We know that theyre going to make a run

We know that theyre going to make a run

Сообщение wanglei 24 окт 2017, 07:01

LAKE LOUISE, Alta. -- Whether the track is bumpy, smooth, icy, or fluffy, Dominique Maltais is a contender on all snowboard courses. The consistency that has produced three consecutive overall World Cup titles in snowboard cross continued Saturday in Lake Louise, Alta. Maltais was second in the big final to Lindsey Jacobellis of the U.S. at the Sportcheck World Cup. Her second podium in as many World Cup races vaulted Maltais into a familiar position at the top of the overall World Cup standings. "Im looking to be fast on every kind of course," Maltais said. "Technical stuff was one of my weaknesses in the past and now its one of my strengths. I think right now, every kind of course Im doing well. "One of strengths is to be consistent and I showed it again today." Maltais was second in the season-opening World Cup in Montafon, Austria, earlier this month. The 33-year-old from Petite-Riviere-St Francois, Que., won bronze in the 2006 Winter Olympics and is a medal contender again in Sochi, Russia, in February. Maltais dominated her quarter-final and semifinal. She lost ground to Jacobellis on the first turn and couldnt run the American down before the finish line. "Even if its a second place Im really satisfied," Maltais said. "I want to step it up for the next couple of races and keep improving myself and be at my top level in Sochi." In snowboard cross, also called boardercross, athletes race a course of bumps, rolls and turns in heats of four with the top two advancing to the next round. Similar to short-track speed skating, crashes are common and boarders can come from behind to win if the leaders go down. Helene Olafsen of Norway took bronze and reigning Olympic champion Maelle Ricker of Squamish, B.C., was fourth in the womens final. In the mens final, Jarryd Hughes of Australia, Konstantin Schad of Germany and Alex Deibold of the U.S. won gold, silver, and bronze, respectively. Calgarys Chris Robanske and Rob Fagan of Squamish were eliminated in the quarter-finals, while Kevin Hill of Trail, B.C., went out in the round of 16. Ricker battled from behind to finish second in her semifinal and join Maltais in the championship round. But the 34-year-old crashed early in the final to fall out of medal contention. "I definitely wish I could re-wind and re-do that big final," Ricker said. "I was on a Sunday drive, but its Saturday afternoon. "I was so slow out of the gate. I bumped with Helene, but it was really minor and I went down. I must have not had my weight on my board properly, knocked me the wrong way and I was on my bum." Lake Louise was Rickers first World Cup of this season. A mild concussion suffered during training for Montafon sent her home before the race. So Ricker admitted to feeling nervous for her first final of the season. She was in trouble early in the semifinal, but generated speed off a banked turn to rocket from fourth to second and advance. "That was a tough race and Im happy I was able to step up and push myself because I needed that," Ricker said. "I needed to be aggressive and go for it." Jacobellis qualified for the U.S. Olympic team with her victory. A broken thumb on her right hand was encased in a purple cast. "Im having a hard time getting good pulls out of the gate because I broke my thumb last race," Jacobellis said. "I really was dependent on working the features to try and get back out ahead. "We were definitely bumping and grinding in the first two turns. I was just trying to stay tough and hold my line, but I could hear everyone behind me. You knew you had to ride with no mistakes." Hughes won the gold in the first mens final of his career. "I just had as much fun as I could and it came together," the elated Australian said. "I just hope I can keep the momentum going through to Sochi." Ricker, Maltais and Robanske have qualified for Canadas Olympic team. Ricker won the womens world title earlier this year. Robanskes victory on Blue Mountain near Collingwood, B.C., last season was the first by a Canadian male since 2007. In 70 career World Cup races, Maltais has stood on the podium 33 times and won 11 of those races. She has said the Sochi Games will probably be her final Olympics. "Shes been training, working so hard in the gym, so hard on snow," Ricker