the Buccaneers announced that Jameis Winston will start at q

От посетителей сайта

the Buccaneers announced that Jameis Winston will start at q

Сообщение liny195 28 ноя 2018, 08:18

During the bye week Authentic Justin Evans Jersey , returns to action in week six. Tampa Bay will be in Atlanta on Sunday looking to get back in the win column against the struggling Falcons. Ryan Fitzpatrick took the league by storm in the first two or three weeks of this season before the Bucs as a whole collapsed against the Bears in week four. At halftime, Winston made his return from suspension and completed 16 of his 20 passes for 145 yards and a touchdown to two interceptions. A few days later, head coach Dirk Koetter confirmed what everyone was already thinking: Winston was in and Fitzpatrick was out at the quarterback position. There is no shortage of familiarity between Winston and Atlanta. Let’s go game-by-game to see how the No. 1 overall pick from 2015 has fared against the Falcons.Nov. 1, 2015: Bucs 23, Falcons 20 (Overtime)Winston’s first meeting with the Falcons went his way. His numbers weren’t all that special: 16-of-29 for 177 yards and a touchdown through the air and three rushes for 24 yards and a score on the ground. The important thing was that the rookie didn’t turn the ball over and remained composed after Tampa Bay blew a 20-3 lead. Atlanta forced overtime, but Winston led a field goal drive that lasted 7:08 to start the extra period. From there, the defense held up and Tampa Bay picked up a road victory. Dec. 6, 2015: Bucs 23, Falcons 19About one month after his first victory over the Falcons, “Famous Jameis” got a second one. With Atlanta visiting Raymond James Stadium, the rookie came through with some late heroics to lead Tampa Bay to a season sweep over its division rival. With the Falcons leading 19-16 late in the fourth quarter, the young rookie took his offense 80 yards in 12 plays, finishing the drive by throwing a go-ahead six-yard touchdown pass to Mike Evans with 1:39 to go. Winston finished the day with 227 yards and one touchdown (to one interception) on 18-of-27 passing while also putting up an early touchdown run.Sept. 11, 2016: Bucs 31, Falcons 24Winston extended his (and the Bucs’) winning streak over the Falcons to three in the 2016 season opener. It was one of his biggest performances to date, silencing the Atlanta crowd with 281 yards and four touchdowns on 23-of-32 passing. He connected with Brandon Myers, Charles Sims, Austin Seferian-Jenkins and Mike Evans for his four scores. Tampa Bay held a 31-13 lead by the 5:12 mark in the third quarter. Atlanta fought back into it by the end, but the Bucs held on. Nov. 3, 2016: Falcons 43, Bucs 28The Bucs were let down on Thursday Night Football in 2016, falling at home to the Falcons. Aside from a lost fumble, Winston put up some nice numbers. He completed 23 of his 37 attempts for 261 yards and three touchdowns. The Tampa Bay defense just couldn’t hold up. It was Winston’s first loss against Atlanta.Dec. 18, 2017: Falcons 24, Bucs 21The Falcons got Jameis and the Bucs again last December, beating them at Raymond James Stadium on Monday Night Football. Winston missed the earlier meeting between the two teams with an injury, but came back looking fully healthy in a close loss. Winston hit on 27 of his 35 passes for 299 yards and three scores. He connected with Adam Humphries with 4:07 left in the game to bring the Bucs within 24-21, then completed three passes on a late drive to set up a 54-yard field goal attempt. Patrick Murray missed it http://www.tampabaybuccaneersteamonline.com/beau-allen-jersey , leading to another Buccaneer loss instead of forcing overtime. It was the second straight loss to the Falcons for Winston, despite his strong night.Career against the FalconsOverall Record: 3-2Home Record: 1-2Road Record: 2-0Completion Percentage: 66.9 (107-of-160)Passing Yards: 1,245Passing Touchdowns: 12Interceptions: 2Rushing Attempts: 18Rushing Yards: 71Rushing TD: 2Fumbles (Fumbles Lost): 2 (1)Bucs’ Veterans Setting The Tone On Defense It was a typical run play, Marcus Mariota hands the ball off to Dion Lewis, who tucks the ball away and accelerates through the middle of the Titans’ offensive line.They get a good push up front, allowing enough room for Lewis to squirt through. It looked as if Lewis was about to break one for a big gain, but as soon as the metaphorical - and redundantly used phrase - door opened, it was slammed shut by Bucs’ safety Chris Conte.Conte absolutely leveled Lewis