Placekicker Aldrick Rosas popped up on the New York Giants’

От посетителей сайта

Placekicker Aldrick Rosas popped up on the New York Giants’

Сообщение liny195 12 дек 2018, 08:45

injury report on Monday with a right quad issue. Coach Pat Shurmur admitted that the Giants will likely need to make a roster move to protect themselves in case Rosas can’t kick Thursday night against the Philadelphia Eagles.“We probably will make a roster move to bring somebody on the practice squad just in case www.giantsauthorizedshops.com ,” Shurmur said. “We’re hopeful that he’ll be back, but I think it’s worthy of talking about.” Rosas, in his second season, has gone 11-of-11 on field-goal attempts this season after making only 18-of-25 as a rookie. He made three kicks on Sunday vs. the Carolina Panthers, including a career-long 53-yarder.Here are more takeaways from Shurmur’s time with the media on Monday.On his team’s state of mind at 1-4“I love my team. I love our team. I think our guys are competitive, they fight, and I think our improvement was on display yesterday. There’s no moral victories, so we’ve got to improve this much more. We’ve got to improve 63 yards more and get that victory. That’s what it is. I watched a bunch of guys battle from the first play to the last, I watched a bunch of guys make more plays on both sides of the ball, I watched when we didn’t make it on fourth down our defense go in and stop them, I watched a couple of turnovers on their part, I watched the offense score points, I watched contributions in good ways, but not to the point where we won the game. So, we just keep trying to get in this case, 63 yards better.”Winning the division still the goal“The key is to win your division and then give yourselves a chance to compete, and then go on from there. That’s what we’re battling for. That’s why I think we as coaches and players understand that there’s – I think the question was asked last week – there’s no panic New York Giants Womens T-Shirt , it’s urgency to win every week, and that’s what we’re fighting to do. Along the way, every team goes through stuff. We’re in it, so we’ve just got to go win a game.”On the increased number of downfield throws“They played us differently. I would say I probably made as many calls to get the ball downfield the week before but we faced different coverage. I thought Eli (Manning) did a good job of getting the ball down the field, our guys did a good job of executing and catching it. Forget the downfield throws. We scored 31 points, that’s the message. So whether you walk it across, you crawl it across, you roll it across, you throw it across – give me something else – you swim it across, it doesn’t matter. Getting it across the end zone is what matters, and that’s important.”On who becomes the swing tackle with Ereck Flowers goneThe Giants said Monday that they will cut Flowers on Tuesday if they are unable to trade him.“We’ll have to make a move and we’ll figure that out, but we’ve got guys in there that have played tackle. We’ve got Spencer (Pulley) obviously that’s played tackle, we’ve also got (John) Greco who’s played a little bit of tackle, so we’ll just move guys around,” Shurmur said. “That’s the way it works.”[E-mail Ed at bigblueview@gmail.com or via the Big Blue View Contact Page | Follow Big Blue View on Twitter | ‘Like’ Big Blue View on Facebook | Follow Big Blue View on Instagram] A week ago, offensive lineman Jamon Brown was part of a Los Angeles Rams team that was unbeaten and thinking Super Bowl. Now, he finds himself with the 1-7 New York Giants New York Giants Hats , a team amidst a second straight dismal season. That doesn’t seem to bother Brown, who was practically bubbly when he met with reporters Tuesday in the Giants’ locker room.“At the end of the day, you approach it all the same. Whether you’re 8-1, whether you’re 1-7, it doesn’t change your approach about anything,” Brown said. “You attack it the same is all I can say about that. We’re going to make sure we do everything we can to try to turn it around, and finish the season strong.”The Giants need the 6-foot-4, 340-pound fourth-year player to attack his new gig. With the right side of their offensive line in shambles, the Giants want him in their lineup as quickly as possible. Perhaps even Monday night against the San Francisco 49ers.“It’s a possibility,’ said coach Pat Shurmur. “Again, he’s only been here hours, it’s not even days yet, but what he’s done and how quickly he picks things up, there’s a chance he could be in there.“Certainly being here longer helps him, but we’ll try to structure it so he knows what he’s doing.”It’s been a whirlwind week for Brown. He was waived Tuesday and awarded to the Giants on Wednesday. He arrived Thursday and got his playbook. He’s been to Los Angeles and back one other time since.“It’s been crazy. You’re in LA n Tuesday, you fly to New York on Thursday. Obviously, it was the bye week. So New York Giants Womens Hoodie , you fly back to LA, and then you come back on Sunday, and here we are,” Brown said. “One practice in it. I went back and forth twice, and then we’ll go back for San Fran (for Monday’s game). So, my frequent flyer miles are out the roof right now.”Brown has played in 41 NFL games with 30 starts. He has played every position except center, though guard is his primary spot. He started 16 games at right guard for the Rams in 2017, and whenever he is ready to play that is where he seems likely to slot in with the Giants.If and when Brown moves into the lineup, the question for the Giants will be who plays center next to him. John Greco started four games at center and played well there before moving to right guard two games ago to replace Patrick Omameh, with Stephen Pulley inserted at center.Tuesday, though, Shurmur just seemed happy to have added a player who could help an offensive line that has been a disappointment.“He’s a good looking guy and we’ve spent – what we’ve been allowed to do this weekend – time with him. He was here all day yesterday, and he’s picked things up fairly quickly. You saw he was out there already, and I think Hal (Hunter) and Ben (Wilkerson) have done a good job getting him up to speed. We’re going to try to get him in there as quickly as possible,” Shurmur said. “This guy started the whole season, had a little incident where he’s no longer starting, and we were thrilled he was available. He’s a big man Womens Customized New York Giants Jerseys , he’s athletic, and he certainly looks the part in some of the reps I saw today.”That “little incident” was a February 2017 traffic stop during which marijuana was found in his car. That led to a two-game suspension at the beginning of this season. When he returned from that, Brown found that Austin Blythe had taken his old job.Brown said he was “most definitely” blindsided when the Rams let him go.“I think anyone would be in a situation like that. It’s kind of the belly of the beast. At any given time, you can be in one place, and then the next day a new place,” Brown said. “Yes, it was shocking. I think it was shocking even to them for making that move, just based on the conversations I’ve had with some of the staff members in the organization. At the end of the day, the dream lives on. I have another opportunity right here in New York, and I’m going to make the most of it.”You kind of got to treat it like you do a game. When you have a bad play, you got to have the next-play mentality. That’s kind of how I’m approaching this one. I was with the Rams when I was with the Rams, now I’m with the Giants. Giants let’s go!
liny195
Капитан
Капитан

Re: Placekicker Aldrick Rosas popped up on the New York Giants’

Сообщение vanesela 12 апр 2019, 04:14

vanesela
Капитан
Капитан

Re: Placekicker Aldrick Rosas popped up on the New York Giants’

Сообщение vanesela 05 июн 2019, 01:21

vanesela
Капитан