with the bad ones. "

От посетителей сайта

with the bad ones. "

Сообщение Cl11234566 06 дек 2019, 07:17

COLUMBIA, Mo. -- Maty Mauk says he likes to think aggressively on the field. For another week, it paid off. Missouris sophomore quarterback threw four touchdown passes -- two each to Jimmie Hunt and Bud Sasser -- and passed for 144 yards to lead the 20th-ranked Tigers past Central Florida 38-10 on Saturday. "Wait until he gets good," coach Gary Pinkel said. "There are a lot of things out there that he can do to improve and he knows that. Hes a great, gamey player, but he can get considerably better." Mauk entered the day tied for first nationally with eight passing touchdowns but tossed two interceptions last week at Toledo, tying his season total from last year. Making only his seventh career start this week, the sophomore knows that sometimes his decision-making can be to the Tigers detriment. His thinking proved prescient when Central Florida cornerback Jacoby Glenn, a freshman All-American last season, intercepted him with 2 1/2 minutes remaining in the first quarter. Five minutes later, quarterback Justin Holman threw a 2-yard touchdown pass to running back William Stanback to give the Knights a 10-7 lead. "We just needed to make sure we kept a cage on him," Central Florida linebacker Troy Gray said. "He got out of the pocket, and when he gets to running hes a good runner." Missouris first deficit of the season only lasted one drive, though, as Mauk saw Hunt outpacing safety Drico Johnson and then threw a 10-yard touchdown pass to him in the end zone. Hunt finished with two receptions for 21 yards, and four of his past six catches have resulted in scores. "Thats God-given talent he has to be able to make a mistake and get over it within five to 10 seconds," said Sasser, who finished with five receptions for 57 yards. Missouri (3-0) took a 14-10 advantage into halftime before clamping down on defence, getting five sacks and forcing four turnovers after the break. Defensive ends Markus Golden and Shane Ray combined for 3 1/2 sacks and five tackles for loss. "Each week me and Marcus just go out and try to play to the best of our abilities, make as many plays as we can," Ray said. "It doesnt really matter if Marcus is in the spotlight or Im in the spotlight as long as we are doing what we are supposed to do as a defence." Missouri outgained Central Florida 322-299, but limited the Knights (0-2) to 7 of 15 on third-down conversions. Coach George OLeary credited pressure from Golden and Ray for many of his teams stalled drives. Central Florida matched Missouri in the first half thanks to Holman, making his first career start after throwing for one touchdown and running for two more off the bench in the teams season-opening 26-24 loss to Penn State on Aug. 30 in Ireland. The sophomore completed 10 of 13 passes for 97 yards and adding another 30 on the ground before the break, hoping to extend the teams winning streak against ranked opponents to three games. But he struggled in the second half. Holman threw two interceptions, including one to Josh Augusta with 3 1/2 minutes left in the third quarter after the nose guard batted the ball at the line of scrimmage and then jumped to corral it. The play extended the Tigers nation-best takeaway streak to 47 games. Sasser scored four plays later on a 21-yard touchdown pass from Mauk to extend Missouris lead to 21-10. The Tigers then pounced for 17 unanswered points in the final quarter. "You need a guy that big to make sure he made a play, but what great hands," Pinkel said. "Its one of those things where you dont know when those plays are going to happen, but you keep battling and it really changed the whole game." Holman finished with 209 yards on 22-of-36 passing, and Central Florida fell to 0-2 for the first time since 2005. "They had some pressure, but its on me to get the ball out," said Holman, who backed up Blake Bortles last year. "Thats my job as a quarterback -- stay in no matter what the pressure is back there and throw strikes." Cheap Air Max 90 Wholesale . At a news conference Tuesday where it was thought that the fiery Schallibaum may be shown the door after a dismal finish to the Major League Soccer season, team president Joey Saputo said no decision has been made on whether the Swiss Volcano will be back in 2014. Cheap Fake Air Max 95 . The agreement comes a little more than one week after the video game manufacturer agreed to a $40 million settlement in a similar but separate case, bringing the total payout planned for athletes to $60 million, said Steve Berman, an attorney for the plaintiffs, and the NCAA. http://www.outletsneakersclearance.com/ ... 