observed. "Shes an amazing athlete and its all paying off for her. Its a great testament to how shes preparing for each race. Its definitely something to look up to, respect and learn from." The snowboard cross team races World Cups in Vallnord, Andorra, and Veysonnaz, Switzerland, in January. The X Games in Aspen, Colo., is their final event prior to the Winter Games. Robert Thomas Jersey . UCI President Brian Cookson said Wednesday the commission will investigate allegations "that the UCI has been involved in wrongdoing in the past -- allegations which have done so much to hurt the credibility of the UCI and our sport. Doug Kotar Jersey .com) - A pair of Eastern Conference rivals will meet on Saturday as D. http://www.nygiantsfanatic.com/c-21-giants-janoris-jenkins-jersey.aspx . - Vince Carter, heading into his 17th NBA season, doesnt consider age a big issue anymore. J.T. Thomas Jersey . Johnny Manziel, college footballs most entertaining player with the reputation for pulling off magical plays, was selected with the No. Damon Harrison Jersey . The best round belonged to Pat Perez. Tiger Woods didnt come close to claiming either Thursday in the Farmers Insurance Open, where the seven-time champion failed to break par in the opening round for first time in his career.San Antonio, TX (SportsNetwork.com) - Tim Duncan posted 20 points and 11 rebounds and Kawhi Leonard totaled 19 points with 14 boards, as San Antonio downed Milwaukee by a 101-95 count on Sunday. Boris Diaw picked up 14 points and Manu Ginobili added 13 for the Spurs, who have won two in a row and eight of their last 10. We were more competitive. We were stronger with the ball. We competed harder in the second half than we did in the first half, said Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich. We made a few more shots, but it was about being competitive and being more physical and focused. Khris Middleton led the way with a game-best 21 points for the Bucks, who opened up a four-game road trip with their fourth loss in six overall. Jerryd Bayless chipped in 15 and five assists in defeat. The Bucks were down 93-86 with 3:33 to play and suddenly got hot to close their gap to two. Middleton hit a pair of jumpers, including a 3-pointer, while Zaza Pachulia nailed a layup to make it 95-93 with 1:23 on the clock San Antonios only answer in the spurt was a Ginobili make. Duncan responded with a finger roll but Bayless countered with a floater inside of a minute to play which was Milwaukees final points of the night. Bayless missed two shots before bricking a pair of free throws and Middleton failed to connect from long distance, as Tony Parker and Leonard locked down the victory by going 4--for-4 from the charity stripe.dddddddddddd An Ersan Ilyasova bucket gave the Bucks a 24-12 lead with three minutes left in the opening period, but the Spurs finished with nine straight to shrink their deficit to 24-21. Milwaukee stretched out again in the second, taking a 47-36 lead on an Ilyasova triple. Though San Antonio closed its gap to 52-47 on two free throws by Aron Baynes, the visitors led 55-47 at the break. Ilyasova then split a pair from the line and the Bucks were up 62-51 with 6:34 to play in the third and the Spurs responded with a quarter-closing 18-5 clip to lead 69-67 heading to the fourth. Tiago Splitters layup finally pushed San Antonio in front at 67-65. For us, in the third quarter, we turned the ball over, Milwaukee head coach Jason Kidd said. Were playing the world champs. We know that theyre going to make a run. Ginobili was good from long distance and the Spurs were cruising, 81-73 with 8:34 on the clock. Game Notes Parker scored 10 points on 3-of-13 shooting from the floor, but dished out five assists in 35-plus minutes for the Spurs ... Pachulia had 12 points and Ilyasova 11 for the Bucks, who shot 47.6 percent from the field including 8-of-17 from beyond the arc ... San Antonio continues its six-game residence against Charlotte on Wednesday, while Milwaukee heads to Miami on Tuesday. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
wanglei
Капитан
Капитан

Re: We know that theyre going to make a run

Сообщение vanesela 17 сен 2018, 14:24

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
vanesela
Капитан
Капитан

Сообщение vanesela 15 апр 2019, 14:43

vanesela
Капитан
Капитан

Сообщение vanesela 08 июн 2019, 09:47

vanesela