crossed the line with

От посетителей сайта

crossed the line with

Сообщение Cl11234566 06 дек 2019, 07:19

SINGAPORE -- Karrie Webb and Angela Stanford were so close down the stretch Saturday at the HSBC Womens Champions, matching each other birdie for birdie, that Stanford only sees one way to get the advantage in Sundays final round. "Im going to send Webbie a six-pack (of beer) tonight," she said. Webb wasnt sure that would help. "Ill probably drink one and go to sleep," the Australian veteran said. The two players set up a Sunday showdown between former HSBC champions after finishing off their third rounds with identical birdies over three of the last five holes Saturday to separate themselves slightly from the rest of the crowded leaderboard. Webb, the 2011 winner, shot a 70 to move to 11-under 205, one stroke ahead of 2012 champion Stanford, who had a 69. They both have a chance to be the first repeat champion of the tournament, although on two different courses. Both players picked up their first HSBC crown at Singapores Tanah Merah Country Club and this years event is being played at the Sentosa Golf Club. Still, Stanford said, there are enough other quality players within striking range after a momentum-shifting day that anybody could claim the title. "Its really not worth looking at (the leaderboard)," she said. "You just know a lot of people are going to be at the top." Among those chasing Webb and Stanford are Spains Azahara Munoz, who fired an eagle and four birdies for a 5-under 67, the low round of the day; and Taiwans Teresa Lu, who gave up her LPGA membership in 2010 to concentrate on playing in Japan. Both are tied for third at 8-under 208. Americas Paula Creamer, who briefly held the lead with Webb and Munoz on Saturday, had six birdies to go with three bogeys to sit in fifth place at 7 under. Morgan Pressel of the United States was at 6 under, Norways Suzann Pettersen was another stroke back at 5 under, and Swedens Caroline Hedwall and South Koreas Na Yeon Choi were in joint eighth at 4 under. Webb, a seven-time major winner, led the first two rounds in Singapore, but started out slowly on Saturday. She played her front nine at even par and then bogeyed the 10th hole to go to 1 over, allowing the rest of the field to close the gap. "Even when I was not giving myself a lot of good birdie opportunities early on, I had to tell myself its Saturday, theres plenty of golf left to be played and just to be patient," she said. "And fortunately I listened to myself for a change." Webb turned it around on the 153-yard, par-3 14th hole, where she struck her tee shot to within a couple feet of the hole for an easy birdie putt. Next came a chip shot from the fairway on the 16th which rolled in for birdie to give her a two-stroke lead again. Stanford stayed with Webb, though, as the other challengers fell back. Not to be outdone on the 14th, the American placed her tee shot even closer than Webbs -- a mere inches -- leading to birdie. She matched Webbs birdie again on the 16th, and both players closed the round with birdies on the 18th. If either veteran slips in the final round, however, Munoz and Lu are right behind them. Both players are looking for their second LPGA titles. Munoz captured her only tournament at the 2012 Sybase Match Play Championship, while Lu won hers at last years Mizuno Classic. Defending champion Stacy Lewis disappointing week, meanwhile, looks likely to end her streak of 13 consecutive top-10 finishes on the LPGA Tour. Lewis shot a 73 on Saturday, leaving her far down the leaderboard in joint-42nd place. Lewis, the reigning Womens British Open champion, is only three away from matching Webbs LPGA record of 16 consecutive top-10 finishes, set in 1998-99. Authentic NCAA Jerseys . On Sunday, hell attempt to become the youngest driver to win a NASCAR Nationwide race on Iowas short track. The 20-year-old Blaney wont be the only kid pushing a podium finish. NCAA Jerseys For Sale . Solomon Elimimian did not make the trip with the team after suffering what appeared to be a right leg injury in the teams regular season finale against the Calgary Stampeders. https://www.cheapncaajerseysjustwholesale.com/.Y. -- First, Ryan Miller. Wholesale College Jerseys . The traditional pre-Masters event was halted early due to inclement weather. Harrington, who tied for first in 2003 and won in 2004, became the first three-time champion of the event. NCAA Basketball Jerseys .com) - The red-hot Los Angeles Kings take aim at an eighth straight victory on Monday night as they wrap up a road trip versus the Calgary Flames.MOSCOW -- Canadas Brianne Theisen is fourth after the first four events of the heptathlon at the world track and field championships. The native of Humboldt, Sask., has 3,810 points to trail leader Ganna Melnichenko of Ukraine by just 102 points. Shes only 26 points behind American Sharon Day, who is third. Briesen was second after the first two events -- 100-metre hurdles and high jump. She won the 100 with a time of 13.17 second and was sixth in the high jump with a leap of 1.83 metres. Briesen fell to fourth overall after registering 732 points with a 13.07-metre effort in the shot put but accumulated 963 points after finishing the 200 in 24.18 seconds. Dafne Schippers of the Netherlands is second overall with 3,837 points. The final three events -- long jump, javelin and 800 -- are scheduled for Tuesday. The two-day event is considered wide open since Olympic champion Jessica Ennis-Hill and defending champion Tatyana Chernova are both out injured. Theisens husband Ashton Eaton, a gold medallist for the U.S. in the decathlon, was in the stands watching his wife. The two were married in July. Canadians Matt Hughes and Alex Genest advanced to the mens 3,000-metre steeplechase. Meanwhile, the U.S.-Jamaica sprint rivalry is turning into a rout. Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce rubbed it in Monday with a winning margin of Bolt-esque proportions in the womens 100 metres. Her hot-pink coloured hair slashing in the air behind her, Fraser-Pryce flashed to an early lead and kept on building it before crossing in a world leading 10.dddddddddddd.71 seconds. She had time to clench her fist as she crossed the line with silver medallist Murielle Ahoure of the Ivory Coast crossed a massive .22 behind. The first American, defending champion Carmelita Jeter, took bronze in 10.94. Like Usain Bolt, she now has two Olympic and two world titles in the 100. And in Moscow she gave Jamaica a 2-0 lead over the Americans in the sprint duel, showing the Caribbean island produces the fastest runners on the planet. The United States got its part of the glory, too, when David Oliver led a 1-2 finish in the 110 hurdles. It would have been an American sweep had defending champion Jason Richardson not stumbled near the end. In the womens 400, Christine Ohuruogu set a British record to regain the world title she first won in 2007, dipping at the line to cap a great comeback and beat defending champion Amantle Montsho of Botswana by .004 seconds. "When I finished I didnt know if Id won it, I didnt want to get over-excited until my name came up," Ohuruogu said. "I heard everyone screaming and I looked up and Im just so happy." Through three days of competition, the United States leads the medals standings with three gold and six overall. Germany is second with four medals overall after Raphael Holzdeppe upset Olympic champion Renaud Lavillenie of France on a countback to win the pole vault. In the shot put, Valerie Adams became the first woman to win four straight individual world titles. ' ' '
Cl11234566
Капитан
Капитан

Вернуться в Сообщения и обращения