and a first-round pick in acquiring Kane, defenseman Zach Bogosian and prospect goalie Jason Kasdorf. And it made no difference to Murray that Kane would miss the final two months of the season after having shoulder surgery.Though Kane has produced on the ice when healthy and been active in working with Buffalo-area charitable groups, he has been questioned for his immaturity off the ice.Kane has had two legal run-ins, including being arrested for grabbing three women by the hair and neck during an altercation at a Buffalo bar in June 2016. The charges were eventually dismissed on condition Kane stayed out of trouble as part of a plea agreement in which a prosecutor described the player’s behavior as ”arrogant, boorish and surly, but not criminal.”Earlier in the year, the Sabres suspended Kane for one game for missing practice a day after pictures surfaced on social media of the player celebrating in Toronto after attending the NBA All-Star Game.Kane has been inconsistent this season. After scoring 15 goals and 18 assists in his first 35 games, he has just four goals and two assists in his past 25.NOTES: Center Jack Eichel was spotted carrying a stick and walking without a protective boot for the first time since spraining his right ankle in a 4-2 win at Boston on Feb. 10. Housley had no update on Eichel’s status. … G Robin Lehner will start against Detroit after missing one game with a hip injury.—
elaine95
Капитан
Капитан

Re: Housley had no update on Eichel’s status

Сообщение vanesela 08 апр 2019, 17:46

vanesela
Капитан
Капитан

Re: Housley had no update on Eichel’s status

Сообщение vanesela 29 май 2019, 03:26

vanesela
Капитан