two NFL teams have already fired their coaches. Several

От посетителей сайта

two NFL teams have already fired their coaches. Several

Сообщение panxing18 15 май 2019, 08:10

EAGAN Mike Remmers Jersey , Minn. ?With four weekends left in the regular season, other underperforming clubs have dismissed assistants.The coaching carousel is in full spin, the unsettling part of these high-pressure, intensely scrutinized jobs.More Vikings coverageTop Tweets: Minnesota teams send best wishes to GophersVikings sign veteran guard KlineVikings agree to terms with kicker Dan BaileyVikings add RB depth, re-sign Ameer AbdullahFormer Vikings guard Easton agrees to four-year deal with Saints“I hate this time of year,” Minnesota Vikings offensive coordinator John DeFilippo said, lamenting the way families of fired coaches are subjected to the upheaval. “I was one of those kids. I grew up this way. So I’m a little bit sensitive to it, OK?”His father, Gene DeFilippo, was a college assistant coach who moved into administration and was the athletic director at Villanova and Boston College. Those roles and eras were different than calling plays in 2018 for the Vikings, sure, but the spotlight of big-time sports still exposed him to plenty of public disparagement.John DeFilippo has been a frequent target of that himself lately. The Vikings have been held under 300 total yards in three of their past four games, and they’re facing another daunting matchup on Monday night at Seattle.The hottest topic has been the run-pass imbalance, which even caused head coach Mike Zimmer to join the chorus of critics after the Vikings lost 24-10 last week at New England. Dalvin Cook rushed for 84 yards, but he only had nine carries. DeFilippo said on Friday after practice that he pointed out “two or three” plays in the game against the Patriots where he should have called a run instead of a pass.“Coach and I are in constant communication of how to make this offense better. We talk all the time,” said DeFilippo, who’s in his first season with the Vikings after serving as quarterbacks coach for Philadelphia. “There’s certain things that he believes in and that I believe in as well.”Despite the recent struggles by the Vikings (6-5-1), who rank 16th in the league in yards and 18th in points, DeFilippo’s name is among the candidates already in full circulation on the NFL speculation circuit. One oddsmaker pegged him as the second-most likely replacement in Green Bay for fired head coach Mike McCarthy, trailing only Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels.“I’m pretty much in this building about 18 to 20 hours a day Riley Reiff Jersey , so I don’t hear a lot of that outside noise, good or bad,” DeFilippo said. “So I’m just dead set on doing my job right now. We have a quarter of our season left that’s a very, very important quarter. For me to think of anything besides our football team would being a lot of people a disservice.”From quarterback Kirk Cousins to tight end Kyle Rudolph to wide receiver Adam Thielen, several of Minnesota’s offensive players have not been shy about publicly stating their evaluations of what’s gone wrong and what they believe are the best ways to make the process go right on a more consistent basis. More involvement for Cook has been mentioned often. Getting those screen passes going is another theory. Eschewing the huddle and employing more up-tempo possessions, too, has been given multiple thumbs-up.“There’s constant dialogue, and that’s every week, after every series,” Cousins said. “You’re trying to continue to stay on the same page.”Whatever the method, the offense is well aware of the burden it’s carrying into the final quarter of the season.“Obviously there’s some frustration on our side of the ball, knowing that our defense has played so well and we haven’t kind of pulled our end,” Thielen said, adding: “We just need to get back to who we are. We know we have the guys in the room to do it.”A brief look at Bills/Vikings history As we do every week, it’s time to take a look back at the history between the Minnesota Vikings and the team that they’re facing off against. This week, the opponent is the Buffalo Bills, and as you’d expect with an AFC opponent, the history between these two teams is not a terribly long one. The teams have only met 13 times over the years, and this will be the first matchup between the two sides since 2014.So, let’s get to it Latavius Murray Jersey , with the numbers (as always) brought to you by the folks from Pro Football Reference.Total regular season games between the Bills and the Vikings: 13All-time record: Vikings, 8-5Total Vikings’ points scored, head-to-head: 314 (24.2 points/game)Total Bills’ points scored, head-to-head: 222 (17.1 points/game)Longest Vikings’ winning streak vs Bills: 3 games, twice, most recently from 11 December 1994 to 22 October 2000Longest Bills’ winning streak vs Vikings: 2 games, 15 September 2002 to 1 October 2006Most recent Vikings’ home win in series: 5 December 2010 (final score 38-14)Most recent Bills’ road win in series: 15 September 2002 (final score 44-38)Biggest Vikings’ home win in series: 24 points, 5 December 2010 (final score 38-14)Biggest Bills’ road win in series: 6 points, 15 September 2002 (final score 44-38)Current streak: Bills, 1 winOf the 13 matchups between these two teams over the years, only five of them have taken place in Minnesota, with eight of them taking place in upstate New York (including five in a row from 1982 to 1997). The Vikings are 4-1 all-time against the Bills in Minnesota, and 4-4 against them in trips to Buffalo.The only time that the Bills found victory in the Twin Cities came back in 2002. . .and, strangely, was another game that featured trouble for a Vikings’ kicker. Doug Brien missed not one, but two extra points (back when the extra point was being kicked from about the 10-yard line), and it appeared that the Vikings had done enough to win when Moe Williams found the end zone with less than 30 seconds left to give the Vikings a three-point lead. However, Drew Bledsoe got his team into position for Mike Hollis to connect on a 54-yard field goal at the gun of regulation, tying the game at 38-38. Bledsoe then found Peerless Price for a 48-yard score in the extra session, giving the Bills a 44-38 overtime win.The Bills’ most recent trip to Minnesota was a historic one for two reasons. First off George Iloka Jersey , it was the final game at the Metrodome under the old roof before it collapsed the next week before a game against the New York Giants. In addition, it also marked the end of Brett Favre’s remarkable starts streak, as linebacker Arthur Moats hit Favre in the first quarter of the game and put him out for the rest of the contest. He did not start the next week against the Giants, and the streak came to an end at 297. Tarvaris Jackson came in to relieve Favre, and after throwing a pick-six early, the Vikings’ offense went on a tear. Minnesota ran off 38 unanswered points, including three Adrian Peterson touchdowns and a pair of touchdown throws from Jackson to Sidney Rice. Buffalo did manage a score at the end, but it was too little, too late as Minnesota cruised to a 38-14 victory.The last game between these two teams, up in Buffalo in 2014, was a thriller. It was a defensive struggle between the two sides, with the Vikings taking a 13-10 lead into halftime courtesy of a 55-yard field goal from Blair Walsh. After a scoreless third quarter, Walsh added another field goal in the fourth to make the Minnesota lead 16-10, but the immortal Kyle Orton refused to let the Bills lose on that afternoon. In the final three minutes of the game, Orton marched his team down the field, and with just one second left on the clock connected with Sammy Watkins on a two-yard touchdown pass, their second scoring connection of the game. The extra point put the Bills ahead 17-16, and that’s how it ended in Buffalo that afternoon.Here’s hoping that the Vikings can prolong the Bills’ misery in Minnesota this coming Sunday at U.S. Bank Stadium.
panxing18
Старшина
Старшина

Вернуться в Сообщения и обращения