pitalized in the later round

pitalized in the later round

Сообщение wanglei 13 мар 2018, 03:40

BOSTON -- The Houston Astros had no shortage of reasons to celebrate. The Astros ended a franchise winless streak at Fenway Park with a pesky performance, rallying to tie Boston twice before finishing off the Red Sox in extra innings. Jake Marisnick hit a two-run double with two outs in the 10th on Friday night for a 5-3 victory, giving the Astros their first win in nine games at Fenway Park. With their 51st win of the season, the Astros matched last years total. "Its a huge credit to the players in that locker room and our staff," manager Bo Porter said. "They worked extremely hard and we still have six weeks left to go in the season." Gregorio Petit entered as a pinch runner in the eighth inning and scored twice, including the tying run in the eighth on a wild sequence that withstood two challenges by Boston. The Red Sox lost both -- and the game, ending their winning streak at four. The Astros tied it after falling behind 2-0, then 3-2 before taking their first lead in the 10th after loading the bases with none out against reliever Craig Breslow (2-4). Boston got two quick outs that kept Houston from scoring, but Marisnick delivered with a blooper that bounced just inside the right-field line and into the stands for a ground-rule double. "You cant defend a bloop double down the line," Boston manager John Farrell said. The ending was almost anticlimactic compared to the way Houston tied it in the eighth with hustle and a little bit of good fortune. Petit came all the way around from second base on a fielders choice after Dexter Fowler slid safely into second to beat shortstop Xander Bogaerts throw to Dustin Pedroia, who saw Petit had rounded third and fired a strike to Christian Vazquez at the plate. Petit sidestepped out of range for Vazquez to tag him and lunged toward home, getting a hand safely on the plate. "When I first looked I knew I was going to be out. The throw was there way before I was," Petit said. "Then at the end of the play, Im safe." Boston reliever Burke Badenhop dropped the short throw from Vazquez, so Petit was going to be safe regardless. Boston still challenged the call at home and the play at second to no avail. Both calls were upheld. The Astros tacked on two runs in the 10th, then Tony Sipp (3-2) shut down the Red Sox in order to end it. NO DECISION Houston starter Dallas Keuchels night was done long before the game was decided. He struck out eight while holding Boston to three runs on six hits and three walks over seven innings. Then he watched as his teammates completed the comeback. "Fifty-one wins right now and weve got six weeks left. I think were surprising a lot of people," Keuchel said. "Its a great win tonight. First win at Fenway, which is pretty cool." NO CYCLE Rob Grossmans solo homer in the seventh tied it 2-all. He drove the first pitch he saw from Clay Buchholz out to right and finished 3 for 5, just a triple shy of the cycle. CHANGE IS GOOD Marisnick went 2 for 5 and increased his batting average to .315 with the Astros since he was traded by Miami at the deadline. Marisnick, who was hitting .167 for the Marlins in 14 games, is 17 for 54 in 14 games with Houston. TRAINERS ROOM Astros: Porter said the Astros arent taking any chances with LHP Darin Downs, who is sitting out a little while because of discomfort in his right oblique. Although Porter described it as "minor," the Astros called up LHP Kevin Chapman from Triple-A as Downs rests. Red Sox: C David Ross (plantar tendon) took batting practice and is doing footwork with his shin guards on. He has been on the disabled list since Aug. 2. UP NEXT RHP Brad Peacock (3-8, 5.25 ERA) faces the Red Sox for the first time since a very short outing in Houston on July 13. Peacock was pulled with one out in the first after Brock Holt hit a leadoff homer, then Boston loaded the bases on a single, a walk and a hit batter. Boston RHP Rubby De La Rosa (4-4, 3.21) tries to win back-to-back starts for the second time this season. De La Rosa, who won consecutive starts in July but then lost his next two, held the Angels to one run on five hits and struck out eight over seven innings Sunday. Nikola Jokic Jersey . Fans in the Jets viewing region can watch the game on TSN Jets at 5:30pm ct and listeners can tune in to TSN Radio 1290 Winnipeg. Jameer Nelson Jersey . Thats what he did over the past 2 1/2 years with the Washington Wizards. Wittmans approach helped turn the Wizards from pushover to playoff winners. http://www.authenticnuggetsproshop.com/Customized/ .Y. - Joe Johnson hit six 3-pointers in his 27 points, Mason Plumlee added 18 points, and the Brooklyn Nets won their 11th straight at home, beating the Boston Celtics 114-98 Friday night. Kenneth Faried Jersey . Louis, MO (SportsNetwork. Trey Lyles Jersey . -- The Los Angeles Dodgers signed Cuban shortstop Erisbel Arruebarrena to a $25 million, five-year contract Saturday. ORLANDO, Fla. -- Brazilian heavyweight Fabricio Werdum earned a UFC heavyweight title shot after dominating Travis Browne en route to a one-sided decision win in the headliner of Saturdays UFC on Fox event. Browne came out aggressively to open the fight, launching massive right hands that caught nothing but air. Showing little respect for his opponent, Browne threw blow after blow, but could never land clean. Meanwhile, Werdum (18-5-1) showed that hes more than just a submission wizard, flashing crisp striking of his own and busting up Brownes nose late in the fight. The early aggression cost Browne (15-2-1) as the fight wore on, and he visibly tired over the final three rounds. Meanwhile, Werdum racked up points until the final bell while staying cautious of walking into any of Brownes desperation counter punches. In the end, Werdum was awarded the fight with scores of 49-46, 50-45 and 50-45. Hell next challenge UFC heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez in a bout thats expected to take place in November in Mexico. "This was the best fight of my career," Werdum said after the win. "I trained so hard for this one. I worked hard on every part of my game -- boxing, wrestling, jiu-jitsu, everything. I knew how good Travis was, and I wanted to show everyone that Im ready for the title shot. "Im looking forward to fighting Cain Velasquez. That championship means everything in this sport, and Im excited to have the opportunity to show that I can win the title." In the nights co-feature, womens bantamweight contender Miesha Tate (14-5) overcame a slow start to battle back for a unanimous-decision win over Liz Carmouche (9-5). It was Carmouche who set the tone early, quickly moving forward and looking to strike before taking the fight to the floor. But once there, she struggled to mount any real offence. Tate capitalized in the later rounds by flashing her own grappling skills, repeatedly working herself into a dominant position and looking for potential submission opportunities. Tate nearly finished the fight in the third round with a deep rear-naked choke attempt, but Carmouche showed a ton of heart in fighting through the hold. Still, Tate controlled the maajority of the final two rounds and was rewarded with the judges nod, 29-28 on all three cards.dddddddddddd "It was very tough fight," said Tate. "We both have such a strong fighting spirit, and I knew neither one of us would quit. It took me a little bit to get going and then finally, in the third round, I really got my energy up and was able to do what I do best." In a lightweight matchup that was expected to thrill, Donald Cerrone (23-6) and Edson Barboza (13-2) delivered on their promise to stand and bang. However, it was Cerrone who walked away a winner by submission. The two went toe-to-toe from the opening bell, firing off powerful punches and kicks in the pocket. It was Barboza who looked to have the speed advantage early, and he was comfortable in the exchanges. But just as he started to settle into a rhythm, Cerrone floored him with a stiff jab. When Barboza dropped to the floor, Cerrone immediately rushed to his opponents back and locked in a rear-naked choke. Unable to escape the hold, Barboza was forced to tap out at the 3:15 mark of the opening round. "I definitely wish I couldve gotten that win without taking so much damage from him at first," said Cerrone. "The shots he hit me with finally woke me up and I kind of snapped out of it. But I was finally able to hit him with some good shots, and that last one sent him down." In the nights first main-card matchup, Cuban-born wrestler Yoel Romero turned in the most complete performance of his career, earning a decision win over Brad Tavares. Romero, a former Olympic wrestling silver medallist, showed plenty of grappling prowess, but he also demonstrated powerful striking throughout the 15-minute affair. Tavares, who carried a five-fight winning streak into the matchup, proved a formidable foe, answering back on the feet and constantly working himself free from his opponents grasp even after suffering a sizable cut in the second frame. But the volume of Romeros offence was simply too great, and he was awarded the win with three scores of 30-27. "God helped me with this win tonight," said Romero. "Everything I do is possible because of him." Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
wanglei
Капитан
Капитан

Re: pitalized in the later round

Сообщение vanesela 18 сен 2018, 23:51

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
vanesela
Капитан
Капитан

Сообщение vanesela 17 апр 2019, 23:08

vanesela
Капитан
Капитан

Сообщение vanesela 10 июн 2019, 20:42

vanesela