CONFETTI BENCHED

От посетителей сайта

CONFETTI BENCHED

Сообщение hongwei28 19 сен 2018, 05:51

The Kansas City Chiefs headed into training camp in late July content with a pair of veterans in Daniel Sorensen and Eric Berry as their starting safeties.

Now Brandon Parker Jersey , there's a good chance neither will start in their season opener Sunday.

Sorensen broke a bone in his lower leg during training camp and had surgery about a month ago, and is starting the season on injured reserve. Berry has been dealing with a heel injury that not only kept him out most of training camp but sidelined him during practice on Wednesday.

The exact nature of his injury hasn't been disclosed, but Chiefs trainer Rick Burkholder put a positive spin on it Wednesday by saying the five-time Pro Bowl selection is "getting better every day."

"We'll see if he can practice and we'll just go from there," Chiefs coach Andy Reid said. "I want to see what he's got, if and when he does that. But then I'll make the decision, what I see there."

Berry may be the only player on the entire Chiefs roster who could conceivably play without having practiced in a month. But even for him, Reid conceded, that would be asking a bit much, especially with the season opener coming on the road against Philip Rivers and the Los Angeles Chargers.

"If he doesn't practice today, which he's not, we go with the next man up and they roll. That's how we go," Reid said. "We're used to that here Chris Hogan Jersey , just philosophically, at all positions."

So instead of having a pair of veteran starters in Sorensen and Berry, the Chiefs are poised to start Ron Parker 鈥?who was cut by the Falcons last week and re-signed with Kansas City over the weekend 鈥?and either Eric Murray or fourth-round draft pick Armani Watts.

Parker spent the past four seasons with the Chiefs before signing with Atlanta as a free agent, so he's at least familiar with defensive coordinator Bob Sutton's scheme. But he admitted it's a challenge to get up to speed in such a compressed timeframe for a division rival.

"I'm just preparing myself like I do any other time. Whatever the coaches ask, whatever they need," he said. "I feel like especially being in Bob's system and knowing what's going on, that's going to maximize my abilities. That's the good thing coming back to Kansas City."

Parker played well his first three seasons with the Chiefs but appeared to take a step back last year, and that's part of why he was released. He said a high ankle injury sustained in training camp played a part in that, and that he's glad to begin a season healthy again.

He just hopes it will be with Berry by his side.

"I've been playing with Eric," Parker said, "so I can just look over there and I don't have to say a thing. We know what each other is doing. With the other guys, we have to communicate with each other William Hayes Jersey , of course. But everything is coming together."

Murray has appeared in 30 games over his first two seasons, starting twice, so he at least lends a bit of experience to the defensive backfield. Watts showed flashes in the preseason 鈥?he picked off two passes in the finale against Green Bay 鈥?but hasn't been in the regular-season fire.

It speaks volumes that Parker, who just rejoined the team, already has been peppered with questions by the rest of the young guys in the defensive backs room.

"It's difficult," he said, "but the trust those guys have in me, and the trust I have in those guys, everything will take care of itself. We'll handle our business."

NOTES: WR Byron Pringle, who hurt his hamstring in the Chiefs' preseason finale and was put on IR, had an MRI exam that also revealed a hernia. Burkholder said the rookie underwent surgery Tuesday. "He has an extended recovery ahead of him, and in the meantime the hamstring will heal Doug Flutie Jersey ," Burkholder said. ... Burkholder said Sorensen continues to do rehab work in the pool, but it will be a couple more weeks before the Chiefs have a timetable for his return. "He's where he's supposed to be right now," Burkholder said.

Prospective Wembley owner Shahid Khan wants to host 2030 World Cup matches and has assured the English Football Association the national stadium can remain the centerpiece of major tournaments if the sale is completed.

England has been exploring a bid for the 2030 centenary World Cup but is yet to say if it will challenge the early applicant from maiden host Uruguay, which has launched a joint campaign with Argentina and Paraguay.

Khan told The Associated Press that "very preliminary talks" have been held with the FA about bidding for the FIFA tournament. The 90,000-capacity Wembley, which would be required for the final, is already due to host seven games at the continent-wide European Championship in 2020, including the last three games. England is also vying to host the Women's European Championship in 2021.

"We would want it to host the World Cup and anything else that is available," Khan said in a telephone interview. "The FA still has key assets there they will be getting revenue off. All of us will be aligned to use it and build on the heritage of the place."

Khan, who also owns the NFL's Jacksonville Jaguars and London soccer team Fulham, hopes his purchase of Wembley from the FA goes through in two to three months after a period of due diligence.

"We are going to be perfectly aligned (with the FA) ... on all the important issues," Khan said.

The FA is still expecting to have use of the national stadium for England games and major cup finals Adolphus Washington Jersey , even if the sale goes through for a price of around 600 million pounds ($840 million).

"Wembley is still going to be an iconic British stadium," Khan said. "We are going to be investing more in it to keep it right up to the leading edge of game-day experience."

There was a large backlash when Wembley's distinctive white twin towers were demolished to make way for the new Norman Foster-designed stadium, which opened in 2007 featuring a "Triumphant Arch" towering 400 feet above the venue.

The reaction has been less hostile to the FA's plans to sell a facility it has owned for only the last two decades as it oversaw the reconstruction at a cost of 800 million pounds.

Gordon Banks, the goalkeeper who helped England win the World Cup in 1966 at Wembley, fears NFL fixtures might take precedence over games for the national soccer team.

"It was a very special place and I don't think we should be selling it," Banks wrote in The Sun newspaper. "Football's gone wild with the money right now. I think it's spoiling the game a bit."

The Sun was one of four British newspapers to use their front or back pages on Friday to gather criticism of the proposed sale, saying "fury erupted."

The Daily Express headline asked, "Is nothing sacred? How on earth can the FA even think of selling Wembley Stadium when your money paid to build it twice."

The Daily Star launched a campaign to "Save Our Stadium," and the Daily Mirror said the FA was "selling football's soul" by selling the "home of the English game to an American billionaire."

Aware he might have to overcome resistance to the deal, Khan knows emotions run high when it comes to the scene of English soccer's greatest triumph in 1966.

"Obviously it has history and you have to respect it," Khan said. "When it comes to a transaction it's a lot of money but it's not the most money I've spent. I've spent a lot more money investing in auto factories in the last 12 months."

Khan built his fortune in the automotive industry after moving to the U.S. from Pakistan. He bought the Jaguars in 2011 and secured a deal to play annual NFL regular season games in London. The sports portfolio was expanded with the buyout of Fulham in 2013.

Rob Harris is at RobHarris and facebook/RobHarrisReports

Authentic Womens Josey Jewell Jersey
hongwei28
Лейтенант
Лейтенант

Re: CONFETTI BENCHED

Сообщение vanesela 11 апр 2019, 22:14

vanesela
Капитан
Капитан

Re: CONFETTI BENCHED

Сообщение vanesela 26 июн 2019, 07:05