the teams plan to meet again with Ander

От администрации сайта paintball.lv

the teams plan to meet again with Ander

Сообщение elaine95 06 ноя 2018, 09:13

DENVER (AP) Late in the second period Authentic Adrian Peterson Jersey , with his team outplaying Colorado, Edmonton coach Todd McLellan couldn’t believe his Oilers were trailing 2-1.”Jay Woodcroft and I looked at each other and said, `How are we losing this game?”’ McLellan said.They didn’t, thanks to another big game by Connor McDavid.Article continues below ...McDavid had his third hat trick of the season and fourth of his career, and the Oilers beat the Avalanche 4-2 on Sunday to snap a six-game losing streak.McDavid now has 11 goals in the last nine games and two hat tricks. His first two goals tied the game, and his last one was into an empty net with 1:26 remaining.”Obviously the team isn’t finding a way to have success, but it’s a credit to the guys I’m playing with,” McDavid said. ”It’s been pretty fluid, I’ve been playing with a bunch of guys, and it’s a credit to them.”He has five goals in two games against the Avalanche this season.Ryan Strome also scored and Cam Talbot had 24 saves for the Oilers, who snapped Colorado’s 10-game home winning streak. The Avalanche had not lost since Dec. 27 against Arizona but failed to match Pittburgh’s current 11-game home winning streak.Colorado got goals from Tyson Jost and Alexander Kerfoot, and Semyon Varlamov had 36 saves, but the Avalanche couldn’t take advantage of the return of Nathan MacKinnon.MacKinnon missed eight games with a left shoulder injury suffered in Vancouver on Jan. 30. He was second in the league in scoring when he was injured. He entered Sunday tied for 16th with 61 points.”I felt fine,” MacKinnon said logging 22 minutes, 20 seconds of ice time.He had a chance to tie it late, but his shot with less than four minutes left hit the post. Moments later, McDavid sealed it with his team-leading 26th goal.The Avalanche played most of the third period down two defensemen. Anton Lindholm left late in the second period after crashing into the boards, and Erik Johnson left early in the third with an undisclosed injury.”The couple injuries in the back end could hurt us more than just the loss today,” coach Jared Bednar said.Bednar didn’t specify the injuries, but he was upset at the way his team played after being outshot 15-6 in the third.”There’s no excuse for the third,” he said. ”We played 14 minutes and had three shots on goal in a game we’re trying to win and need to win at home. No excuse for that.”The Avalanche took one-goal leads when Jost scored 4:04 into the game and Kerfoot got his 15th with just under seven minutes left in the second period.Strome nearly tied it at 8:01 of the third but Varlamov slid over to get a pad on his shot. He banged his stick on the floor of the bench in frustration after that but then gave Edmonton its first lead with his first goal in 22 games with 6:42 remaining.”It’s not for lack of chances, lack of effort or lack of caring. That’s the frustrating part,” said Strome, whose last goal came Dec. 23 against Montreal. ”You come to the rink every day and you try to get better and try to do the right things, and when things aren’t going in it’s kind of frustrating. Nice to get that one.”NOTES: Colorado is 24-2-2 when leading after two periods. … Edmonton’s Leon Draisaitl had two assists. … The Avalanche recalled G Andrew Hammond from Belleville of the AHL to serve as Varlamov’s backup. Jonathan Bernier was injured in Friday’s game at Winnipeg. … Edmonton G Al Montoya was scratched for the second straight game after taking a puck to the mask in practice Friday. Laurent Brossoit was recalled and served as Talbot’s backup for the second straight game. … The Avalanche assigned F A.J. Greer to San Antonio to make room for MacKinnon. … Edmonton is 3 for 34 on the power play over the last 16 games.UP NEXTOilers: Host the Boston Bruins on Tuesday night.Avalanche: Visit the Vancouver Canucks on Tuesday night.— CHICAGO (AP) Mashaun Alston’s office has a corkboard with pictures of some of the kids he has helped over the years. A basketball player in his uniform. A row of smiling teenagers.On one side of the room there is a framed quote that reads, ”All those who achieve great things are great dreamers.”Alston, 41, is definitely dreaming. In one of the most dangerous neighborhoods in Chicago, he is dreaming of more graduations and birthday parties. Life for a group of kids on the edge.”I can be overwhelmed, but then when I go home … I never say I’m not doing this, I always reflect and say, `Wow, this kid is going through this,’ and then the next day, I’m renewed,” Alston said.Alston is a therapist in Choose to Change Adrian Peterson Jersey Elite , a five-month program that aims to reduce youth violence through therapy and mentorship. And it very well might be gone by now if not for the effort of one unusual coalition.The Cubs, White Sox, Bears, Bulls and Blackhawks. The titans of Chicago sports, united with a singular purpose.