and the end result was a loud POP! which drew gasps from a crowd of Titan fans over thirty yards away. Sure enough, the first scuffle of this week’s joint practices broke out and everyone from players to coaches to Titans’ General Manager Jon Robinson were on the field attempting to deescalate the situation. “I wasn’t trying to blow him up or anything, I was just trying to fit the run and things happen,” Conte explained. “I wasn’t trying to hurt him or do anything out of line. I was just trying to thud him up like how we practice. Things happen like that, but we also hope we can make some more plays during the game.” One of multiple defenders who stood out for the Bucs this week, Conte is being counted on early and often in camp due to injuries in the secondary. The defensive line has taken some hits as well with injuries to Vita Vea and Mitch Unrein, leaving the vets along the line to carry the team just like Conte.They were up to the task. Jason Pierre-Paul, Kwon Alexander, Conte, and others made play after play during all facets of both practices. Pierre-Paul and Taylor Lewan’s battles were fun enough just to watch on their own, as each player went after the other, battling and jawing to find out who is the superior player of the two, Lewan will be a great test for JPP this weekend Photo by Michael Reaves/Getty ImagesOne player that wasn’t even mentioned on that list was Gerald McCoy. Although he didn’t make many plays during practice, his presence was still felt. He knows what he is capable of - so does the rest of the NFL - and realizes the value in the nuances of the game during the preseason.“My dad always raised me as, don’t try and make plays, do the things it takes to make plays, and that’s just playing technique,” McCoy told me. “That’s doing your job well within the scheme of the defense and that’s all I’m gonna do Saturday. I’ll carry over what we did in practice to the game.”Just like the other veterans on defense, he knows how important these joint practices are to not only break the monotony of training camp, but the fact that it’s one step closer to actual game play that can provide a foundation for the season. “For me, personally Womens Carlton Davis Jersey , it was good to go up against a different cadence, a different look. Compared to a game, practice is more of a controlled situation where you can get some good work in,” McCoy said. “You get to see what you need to fix, adjust, and you just kind of stack it, stack it, stack it. And then, you are able to see how it carries over into the game and keep stacking it as you go into the season.” Gerald McCoy is primed for a big year Photo by Mark Brown/Getty ImagesThe Bucs’ front seven is loaded with veterans who tore after Mariota and Blaine Gabbert on both Wednesday and Thursday. The hope is that it’s a sign of things to come, which would be a tremendous improvement to the league’s worst pass-rush a year ago. As mentioned earlier, however, not everything is golden on the defensive side of the ball. Due to some injuries at corner, safety Justin Evans has been working in the slot in nickel formations- while learning the position - and rookie Jordan Whitehead has seen plenty of action, too. For Evans, it’s not a steep learning curve at his new position, but more of an adjustment that simplytakes some time to get used to. “It’s just different,” Evans said when referring to his new position, “I’m used to playing safety, I know all my checks. At nickel, I know most of it too, but it just takes a few reps to fully understand the position. It’s trial and error.”Even though it’s only his second year, Evans already has the mentality of fellow veteran teammates such as JPP. In order to create as many mismatches as possible along the line, the Bucs have been lining him up on the inside in order to bring extra edge rushers when needed and to take advantage of Pierre-Paul’s excellent run defense.Both players are willing to do whatever is needed from them to help the team succeed and in theory, that is excellent news.Right now, the veterans are doing exactly what they need to do, which is make plays and dominate. Let’s see if McCoy and Co. can “stack it” and carry it over into not only Saturday night’s game, but the regular season as well.
liny195
Капитан
Капитан

Re: the Buccaneers announced that Jameis Winston will start at q

Сообщение vanesela 12 апр 2019, 03:11

vanesela
Капитан
Капитан

Re: the Buccaneers announced that Jameis Winston will start at q

Сообщение vanesela 05 июн 2019, 00:16

vanesela
Капитан