www.buccaneersauthorizedshops.com

От посетителей сайта

www.buccaneersauthorizedshops.com

Сообщение hongwei28 27 дек 2018, 05:47

NEW YORK — When Bryce Harper went down the ground for the second time after being hit by a pitch Tuesday night http://www.buccaneersauthorizedshops.com/authentic-vita-vea-jersey , the Washington Nationals feared the worst, especially with how much injuries have impacted them.

It turned out there was not a long-term injury to fear for their superstar, just some initial pain.

After getting hit by pitches in the back of the left elbow and on his left foot Tuesday, Harper is expected to play Wednesday when the Nationals conclude their two-game series with the New York Yankees.

“Oh yeah, he’s in there,” Martinez said.

Harper reached base four times, but it was his final two appearances that caused the most angst for the Nationals, who mustered five hits and opened the series with a 3-0 loss.

In the fifth, he dropped to the ground after being hit on the left elbow by CC Sabathia’s 90.1 mph sinker. Three innings later, an 88.8 mph slider from Dellin Betances hit him on the foot and off his big toe, creating some numbness.

“I was really worried,” Martinez said. “He started walking off the field. The good news is he’s walking off the field, He came in a few minutes ago and said he was fine.”

Harper’s exit occurred on a night when the Nationals tied a franchise record by getting shut out in consecutive games for the 12th time since moving from Montreal following the 2004 season. Their scoreless drought is at 19 innings and they have eight hits in the last two games.

Harper batted third and played right field Tuesday. He batted two spots ahead of Daniel Murphy, who was 0-for-4 with two strikeouts in his season debut after missing the first 63 games recovering from right knee surgery.

Murphy started at designated hitter and will likely do so again Wednesday.

“His timing could have been off,” Martinez said. “I know he’s going to hit.”

The Yankees opened the series by getting two homers from Didi Gregorius, who has three of their 14 multi-homer games this season. Gregorius homered at home for the first time since April 25 and is hitting .286 (10-for-35) in his last nine games after hitting .151 (14-for-93) in 22 games in May.

While Gregorius is starting to rebound from a tough month http://www.buccaneersauthorizedshops.com/authentic-ronald-jones-ii-jersey , Gary Sanchez is in a massive slump and did not start Tuesday. He is not expected to start Wednesday, giving him three days off.

Sanchez is enduring the first significant struggles of his career and spent time figuring a way out of a prolonged slump that has shrunk his batting average to .190, though the Yankees think he will get rolling again.

“The one thing he never loses is his confidence, because he’s such a gifted hitter,” Yankees manager Aaron Boone said before the series opener. “He wants to get in there and get it going; he expects to get it going.”

He is hitless in his last 11 at-bats and is 2-for-29 with 10 strikeouts over his last seven games.

Sanchez has yet to heat up in a season when he started 2-for-36 but on May 19-21 he went 4-for-10 in two games, raising his average to a season-high .231. Since those games, Sanchez is 4-for-53.

“Maybe I’m over-thinking this a little too much, that’s why I’m missing those pitches I usually don’t miss,” Sanchez before Tuesday’s game. “I swung at some pitcher’s pitches. Maybe (I’m a) little bit in between.

“But I feel good. I know if I stay healthy, it won’t reflect what I should be hitting. I’m sure I’ll get through this.”

If Boone started Sanchez Wednesday, it would have been as the designated hitter since Sonny Gray is starting.

During the road trip, Gray allowed one run in 14 innings during wins over Baltimore and Toronto. Against teams with losing records, he is 3-0 with a 1.80 ERA but against teams with winning records, he is 1-4 with a 7.61 ERA in five outings.

Last Wednesday, Gray turned in his first scoreless start since becoming a Yankee when he allowed two hits in eight innings during a game that Yankees won in the 13th.

Gray made two starts for Oakland Athletics against the Washington Nationals. In those outings, he allowed six runs on 10 hits in 14 innings.

Since Jeremy Hellickson and Stephen Strasburg are on the disabled list http://www.buccaneersauthorizedshops.com/authentic-m.j.-stewart-jersey , Washington has an opening in its rotation for Wednesday and it will be filled by Erick Fedde, who will be called up from Triple-A Syracuse for his second start this season.