0.html.com) - James Harden had 32 points, including a tying layup late in regulation, and the Houston Rockets scored eight of their 13 points in overtime at the foul line to beat the Memphis Grizzlies 117-111 on Friday night. Cheap Sneakers Online . The Gatineau Olympiques head coach will lead Canada in its quest to end its gold medal drought at the 2015 world junior hockey championship held in Montreal and Toronto at the end of this year. Wholesale Air Max 90 Cheap . When New Zealand finally held on for an 8-7 win, France No. 8 Imanol Harinordoquy collapsed to the ground, having given every drop of energy he could muster, and lay prone as All Blacks danced around him in celebration. Few critics had given France any chance, but coach Marc Lievremonts team rallied from 8-0 down and came within one kick of taking the lead with 15 minutes remaining, only for flyhalf Francois Trinh-Ducs 49-meter effort to drift wide. PITTSBURGH -- For a player who believed he was being targeted by the NFL after being fined five times last season, new Pittsburgh Steelers free safety Mike Mitchell has transformed his attitude and his style of play. "Ive adjusted to the new rules changes," Mitchell said Thursday, "and just looked forward to playing clean football and not getting fined this year." After four seasons with the Oakland Raiders and one with the Carolina Panthers, Mitchell is expected to earn a starting role in the Steelers secondary this season. Though Mitchell might have toned down his heavy-hitting ways, he still plans to make an immediate impact in due to his ball-hawking skills. The Steelers had just 10 interceptions last year, 29th in the NFL, while Mitchell had four picks in one season with Carolina. "I guess I made some big plays, but that was just me sticking my toe in the water," Mitchell said. "I expect to make even bigger and better plays this year, and I have a great guy to learn from in Troy Polamalu. . I dont know if Ill be jumping over the centre, but I do plan on taking the ball away." Thats been a major issue in recent years for the Steelers, who havent created more than 20 turnovers in a season since 2010 even as they have remained near the top of the league in yards allowed. Mitchell isnt wasting any time getting settled during the first organized team activities. "I had a great break on a ball today and should have picked it, but A.B. (Antonio Brown) did a good job getting his hands up there," Mitchell said. "I should have brought it down. . Shamarko (Thomas) is leading the way with one pick, but I should have had one, too." Thomas, a fourth-round pick last year, has not been able to get on the field often enough to make the kind of splash plays the team so desperately needs, but expects to have moree opportunities this season.dddddddddddd "Sure, I want to do a lot more this year," Thomas said. "I have three veteran safeties to learn from in Troy, Mike and Will Allen. Mike, he brings a lot of athleticism to the group, and hes made some great reads on the ball." Mitchell has played for three teams in three seasons, but the six-year NFL veteran believes there are some good points to go with the bad ones. "Its bad, because Ive had to leave some good friends behind," said Mitchell, who turns 27 next month. "But its good, because Ive been able to have a lot of different experiences, playing for different coaches and different schemes. Thats why this transition . Coach (Dick) LeBeaus defence isnt easy, but Ive actually picked it up fairly well." Mitchell believes playing in so many different defensive systems may actually be to his advantage. "In Oakland, I felt like I played for three different teams in four years, because we were always changing head coaches," Mitchell said. "So, learning a new scheme is nothing thats too different for me. I think that Ive handled it well. (And) I made a couple plays this week, but theres many more to be made." NOTES: The Steelers signed CB Shaquille Richardson from Arizona, their fifth-round pick, and have five of nine draft choices under contract. ... The top four picks are still unsigned, though they should come into the fold soon. Pittsburgh will free up $8 million in cap space when the March release of linebacker LaMarr Woodley officially hits the books. ... The club signed two players Thursday and released two. They signed rookie free agent offensive lineman Emmanuel McCray and claimed cornerback Deion Belue off waivers from the Miami Dolphins. ... To make room on the roster, the Steelers released offensive linemen Nik Embernate and Kaycee Ike. ' ' '
Cl11234566
Капитан
Капитан

Вернуться в Сообщения и обращения