With the New York Giants facing the Carolina Panthers this S

От посетителей сайта

With the New York Giants facing the Carolina Panthers this S

Сообщение liny195 28 ноя 2018, 09:02

Authentic Ray-Ray Armstrong Jersey , we turned to SB Nation’s Cat Scratch Reader for this week’s “5 questions” segment. Walker Clement of CSR answers our questions.Ed: Mike Shula is now in New York and Norv Turner is Carolina’s offensive coordinator. I see Cam Newton completing a career-high percentage of passes and Christian McCaffrey playing well. How has the Carolina offense changed?Walker: Norv Turner was brought in to run the same offense Shula ran. Cam has basically been in the same system with different coordinators since Rivera got here and that is a system that Rivera stole from Turner when he left San Diego to become Carolina’s head coach. Expect to see a run-first offense with a lot of zone read and options plays. They’ll start there, mix in some short passes to McCaffrey, and then try to hit you deep when your safeties eyes are glued to the offensive backfield.Ed: You’re game-planning FOR THE GIANTS against the Panthers. How do you attack them on offense and defense?Walker: The Panthers are going to be confident that James Bradberry can hold his own in coverage against Odell Beckham, Jr. That’s not to say he won’t get safety help from time to time, but he will have his one on one match-ups and he will probably follow Beckham around the field. Bradberry is a quieter player than Josh Norman, however, so don’t expect a repeat of that 2015 game. With Luke Kuechly keeping everybody up front focused on Saquon Barkley, the edge of the game might fall to Sterling Shepard vs Donte Jackson. He’s a rookie, but he is lightning fast and has great hands. If I were the Panthers, I’d be trying to set up situations where he can lure Manning into some bad decisions and try to force a few turn overs.Ed: Who are some under-the-radar players Giants fans should watch for on Sunday?Walker: The Panthers defense is all well known at this point. Donte Jackson has three picks so far as a rookie. Julius Peppers is timeless until he proves otherwise. Eric Reid is a big question mark for a known player, but definitely not under the radar. Look to our number one corner, James Bradberry, who has a strong record of keeping himself and number one receivers out of the headlines.Their offense is a different story. The names to watch for on third down are Jarius Wright, a free agent acquisition from the Vikings, and Ian Thomas, a fourth-round draft pick. They’ll be the guys the Giants defense will forget about until they convert a third-and-6.Ed: If you could take any player off the Giants roster other than Saquon Barkley or Odell Beckham Jr. and put him in the Panthers lineup who would it be?Walker: Chad Wheeler. The Panthers have played or intended to play Matt Kalil, Daryl Williams, Corey Robinson, Taylor Moton, Chris Clark, Amini Silatolu www.newyorkgiantsteamonline.com , and Jeremiah Sirles at one or both tackle positions since training camp. Currently, Moton, Clark, Silatolu, and a newly traded for Marshall Newhouse are left standing. A talented, young, and healthy athlete at either end of the offensive line could mean everything for Cam’s already well-paced year.Ed: How has the Carolina fan base reacted to the signing of Eric Reid? What are your personal thoughts?Walker: We actually ran a twitter poll - I know, very scientific - two days before they signed him. Eighty-eight percent of respondents were in favor of signing him. The reactions we have had since have roughly matched those results. A few idiots have threatened to burn their tickets or their first born or whatever, but most people seem to recognize that he represents a major step forward for the Panthers on many levels.Pro Football Focus believes the Giants’ offensive line is trending up If there is one area where the New York Giants want — need, really — to see a tangible improvement in 2018 over 2017, it is on the offensive line. That was why Dave Gettleman completely tore down and rebuilt the offensive line this past offseason. The Giants made Nate Solder the highest paid offensive lineman in the NFL (at the time), signed Patrick Omameh to a 3-year, $15 million ($10 million guaranteed) contract, and drafted Will Hernandez at the top of the second round in the 2018 NFL draft.So far we only have small sample sizes in preseason games, but advanced analytics service Pro Football Focus believes that the Giants’ offensive line is trending in the right direction.According to PFF’s grading system, Nate Solder, Will Hernandez, Jon Halapio, and Ereck Flowers all improved from their first performance to their second. While neither the Browns nor the Lions have monstrous defensive fronts, they aren’t bad either. And players like Myles Garrett and Ezekiel Ansah present serious challenges to any blocker they go against. The Giants seem to have solidified the left side of their offensive line with Solder and Hernandez, and it is encouraging that Ereck Flowers seems to be adjusting to life on the right side of the line. The concern here is on the interior. Jon Halapio seems to be entrenched as the starter getting all the first team snaps in both pre-season games and being named a game-day captain in Detroit. Meanwhile New York Giants T-Shirt , Patrick Omameh took a step back in PFF’s eye, which is a definite concern. Pat Shurmur said after Friday night’s preseason game against the Detroit Lions that he was happy with how the offensive line performed, and how the running game responded to a mid-game adjustment. “I thought they performed better than the week before,” Shurmur said. “Aside from the one play where the ball potentially got knocked out of Davis (Webb’s) hand, I thought the protection was pretty good. I thought we did a decent job run blocking. There’s certainly plays in there where we can do better, but for the most part, I think they battled. I think they had 25 snaps together, and there were really no communication errors. So it was a solid performance. There’s plenty of areas where we can get better, but each week they’re doing some things better and better.”On the other side of the coin, NFL.com has concerns about the state of the offensive line, writing,I’m not sure which “easy blocks” Hernandez missed, but as Shurmur notes, the snap which ended with Webb’s incomplete pass was an ugly one for the right side. The Giants do have options, such as Brett Jones at center and John Greco at right guard, if Halapio can’t continue to improve or if Omameh can’t turn his trend around. But for now, with just small sample sizes in preseason games to work with, we should at least be encouraged that the line as a whole is trending in the right direction. The offensive line might not be “fixed”, but if it is at least functional the Giants will be in a better position than they were for much of 2017 and several teams will be in this year.
liny195
Капитан
Капитан

Re: With the New York Giants facing the Carolina Panthers this S

Сообщение vanesela 12 апр 2019, 03:18

vanesela
Капитан
Капитан

Re: With the New York Giants facing the Carolina Panthers this S

Сообщение vanesela 05 июн 2019, 00:24

vanesela
Капитан