Fedde allowed three runs on five hits in 5 2/3 innings as a fill-in starter against the San Diego Padres on May 23. Fedde is 0-2 with an 8.14 ERA in four career starts for the Nationals.

The Philadelphia Eagles might want to make room on the shelf for some Emmys next to the Lombardi Trophy.

The real Philly Special was throwing it back to the `80s on an episode of ”The Goldbergs.”

The casting call for an Eagles ensemble came last year when ”Goldbergs” creator Adam Goldberg picked a football theme for his latest Philly sports episode. The furry green Philly Phanatic had guest starred and Flyers gear is much a part of the fabric of the show as Bev Goldberg dropping a ”schmoopie” reference. So it seemed fitting the Eagles would eventually get co-billing, and they do, on Wednesday night’s ”Hail Barry ” episode.

About the only thing Goldberg couldn’t script was a perfect ending: He watched the Super Bowl at a party in Los Angeles and had to skip a hopeful trip to the Eagles’ championship parade in Philadelphia because of a time crunch to write this season’s final episodes.

One cool part of being the boss of your own show is getting the chance to invite your idols to the set. His Jenkintown, Pennsylvania, family was part of a group that shared Flyers season tickets from 1985 to 1994 and older brother Barry was a die-hard Eagles fan. The 41-year-old Goldberg said his older brother arranged his wedding around an Eagles game, and is still a season-ticket holder even though he lives in New York. ”The Goldbergs” featured an episode on Eagles’ gameday superstitions but Goldberg went straight to the source for this week’s homage – 1980s star wide receiver Mike Quick.

Quick, a five-time Pro Bowl pick in the 1980s, was Barry Goldberg’s favorite player and plays an assistant high school coach in ”Hail Barry.” Eagles president Don Smolenski, vice president of football operations Howie Roseman and radio announcer Merrill Reese all make cameos. The Eagles executives made an appearance on the set when the team spent a week in Los Angeles in December between road games at Seattle and Los Angeles.

Goldberg also taps into the NFL pop culture of the day with a shoutout to the Eagles 1988 rap video , ”Buddy’s Watchin’ You .”

Quick, a color commentator for the team radio broadcast, was a natural on set.

”He crushes every joke to the point where the writers are like, can he come back as a cast member. I’m like, this guy has a real job,” Goldberg said. ”He’s so funny. If he went out here and went on auditions http://www.buccaneersauthorizedshops.com/authentic-carlton-davis-jersey , he would get work.”

Barry Goldberg, who swore he would never act on the ”The Goldbergs,” broke his vow for the shot to live out a boyhood dream by playing catch with Quick . Barry Goldberg and his real-life Jenkintown Posse (JTP!) buddies play a game of touch football with their TV counterparts.

At the end of the episode, the cast gathers for an ”E-A-G-L-E-S, Eagles” chant as the screen shows ”Dedicated to Eagles Fans Everywhere ,” and Queen’s ”We Are The Champions” plays.

”I knew the Eagles would win,” Goldberg said.

Because of talent?

”The minute I knew that (Barry) couldn’t go to the game because he got the flu , I said they’re going to win,” Goldberg said.

Ah yes, some good-natured teasing between brothers, 3,000 miles from the City of Brotherly Love.

The season five finale hit a bump this week when director Kevin Smith said he had a heart attack after performing at a Los Angeles comedy show Sunday night. Smith credited a doctor with saving his life after the 47-year-old ”Clerks” filmmaker suffered a total blockage of his left coronary artery, often referred to as ”the widow maker.” Smith was set to start shooting the finale of the hit ABC comedy on Monday but Goldberg said a staff writer will take his place for the episode.

”I’m just happy he’s OK. I emailed him and told him don’t worry about my dumb comedy show,” Goldberg said . ”Get better and we’ll have you back ASAP.”

hongwei28
Лейтенант
Лейтенант

Re: www.buccaneersauthorizedshops.com

Сообщение vanesela 12 апр 2019, 05:41

vanesela
Капитан
Капитан

Re: www.buccaneersauthorizedshops.com

Сообщение vanesela 05 июн 2019, 02:49

vanesela
Капитан