—Near the end of a violent 2016 in Chicago, Roseanna Ander went to a meeting. Ander, the executive director of the University of Chicago Crime Lab, goes to a lot of meetings, but this one was different.The room included White Sox owner Jerry Reinsdorf and his son, Michael, the president and chief operating officer of the Bulls. Cubs chairman Tom Ricketts and his sister, Laura, who also is part of the Cubs’ ownership group, were there. Same for Bears chairman George McCaskey and Blackhawks owner Rocky Wirtz.”It was like a very Godfather-esque moment,” Ander said with a grin.Concerned about a precipitous rise in violent crime – Chicago had 762 homicides in 2016, a 64 percent increase from 485 in the previous year – the city’s most prominent sports executives had an idea, and they were looking for help.”They decided that this was a very unprecedented challenge facing the city and they wanted to do something unprecedented,” Ander said, ”and that was really to try to see if putting their resources together that they might be able to do something more significant than they could each do independently.”It began with Jerry Reinsdorf, 82, who once lived in some of the South Side neighborhoods that have been racked by violence. He took the idea of a united effort to the rest of the owners, and they quickly signed on for what became the Chicago Sports Alliance.Then came the tricky part.”It became very clear that we really didn’t understand what was behind the homicides and the violence,” Michael Reinsdorf said. ”We all had ideas and theories, but we really weren’t as educated as we should be.”We decided instead of just jumping in there and making some type of investment, let’s get smarter.”That led the group to Ander and the Crime Lab, which was created in 2008 following the shooting death of a graduate student at the University of Chicago to study crime and develop and evaluate crime-reduction programs. While the room grabbed Ander’s attention, her presentation struck a chord with the group.”It’s just tough,” Michael Reinsdorf said. ”I have kids and we teach our kids that they can dream and they can do anything they want and they have such incredible opportunities. But the kids that we’re talking about trying to help in some of these communities, their dreams are totally different than the dreams of like my children.”Their dreams are like, surviving. … Their expectations are I won’t live a long life.”—Alston had a group session in May where only one of the six young men showed. It was a nice day in Chicago and graduation festivities were in full swing.The 17-year-old who made it to the session was depressed about the death of his cousin in January. He wanted to retaliate sometimes, but he said the program was keeping him on the right track.”He says, `Yeah, but this group,’ he says, `since I’ve been coming in February is helping me think,”’ Alston said.A buoyed Alston kept going http://www.washingtonredskinsteamonline.com/adrian-peterson-jersey , sitting straight up in his chair in a common room down the hall from his office on the city’s South Side.”You know just with the people he knows, the family he’s involved with, it’d be easy to go and retaliate,” he continued.”I want you to think logical. If you go retaliate and you’re 17, there’s two things going to happen. You may get away with it for a little bit. But you’re going to end up dead because they’re going to retaliate, or you’re going to be in jail and you’re 17, I want you to get to my age.”—The Chicago Sports Alliance was unveiled in December. The teams announced a total of $1 million in one-time grants for Choose to Change, the Crime Lab and for training for embedded civilian analysts who work with the police department to develop strategies to reduce crime in the city’s most violent areas.While the money provided a lift, the alliance itself might have made an even bigger statement.”It’s not just the dollars, but I think it’s kind of who they are, their ability to have influence with such a huge range of the population,” Ander said. ”But I do think for me the most important thing was sending a message that this isn’t just somebody else’s problem to fix.”The funding for Choose to Change had run out by the end of 2017, so the money from the alliance kept it alive for the first part of this year. Another group of teenagers went through the program, and the Crime Lab used the funding extension to build on its data, helping bring in new investors from the public sector.The teams were also able to make a difference in another way.”The kids look up to these teams and these athletes,” Ander said, ”and it’s a huge motivation to be able to say, `Look, we’re going to be able to get you to these games,’ things that they wouldn’t normally be able to do.”Homicides and shootings dipped in Chicago in 2017 and continued to drop at the start of this year. The future of the Chicago Sports Alliance is still being determined, but the teams plan to meet again with Ander soon and Michael Reinsdorf thinks the partnership will continue.”We’re just starting out in this process and so there’s probably a lot of things that we can do going forward that can add on to what we’ve already done,” he said.—Alston stays in touch with several of the teenagers he worked with in Choose to Change.One of them sailed through the program a couple of years ago. He made it to every session and participated in the conversations, but he ”was still involved heavily on the streets,” Alston said.On the last day, Alston told him he wanted to keep working with him, and the young man responded positively. About a week later, he was shot.”I went to go visit him in the hospital,” Alston said. ”’Hey, everything you was learning in group, I mean was it like all in vain, or were you a phony? Because what I’m hearing and seeing is two different people.’ So those types of things are challenging.”The visit made an impression.”He looked at this as more being a professional thing, just me doing my job,” Alston said. ”But then when I showed up at the hospital, it gave him a different outlook of me and said well, this is personal. Absolutely.”—Jay Cohen can be reached at http://www.twitter.com/jcohenap
elaine95
Капитан
Капитан

Re: the teams plan to meet again with Ander

Сообщение vanesela 08 апр 2019, 19:42

vanesela
Капитан
Капитан

Re: the teams plan to meet again with Ander

Сообщение vanesela 29 май 2019, 05:27

vanesela
Капитан