Doug Flutie Jersey

От посетителей сайта

Doug Flutie Jersey

Сообщение hongwei28 24 окт 2018, 02:54

PHOENIX — Crack the door Youth Ronnie Harrison Jersey , and these days the Arizona Diamondbacks will blow right through.

Three times in their last four games, Arizona has made an opponent pay and pay and pay for a blunder here or a miscue there.

The Diamondbacks did it again Tuesday, when they took advantage of three throwing errors in a six-run first inning for the impetus needed for a 13-8 victory over the Pittsburgh Pirates at Chase Field. The game was not decided until Jon Jay’s three-run homer in the seventh inning, but the decisive first inning helped them build an 8-0 lead.

“Those are some of the characteristics of a good team, that when they sniff a little blood, they are going to go out there and execute,” Arizona manager Torey Lovullo said. “When you get second chances in this game, you have to take advantage. Our guys are ready for that.

“We talk about them (opponents) being in their most vulnerable state when they are making mistakes, and we have to be ready. It’s not a good feeling when you are on the (other) side of it and it is not going well. But when you are executing and fighting back a little bit, it is very gratifying.”

Arizona right-hander Zack Greinke, who has lost only one of his last 25 starts at Chase Field, will oppose Pirates right-hander Jameson Taillon in the final game of the series Wednesday.

The Pirates have lost eight straight series, and a failure to execute has hurt in the first two games of this series. They blew a 5-0 lead entering the seventh inning in a 9-5 loss Monday, when the Diamondbacks combined timely hitting and extra benefits, including hit batter, an infield error, two wild pitches and a balk.

First baseman Josh Bell and second baseman Josh Harrison had throwing errors and pitcher Trevor Williams made an errant pickoff throw in the first inning Tuesday around two singles and Ketel Marte’s two-out, two-run triple. Five of the six runs were unearned.

“We didn’t handle the ball like we needed to handle the ball,” Pittsburgh manager Clint Hurdle said. “We weren’t able to execute defensively the way we needed to execute defensively. We’ve got work to do. We are not playing at the level we are capable of playing.”

Arizona scored six runs in the eighth inning of a 12-7 victory at Colorado on Saturday, capitalizing on a double-error by reliever Bryan Shaw early in the inning. Only one of those six runs was earned.

“That’s what you have to do,” said Jay, who had his first three hits in his fifth game with the Diamondbacks on Tuesday. “When you have chances, you have to make the most out of the opportunities. We’ve been able to do that the last couple of days Nick Perry Jersey , and we just have to keep it going.

“I think that’s the mentality they have here. I saw that last year playing on the other side. That’s just the mentality you have to have.”

The Diamondbacks have scored 51 runs in their five-game winning streak, with heavy contributions from Paul Goldschmidt and Marte. Goldschmidt is hitting .477 with five homers and 12 RBIs in the last 11 games, with six multi-hit games. Marte is hitting .389 with 11 extra-base hits and 11 RBIs in the last 11. He hit his NL-leading seventh triple Tuesday.

Greinke (5-4, 3.53 ERA) has won his last two decisions and is 3-2 with a 2.96 ERA and a .229 opponents’ batting average since beating the Dodgers at Chase Field on April 30. He is undefeated at home this season, going 3-0 with a 1.64 ERA in seven starts while continuing the success he had at home last year. Greinke was 13-1 with a 2.87 ERA in 18 home starts in 2017.

Greinke took a no-hitter into the eighth inning of a 2-1 victory over Pittsburgh at Chase Field last season, losing it when Gregory Polanco led off with a homer down the right-field line. Greinke struck out 11 and walked one in that game, his lone start against the Pirates last season. He is 7-3 with a 4.59 ERA in 11 career starts against the Pirates, about half of those games coming when he was with Milwaukee in 2011-12.

Taillon (3-5, 4.08) has been effective for the most part, but a few rocky outings this season caused his ERA to jump over 4.00. He has given up three runs or fewer in 10 of his 13 starts, but has given up five, seven and six in the other three.

After winning his first two decisions and giving up two earned runs in his first 20 2/3 innings, Taillon is 1-5 with a 5.36 ERA. He has not faced the Diamondbacks in his three seasons.

Christopher Johnson knew early in the season that his New York Jets were heading in the right direction.

As the acting owner/CEO, he wanted to see clear progress – with wins and losses not necessarily being an overriding factor in whether he’d stick with coach Todd Bowles and general manager Mike Maccagnan moving forward.

