Tre'Davious White had personal reasons for not sticking arou

Tre'Davious White had personal reasons for not sticking arou

Сообщение panxing18 23 янв 2019, 06:25

to address questions from the media on Wednesday. The second-year cornerback Austin Carr Jersey Salute to Service , understandably, has plenty weighing on his mind.On Sunday, White faces the challenge of defending DeAndre Hopkins, the NFL's leading receiver, in Buffalo's game at Houston. Last week, he learned the unsettling news of his mother being arrested for domestic violence for allegedly stabbing a man, according to TMZ and several television affiliates in northern Louisiana."I can't talk today," White said, pulling on his backpack and heading for the exit. "I've got to make a run."What's not in doubt is White being ready Sunday."I think Tre's always focused," safety Jordan Poyer said of the second-year cornerback. "I think he's got it at home, you know, 'Each week this is the guy I've got to stop,' because that's what we expect of him. We all have confidence in him."White hasn't lost a step in following up an impressive rookie season . The first-round draft pick finished with four interceptions, two of which sealed victories Benjamin Watson Jersey , and was one of only two NFL players to force five takeaways (four interceptions and a forced fumble and recovery) in the fourth quarter.It was enough for him to finish second behind Saints cornerback Marshon Lattimore in Defensive Rookie of the Year voting.This season, White's held his own in taking over the job defending an opponent's top receiver on a full-time basis. He limited Chargers receiver Keenan Allen to six catches for 67 yards in Week 2, Minnesota's Stefon Diggs to four catches for 17 yards in Week 3, and Green Bay's Davante Adams to eight catches for 81 yards, though he didn't cover Adams when he lined up in the slot.White is doing his part while the starting job opposite him remains unsettled due to injuries and after projected starter Vontae Davis left the team during halftime against the Chargers and then retired."To be able to have a guy like him, who has the athletic ability and the mental toughness to match up and get us through some tough situations is a luxury," defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier said.Bills coach Sean McDermott is impressed by how White, 23, has taken over the role of being team's top shutdown cornerback."It's a little bit unique with a young player like Tre'Davious to be able to do it this early," McDermott said before noting how White wasn't drafted until the 27th pick . "You think about the teams that passed up on him. It was a big move for us as far as that goes in getting a good football player."White was a four-year starter at LSU, where he earned All-America honors in his senior year. As a freshman, he developed his craft by going up against Tigers receivers Odell Beckham Jr., and Jarvis Landry in practice. In games, White's first career interception was against current Dallas Cowboys starter Dak Prescott.Bills receiver Kelvin Benjamin is so impressed by White's ability to burst on the ball he refers to his teammate as "Quick-feet Tre.""It's stupid. It's stupid Eli Apple Jersey ," Benjamin said, shaking his head in wonder of White's speed. "You've got to attack the ball as a wide receiver when he's on you. And, he's only going to get better."Good as White might already be, he has far loftier goals."I've told myself, I don't want to come into this game and just be a cornerback in the league, just a normal guy on the team," he told The Associated Press in August. "I'm chasing the Hall of Fame."White has plenty more to do before he can be included in that conversation.White acknowledged he's fueled by a fear of failure. It's what motivated him as a teenager to become the first in his family to go to college and escape the tough neighborhoods of his hometown of Shreveport, Louisiana."It's a fear of not being the best I can be. It's a fear of going back to the situations I came from, just growing up," White said. "I feel like there's just so much riding on me that I put so much into this game, I'd do everything to prevent myself from being a failure, or not living up to my expectations." When Carolina's Christian McCaffrey ripped off a 59-yard run against the Seattle Seahawks, there was no tapping his helmet.He wasn't coming out of the game.The second-year running back told Cam Newton in the huddle before the next play "I'm ready to go," then took a handoff on the next play and picked up another 15 yards."Any other average running back would've tapped his head and said Authentic Kurt Coleman Jersey , 'I need a blow,'" Newton said.McCaffrey has been the Energizer Bunny of the Panthers' offense, playing in 97 percent of the team's offensive plays through 11 games 鈥?the most in the NFL.And he's showing no signs of letting up.He became the first Carolina player in franchise history to eclipse 100 yards rushing and 100 yards receiving in the same game last Sunday. Despite the loss to the Seahawks, his 237 total yards set a franchise record.Entering Sunday's game at Tampa Bay, McCaffrey is fourth in the NFL in total yards from scrimmage with 1,365. He has 757 yards rushing and five touchdowns, 608 yards receiving yards on 71 catches and five more TDs.McCaffrey said he never really gets tired 鈥?and if he does, he just ignores it."I don't think of it," McCaffrey said. "When I'm in the game there is so much adrenaline. I never really feel like I'm gasping. You have to push through that.""He doesn't look like it is wearing on him," said Panthers coach Ron Rivera, whose team is looking to snap a three-game losing streak. "He works hard at everything he does and takes care of himself the way you expect a pro to do. Our other young guys can learn from that example."The 5-foot-11, 205-pound McCaffrey is proving to everyone he's not too small to be an every-down 鈥?and basically every-play 鈥?running back.Newton said McCaffrey is always out to prove something and bristles when someone calls him a "small" running back."When they take you at the eighth pick, you have a lot of people counting on you," McCaffrey said. "So I knew it was going to be a pivotal (role). But at the same time Patrick Robinson Jersey Salute to Service , you still have to earn everything. And that's kind of my mindset, how it's always been."Said Newton: "C-Mac has defied all odds. The thing that has always put me at comfort with C-Mac is he's always been a workhorse. He's always been a playmaker. There's no denying that. C-Mac was everything (we thought he could be), and a bag of chips."McCaffrey believes that players like McCaffrey, Le'Veon Bell, Todd Gurley and Alvin Kamara are changing the running back position in the NFL."Those guys are all-down backs," Newton said. "And they can take a screen pass, score. They can take a trap, score. They can block in the pass game. They're everything. And they're changing the game. My hat goes off to all of those guys knowing that they're a part of the evolving of the game, just like dual-threat quarterbacks." Custom Buffalo Bills Jerseys
panxing18
Старшина
Старшина

Re: Tre'Davious White had personal reasons for not sticking arou

Сообщение vanesela 19 апр 2019, 15:43

vanesela
Капитан
Капитан

Re: Tre'Davious White had personal reasons for not sticking arou

Сообщение vanesela 13 июн 2019, 05:42

vanesela
Капитан