www.saintsauthorizedshops.com

www.saintsauthorizedshops.com

Сообщение panxing18 17 янв 2019, 04:34

CHARLOTTE Marcus Williams Jersey , N.C. (AP) — Taylor Heinicke’s stint as the Panthers starting quarterback was a brief one.Carolina placed Heinicke on injured reserve Wednesday after he sustained a left elbow injury in his first career NFL start, a 24-10 loss to the Falcons on Sunday. Coach Ron Rivera said undrafted rookie Kyle Allen will start against the Saints this weekend with Carolina already eliminated from playoff contention.Carolina signed Garrett Gilbert, who was with the team in training camp, on Wednesday to be Allen’s backup.The Panthers don’t want to activate Cam Newton for the season finale. Newton, who is struggling with a shoulder injury, sat out the Falcons game.Allen relieved Heinicke for a few plays during the second quarter against the Falcons and completed all four pass attempts before Heinicke returned to the game.“I thought he did a nice job,” Rivera said of Allen’s brief stint at QB. “His decision-making was good and he threw some nice balls and took pretty good control.”Saints coach Sean Payton called Allen a “smart” quarterback.“He locates the ball well,” Payton said. “Quickly, we’re going to have to watch as much tape on him as possible.”Rivera joked that Allen will need to learn that he doesn’t have to walk toward to the bench to get the play calls anymore, since the NFL uses headsets.“It will be something he has to learn and get used to,” Rivera said.Heinicke injured his elbow on a hit by Falcons defensive tackle Grady Jackson in the second quarter that drew a flag for unnecessary roughness. He was taken to the locker room, but returned with a brace on his left elbow and finished the game completing 33 of 53 passes for 274 yards with one touchdown and three interceptions while taking a physical beating from the Falcons pass rush.Heinicke had an MRI on the elbow on Monday and the team decided to shut him down for the season. Heinicke wouldn’t discuss specifics of the injury except to say the results “didn’t look good.”However, he said he won’t need surgery.“Yeah, it’s a bummer,” Heinicke said. “But at the same time I got to finish the game. I’m just happy I got to finish the game and I appreciate that.”This week’s game against the Saints appeared to be an important one at the midway point of the NFL season after New Orleans got off to a 7-1 start and Carolina began 6-2.But the two teams have gone in opposite directions.The Saints have already clinched home-field advantage throughout the NFC playoffs, while the Panthers have lost seven straight and were eliminated from contention after last week’s loss to the Falcons.With New Orleans (13-2) having nothing left to gain in the regular season there is a good chance that Teddy Bridgewater will see extensive playing time at quarterback Authentic Alvin Kamara Jersey , but Payton has not declared his plans on how much he intends to play Drew Brees and the rest of the team’s starters.NOTES: Panthers 33-year-old tight end Greg Olsen said his second surgery in two years on his foot went well and he still feels like he can play at a high level if the team wants him back next season. Olsen, who went on injured reserve Dec. 5, said “I still enjoy playing and I still know I can play.” Dallas Cowboys offensive coordinator Scott Linehan doesn't sound interested in reviewing how the Saints gave up 48 points in Week 1 or 37 points in Week 3."Early in the year, they gave up some points and yards and things like that, but you just really look at them in their last I guess three or four ballgames," Linehan said.The more recent version of New Orleans' defense hasn't allowed more than 17 points in any of its past three games."They're just really doing a good job of getting stops and creating negative plays for the other team, whether it be sacks or turnovers," Linehan said. "We've got a big challenge."Indeed, for all the offensive star power in Thursday night's Saints-Cowboys clash 鈥?from New Orleans' Drew Brees, Michael Thomas and Alvin Kamara to Dallas' Dak Prescott, Ezekiel Elliott and Amari Cooper 鈥?it is also about defenses that have played well lately. Or in the Cowboys' case, most of the season.Dallas has not allowed an opponent to score more than 23 in any of its past three games, has not allowed 30 points in a game all season and ranks third in the NFL in points allowed per game at 19.4."They're playing extremely well," Saints coach Sean Payton said of the Dallas defense. "Their front gets after the quarterback. I think that their back end is really good relative to their scheme. ... They're well-coached and I think that they're playing with real good passion. It's one of the better defenses we've seen."Saints quarterback Drew Brees was similarly effusive in his praise."Defensively, they fly around. They're very well-coached, disciplined Youth Drew Brees Jersey ," Brees said. "They are just doing all the things that the great defenses do 鈥?getting pressure on the quarterback, good against the run. So really in every facet of what you would say is winning football, championship-caliber football, these guys are doing it right now."Cowboys coach Jason Garrett cited coordinator Rod Marinelli's work and an infusion of "some good young pieces on all three levels of our defense over the last couple of years" as reasons why Dallas has played well on that side of the ball this season."The guys have a good understanding of what we want them to do and I think we play hard," Garrett said. "We're physical, we run to the ball and take great pride in being a great defensive unit."Both defenses feature relatively young players in prominent roles, such as defensive end Taco Charlton, linebacker Jaylon Smith and safety Xavier Woods in Dallas, and defensive tackle Sheldon Rankins, linebacker Alex Anzalone and cornerback Marshon Lattimore in New Orleans.Meanwhile, each team has a playmaking defensive end in his prime: Cameron Jordan for the Saints and Demarcus Lawrence for the Cowboys. Their linebackers also are led by accomplished veterans in New Orleans' Demario Davis and Dallas' Sean Lee.New Orleans ranks No. 1 in the NFL against the run, which creates a compelling matchup against Elliott, the NFL's leading rusher.Some of the Saints' success against the run stems from the fact they've played with large leads, which leaves opponents little choice but to try to come back through the air."At the same time, you see the first, opening http://www.saintsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-mark-ingram-jersey , couple drives 鈥?three-and-outs 鈥?limited success in (opponents') run game,'" Jordan said. "There's also been games where we had to play all four quarters, all 60 minutes and even beyond that, and we still come out with the same result."Dallas is tied for fourth against the run as it prepares to face Kamara and Mark Ingram, and ranks 12th against the pass.The Saints have a less flattering No. 30 ranking against the pass, but have been able to counter that with turnovers, such as three in the red zone against Atlanta last week. And they've gotten good pressure on quarterbacks, with 13 sacks in the past three games."I don't think quarterbacks are getting comfortable back there," Saints defensive tackle Tyeler Davison said. "There's not space for them to step up. You can't escape on the edges. I feel like when quarterbacks play against us now, they have to have that clock in their head. They know that, 'If I don't get this ball out, something's going to happen to me.' Especially with our offense doing so well, it allows us to pin our ears back and go attack the quarterback."AP Football Writer Schuyler Dixon in Dallas contributed to this report. Custom Los Angeles Chargers Jerseys
panxing18
Старшина
Старшина

Re: www.saintsauthorizedshops.com

Сообщение vanesela 19 апр 2019, 14:26

vanesela
Капитан
Капитан

Re: www.saintsauthorizedshops.com

Сообщение vanesela 13 июн 2019, 04:23

vanesela
Капитан