got the OT game-winner for the

got the OT game-winner for the

Сообщение wanglei 13 мар 2018, 03:44

NEW YORK -- Yankee Stadium is already a home run haven for Wil Myers -- whether he hits the ball over the fence or not. Myers had an inside-the-park homer, his latest big blow against the New York Yankees, and drove in four runs as the Tampa Bay Rays battered an ineffective CC Sabathia in a 5-1 victory Sunday. Erik Bedard earned his first win as a starter since last June, and Evan Longoria had an early RBI double to help the Rays finish 5-5 on a trying trip that included a doubleheader sweep Thursday in Boston and a 14-inning win Friday night in New York. "One of the best weve ever had," manager Joe Maddon said. "We talked about the possibility of getting a little bit of a bump from the three games in Boston. Apparently, we have." Desmond Jennings, who homered in his previous three games, had three hits and Logan Forsythe scored twice. Tampa Bay has taken consecutive series for the first time this season, and won eight of its last 10 games in the Bronx. Myers knocked in three runs with his homer off the top of the centre-field fence and then chased Sabathia with a ringing RBI double in the fourth. Asked if he remembered the previous time he hit an inside-the-park homer, Myers said: "I dont know. Not since I was 8?" The struggling Sabathia (3-4) gave up 10 hits and five runs in 3 2-3 innings, his shortest start since lasting 2 2-3 innings on Oct. 2, 2009, at Tampa Bay. He was late covering first on a potential double play and got booed during an outing that raised his ERA to 5.75. "I would have booed myself today, too. I wouldnt want to come to the ballpark and watch that," Sabathia said. Peyton Manning and his brother, Eli, showed up to watch buddy Derek Jeter play one last time during his final season. The star quarterbacks sat in Jeters suite along the first base line but didnt see much of a show -- a slumping Jeter went 0 for 4 and stranded four runners. He was 4 for 30 (.133) on New Yorks 3-5 homestand and is hitless in 13 at-bats. Bedard (1-1) pitched six-plus effective innings for his first win as a starter since June 26 for Houston against St. Louis. He had been 0-9 in 15 starts since, though he did win in relief on Sept. 4 against Minnesota. "I didnt realize how long its been," Bedard said. "But yeah, its nice." Forsythe, the first batter Sabathia faced, doubled off the wall in left and scored on Longorias ground-rule double to right. "He was out of sync from the get-go," Yankees pitching coach Larry Rothschild said. "He didnt warm up particularly well. I was kind of watching to see what we could do, but there wasnt much." With runners at first and second in the third, Myers sent a long drive to right-centre beyond the reach of Jacoby Ellsbury. The ball hit the top of the wall near the 385-foot sign, caromed off a leaping Ellsbury and rolled away along the warning track. Last seasons AL Rookie of the Year jogged out of the batters box, then turned it on while rounding first base. He scored standing up without a play after second baseman Yangervis Solarte couldnt handle a one-hop throw from right fielder Carlos Beltran, who was late backing up. "Off the bat, I thought it was gone," Myers said. "Wasnt stoppin. Wasnt stoppin." It was Tampa Bays 11th inside-the-park homer and first since Ben Zobrists against Toronto at Tropicana Field on Sept. 25, 2011. The previous player to hit an inside-the-park home run at Yankee Stadium was Jeter against Kansas City on July 22, 2010, according to STATS. Myers also homered Saturday and had a tiebreaking single in the 14th inning of the series opener Friday night. He has hit safely in all 13 of his games at Yankee Stadium, the longest streak to start a career at the new or old versions of the ballpark. Myers is batting .375 with four homers and 14 RBIs in seven games against New York this season -- compared to .202 with no homers and four RBIs against everyone else. Seven of his 17 career homers have come against the Yankees. Solarte tied it at 1 with a sacrifice fly in the second, but it was all Rays after that. Jake McGee, Joel Peralta and Grant Balfour finished with scoreless relief. "We didnt really hit at all," Yankees cleanup man Mark Teixeira said. "That was a pretty lacklustre performance all the way around." Alfredo Aceves, called up from the minors Saturday, relieved Sabathia and pitched shutout ball the rest of the way, saving New Yorks bullpen. NOTES: Maddon rested the slumping Zobrist to give him consecutive days off, including Mondays off day. Tampa Bay opens a six-game homestand Tuesday night against Baltimore. ... Longoria made his first start of the season at DH, with Forsythe replacing him at third base. ... Yankees INF Brendan Ryan (spine) is close to coming off the DL, manager Joe Girardi said. Bill Walton Jersey . A strong fastball. A big, bending curveball that can buckle hitters at the knees. Against the Detroit Tigers on Sunday, Elias put the entire package together against one of the leagues strongest lineups. Caleb Swanigan Jersey . PETERSBURG, Florida – Heading into Thursday nights action, Dioner Navarro had caught 14 innings combined from starters Drew Hutchison and Mark Buehrle. http://www.blazersteamofficial.com/customized/ . The motion to expand the stadiums capacity passed