Ryan Kerrigan Jersey

От посетителей сайта

Ryan Kerrigan Jersey

Сообщение hongwei28 08 ноя 2018, 08:08

Alex Smith has been part of some embarrassing playoff defeats in Kansas City Youth Jaleel Scott Jersey , including the Chiefs’ huge blown lead in Indianapolis several years ago and the nip-and-tuck loss to Pittsburgh last season.

None of them compares to Saturday night.

After leading the Chiefs to a 21-3 halftime lead over Tennessee, the veteran quarterback watched in horror as everything unraveled. Marcus Mariota led the Titans on three touchdown drives, Smith could not even manage to get his team a field goal, and the Chiefs were stunned 22-21 to end their season.

Perhaps even end Smith’s career with the Chiefs.

So when he was asked in a somber postgame news conference whether this was the most disheartening loss of his career, Smith was unequivocal: ”Yeah,” he said. ”Without a doubt.”

”You know, it felt like the opportunity we had in front of us, the talent we had – the group – when we play the way we’re capable of playing, yeah, the sky’s the limit,” Smith said. ”Tonight isn’t a good example of that. Not consistent enough. Didn’t come out and make the plays we needed.”

That has become a familiar refrain for the Chiefs in the playoffs.

Especially the games at Arrowhead Stadium.

Despite having one of the proudest traditions in the NFL, and their stadium having a certain mystique about it, the Chiefs are miserable when the postseason rolls around.

They haven’t won a home playoff game since January 1994, when Joe Montana was under center, and only two in their entire history.

If not for a road win over the Houston Texans a couple of years ago, the Chiefs would still be searching for their first postseason victory of any kind since that home win over the Pittsburgh Steelers.

”Whenever you lose it always hurts, regardless of if it’s one point or 20 points. But to go down like this – it really hurts,” said Chiefs linebacker Derrick Johnson, one of the longest-tenured players in the history of the franchise.

”I’ve been playing this game for a long time and 21-3 at halftime, you win. And we didn’t. You’re good enough, you come out with that win.”

There were numerous plays that made this defeat particularly gut-wrenching.

In the first half http://www.coltsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-kemoko-turay-jersey , Johnson blitzed in a flash and sacked Mariota, who clearly lost the ball before he hit the ground. But the officials ruled the play was over, it could not be reviewed and the Titans had time for a field goal that wound up being crucial in a game where every point mattered.

”I thought that’s why we had replay and some of those things,” Smith said afterward.

In the second half, the Chiefs took umbrage with another whistle when the Titans scored the go-ahead TD on a pass to Eric Decker. The Titans went for a 2-point conversion.

Mariota was getting sacked when the ball popped out again. Frank Zombo picked it up and began running the other way for what would have been two points, giving the Chiefs the lead back with just over six minutes left in the game.

The whistle again had been blown, and referee Jeff Triplette told a pool reporter Mariota’s forward progress had been stopped, allowing the Titans to retain the slimmest of leads.

”I don’t really have anything good to say,” Chiefs coach Andy Reid said, ”so I’m just going to kind of stay away from any comments on those guys. I don’t want to get fined or whatever. It’s not worth it.”

The final frustration came as the Titans were trying to run out the clock. Derrick Henry coughed up the ball and this time no whistle was blown, so Johnson returned the fumble for a touchdown. The crowd went wild as fireworks popped over Arrowhead Stadium – until replays showed that Henry was down.

The officials gave the ball back to the Titans and this time they ran out the clock.

Along the way, the Chiefs lost All-Pro tight end Travis Kelce to a concussion and defensive tackle Chris Jones to an ankle injury, depriving them of emotional leaders on both sides of the ball.

The result was yet another heartbreak for a franchise that has known its share of them.

”Honestly we just didn’t come out ready to play in the second half, that’s what I’d say,” Chiefs running back Kareem Hunt said. ”Nobody likes losing and this one’s for real. We’re going home.”

Steve Sarkisian will return as the Atlanta Falcons’ offensive coordinator despite a decline in production in his debut 2017 season.

Sarkisian has been the target of criticism as the Falcons, who lost at Philadelphia in the divisional round of the playoffs last week, fell short of a return trip to the Super Bowl.

Coach Dan Quinn announced Thursday that Sarkisian will return in 2018.

After leading the league in scoring in 2016, the Falcons fell to 15th this season . Quinn said Sarkisian doesn’t deserve the full blame for the offense’s struggles.

”To be clear with you, if this was about one person, that decision already would have been made,” Quinn said http://www.coltsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-tyquan-lewis-jersey , adding he has ”no issue with making changes, no problem with that but I have no interest in making change just for the sake of change.”

The Falcons finished 10-6 in the regular season and won a wild card game at the Los Angeles Rams before the 15-10 loss to the Eagles . The Falcons were scoreless in the second half. Sarkisian’s play-calling was second-guessed when Atlanta couldn’t score after having a first down at the Eagles 9. A fourth-and-2 pass from Matt Ryan to Julio Jones was incomplete.

Sarkisian was hired from Alabama after Kyle Shanahan was hired as San Francisco’s coach. Quinn offered the reminder that Shanahan also faced harsh criticism following is first season leading the offense in 2015. Atlanta led the league with 33.8 points per game in 2016.

”A number of people wanted his head” after the 2015 season, Quinn said. ”What has stayed the same and what I learned during that process is what you’re doing in order to build consistency, you better be consistent.”

Quinn said the struggles on offense were ”not an indication of one play-caller or one player. It’s on all of us.”

Meanwhile, Falcons general manager Thomas Dimitroff said reaching an agreement on a contract extension with Ryan will be ”the number one focus” of the offseason.

Ryan is entering the final year of his six-year, $103.75 million contract. He will be 33 next season but is still seen as the team’s long-term starter who, like New England’s Tom Brady, can play to or beyond the age of 40.

”Personally that is my feeling,” Dimitroff said. ”He’s a guy who takes care of his body both on and off the field properly. … And of course we’re fortunate with the way the rules are set up in the league, they’re going to preserve our quarterback, hopefully. Again, we want him to be part of this organization for a long time coming.”

Dimitroff expressed optimism an agreement on Ryan’s contract extension could come quickly.

”I think it’s not going to be that difficult of a negotiation, quite honestly,” he said. ”I think we’re going to be in a good spot with it.”

NOTES: Quinn confirmed special teams coach Keith Armstrong will have a second interview in Arizona’s search for a coach . Quinn said Armstrong ”is terrifically qualified to lead a team.” … Quinn said he is ”in the middle” of his search to replace quarterbacks coach Bush Hamdan, who left to become the offensive coordinator at University of Washington. Among the candidates are longtime NFL assistant coach Greg Knapp, the Falcons’ former offensive coordinator under Jim Mora, and Jedd Fisch, who was UCLA’s offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach last season.

hongwei28
Лейтенант
Лейтенант

Re: Ryan Kerrigan Jersey

Сообщение vanesela 12 апр 2019, 01:31

vanesela
Капитан
Капитан

Re: Ryan Kerrigan Jersey

Сообщение vanesela 04 июн 2019, 22:35

vanesela
Капитан