”I did see that progress,” Johnson said Tuesday, two days after the Jets completed a second straight 5-11 season. ”It might not have shown up on the final scores, but within the locker room, on the practice field, out during the games, I did see progress.”

That’s what led Johnson to give Bowles and Maccagnan two-year contract extensions, keeping both with the team through the 2020 season.

”It seemed the right choice to me,” Johnson said of giving two extra years rather than just one. ”I like the idea of some stability and going from year to year just didn’t seem right.”

Johnson sensed a positive vibe around the team, something he attributed to Bowles Youth Logan Cooke Jersey , and liked how young players emerged on a roster that had been overhauled in the offseason. All the changes led to low expectations outside the facility, with some fans and media wondering how the Jets would even win a game.

Instead, New York got off to a 3-2 start as one of the NFL’s early season surprises. The Jets lost nine of their last 11, but the signs were there – as far as Johnson was concerned – that he has the right men in charge in leading the franchise back to respectability, and ultimately, the playoffs.

”I have no mandate,” Johnson said of his expectations for next season. ”Believe me, I want to get to the playoffs. I want to build a team with Mike and Todd that can compete for the playoffs every year. That can’t happen fast enough, but there is no mandate.”

Well, except, of course, the one he has in his sibling rivalry with brother Woody, who transferred control to Christopher before the season to serve as the U.S. ambassador to the United Kingdom.

”I was serious about that desire to get back to the Super Bowl before my brother gets back here,” Johnson said. ”I would love to have that happen, but there are no mandates. I think the fans are going to be happy with the way we move forward here.”

The Jets will have plenty of decisions to make over the next several months to prepare for next season:

QUARTERBACK QUESTIONS: The top priority for New York will be trying to find a signal caller for the future.

Josh McCown, who had a career season for the Jets before breaking his left hand, will be a free agent and turns 39 in July.

”I still think there’s good football left in Josh,” Maccagnan said. ”From an intangibles standpoint, he was outstanding. I would have no problem bringing him back.”

If he wants to return, that is. McCown might be ready to retire, but if not, will he be OK with serving as a backup to a rookie? The Jets have the No. 6 overall pick in the draft and could aim for one of the top QBs. New York could also choose to go with another veteran – Kirk Cousins or Drew Brees, perhaps – in free agency.

Christian Hackenberg remains a mystery Youth Armani Watts Jersey , though. He hasn’t played a snap in the regular season despite being a second-round draft pick last year.

”The book on Christian is not closed,” Maccagnan said. But it appears unlikely he’ll be a franchise quarterback at this point.

FREE AGENCY: The Jets are expected to have somewhere between $90 million and $100 million in salary cap space, so they’ll have plenty of money to spend.

They also have lots of needs to fill, starting with quarterback. But offensive line, pass rusher, cornerback, running back and defensive line depth could all be on New York’s shopping list.

”I think we’ll be very active in free agency,” Maccagnan said, adding that the Jets are still doing evaluations of their own players.

IN-HOUSE OPTIONS: Among the Jets’ current players who are scheduled to be free agents are McCown, linebacker Demario Davis, tight end Austin Seferian-Jenkins, cornerback Morris Claiborne, kicker Chandler Catanzaro and center Wesley Johnson.

”We’d never go all-in on something that would last us only a year or two,” Christopher Johnson said. ”We’ll be active in free agency, but it’s only going to be adding pieces that can be with us a good, long time. We’re in a very good position to do that.”

NO MO’ MO?: One player not expected back next season is defensive end Muhammad Wilkerson, who was inactive the last three games of the season and is due to make $16.75 million.

Wilkerson, the team’s first-round pick in 2011, has dealt with injuries and tardiness issues the past few years and has not approached the level of play that made him a Pro Bowl pick in 2015. Johnson paused for about 10 seconds before declining to comment when asked about Wilkerson’s situation – surely not a good sign.

SUPER DROUGHT: It has been 49 years since the Jets’ only Super Bowl appearance in 1969, a stunning Joe Namath-led victory over the Colts. New York has failed to make the playoffs in seven straight seasons, and Johnson understands fans’ impatience.

”I know we’ve given them a lot more pain than glory recently,” the owner said. ”It’s been a long time since we had proper glory. I think they understand I’m trying to set this team up for glory.”

hongwei28
Лейтенант
Лейтенант

Re: Doug Flutie Jersey

Сообщение vanesela 04 июн 2019, 21:07

vanesela
Капитан
Капитан

Re: Doug Flutie Jersey

Сообщение vanesela 26 июн 2019, 08:55

vanesela
Капитан