through by a count of 39-3, with Toronto mayor Rob Ford being among those in opposition. Portland Trail Blazers Jerseys . -- Michael Phelps is 0 for 1 in his comeback to the pool. Evan Turner Jersey . "I never commented to anyone that I wanted out," he explained. "My heart is with this group and making the playoffs." Kesler added that the rumours are "completely false" that he asked to be traded - recently or ever. MONTREAL -- Rookie Matt Fraser got to live a dream he had many times while growing up in Red Deer, Alta. Fraser, called up Wednesday from AHL Providence and playing his first career NHL playoff game, scored 1:19 into overtime to give the Boston Bruins a 1-0 victory over the Montreal Canadiens to even their Eastern Conference semifinal series on Thursday night. The 23-year-old jumped into a scramble in front of goalie Carey Prices net and slid the puck under him into the net. "It was bouncing around and I was just swatting at it as hard as I could and hoping it would hit something," said Fraser. "Price is such a good goalie. He doesnt give out a lot of rebounds. I might have got lucky there, but the puck wound up in the back of the net. "Its something I dreamed about many times on the outdoor rinks growing up. Its every kids dream to score in overtime." Johnny Boychuks point shot had taken a high hop off the end boards and Price and defenceman Mike Weaver had trouble controlling the bouncing puck. "It came around on the other side and it bounced over my stick and I lost it," said Price. "Somebody yelled over, so I looked over my left shoulder. Obviously it wasnt there. Then they poked it in on the other side." The victory knotted the best-of-seven series at 2-2, and the Bruins took back home ice advantage heading into Game 5 on Saturday night in Boston. The Bruins outshot Montreal 34-33 in an intense, sometimes nervously played game that was less a goaltending duel between Price and Tuukka Rask as a match of determined, defensive teams. "We knew how tight this series would be," said Boston coach Claude Julien. "It doesnt mean any more than that weve tied the series. Its been tight every game. "It was important to get back in the series, but I dont think weve played our best hockey. Weve played hard, but Ive seen us play better. You hope the win here will help us get better and well go from there." Asked about Rasks play, Julien said: "He was good. We didnt give up three breakaways, that helped." They gave up a partial breakaway in the second period, but Brian Gionta could only shovel the puck at the net and Rask made the save. Canadiens coach Michel Therrien called it trench warfare. He found no fault with his side, either, except that they didnt get a puck past RRask.dddddddddddd "This was a hard-nosed game between two well-prepared teams," he said. "We lost a battle in front of the net on the winning goal, but Im pleased with our teams effort. "All the games have been close and it wont be different next game." There were 21 goals scored by both teams in the first three games, there had not been a period without a goal, but there was little room to move in this one. It marked the first time since 1935 that Boston won a playoff game 1-0 in OT and the first time Boston and Montreal went scoreless in regulation time in the playoffs since 1953, when Elmer Lach got the OT game-winner for the Canadiens. Bostons Carl Soderberg had the best chance in the final minute of the first frame after P.K. Subbans blind back pass was intercepted, but Price looked to get a piece of it as it went off the cross-bar. Another goal-less period followed as shooters misfired, particularly Max Pacioretty on a setup from Thomas Vanek, and both goalies held their ground. Each team went on the power play once, but even that failed to break the deadlock. The Canadiens went on the attack in the third, peppering the Boston net and outshooting the Bruins 14-7. But the Bruins got a power play and Reilly Smith hit a goalpost, only to see Brian Gionta stoned by Rask alone in front of the net at the other end a moment later. Then Fraser ended it in OT. "Words cant even describe that feeling," said Fraser. "I just watched the replay of it and I dont even want to begin to try to explain that because its something I wish that every kid could feel." Fraser skated on Bostons third line with Soderberg and Loui Eriksson and got 14:44 of ice time and two shots on goal. Julien liked what he saw. "It was no doubt a little nerve-wracking for him but to me it didnt show on the ice," said Julien. "He was poised, made some good decisions, he was strong with the puck and in his decision-making. "We were talking about him and I said hes been really good for us tonight and there was no doubt he was going to play in overtime." Notes: Fraser played in place of Jordan Caron. Matt Bartkowski stepped in on defence for Andrej Meszaros. . . Montreal made no changes. . . Commissioner Gary Bettman and NHLPA executive director Donald Fehr attended the game. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
wanglei
Капитан
Капитан

Re: got the OT game-winner for the

Сообщение vanesela 18 сен 2018, 23:52

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
vanesela
Капитан
Капитан

Сообщение vanesela 17 апр 2019, 23:11

vanesela
Капитан
Капитан

Сообщение vanesela 10 июн 2019, 20:45

vanesela