http://www.thejaguarsclub.com

Модератор: sundog

http://www.thejaguarsclub.com

Сообщение zhangzk 09 май 2019, 09:42

JACKSONVILLE Mens Ryquell Armstead Jersey , Fla. (AP) — Quincy Williams didn’t get an invite to the NFL combine. He didn’t have a pro day at Murray State. He didn’t even think he would get drafted, at least not in the third round.He ended up being Jacksonville’s biggest, maybe boldest, reach in the NFL draft.The Jaguars chose the 5-fooot-10, 225-pound linebacker — best known for being Alabama star Quinnen Williams’ older brother — with the 98th overall pick during the three-day event. The selection was so surprising that NFL Network couldn’t dig up his highlights immediately.Jaguars general manager Dave Caldwell spent 10 minutes defending the decision, explaining the team had no fourth-round pick, couldn’t find a trade partner and thought Williams was one of the last linebackers available with “some starter traits.”Now, given the uncertainty of Telvin Smith’s future in Jacksonville, Williams could end up filling a potential hole in the defense.Smith is skipping voluntary workouts and hasn’t returned calls from team officials, raising speculation that he could be on the trading block. Caldwell and personnel chief Tom Coughlin denied reports that Smith is available. But Caldwell also stopped short of saying he expects Smith Youth Jalen Ramsey Jerseys , a Pro Bowl selection in 2017, to be on the roster this fall.“We’ll see. We’ve got time. Like Coach (Doug) Marrone said, these are all voluntary situations,” Caldwell said. “We’ll see what happens and start a dialogue there. … I don’t want to go into hypothetical situations.”Williams played in 43 games at Murray State, notching 231 tackles, nine pass breakups and three interceptions and three forced fumbles.“I’m very confident in my abilities,” he said. “”The biggest thing is me being dependable. My work ethic was huge, too.”Mark Ellenz, Jacksonville’s director of college scouting, said the pick went from getting panned to getting praised.“We didn’t take him to make a splash Jalen Ramsey Jerseys Stitched ,” Ellenz said. “I know my phone is getting blown up by people and I see the stuff, the bloggers and everything, and they’re like, ‘Who is this kid? What a wasted pick!’“And then they go and watch his (highlights) and go, ‘Oh, great pick.’ So just be patient with it and let’s see what happens.”Here are some other things to know about Jacksonville’s draft:WHO THEY GOTThe Jaguars feel like they landed two first-round draft picks, one with Kentucky defensive end Josh Allen at No. 7 overall and another with Florida right tackle Jawaan Taylor in the second round. They also chose San Jose State tight end Josh Oliver (third), Temple running back Ryquell Armstead (fifth), Washington State quarterback Gardner Minshew (sixth) and Auburn defensive tackle Dontavious Russell (seventh).SURPRISE MOVENot drafting a safety. Jacksonville parted ways with 2018 starters Barry Church and Tashaun Gipson, leaving Rodney Harrison and Jarrod Wilson to man the position and little depth behind them.HOW THEY DIDThey filled glaring holes at right tackle and tight end.WHAT’S NEXT?Figuring out who will be the team’s backup quarterback behind Nick Foles. Jacksonville has Cody Kessler Youth Ronnie Harrison Jerseys , Tanner Lee, Alex McGough and now Minshew vying for the position. Minshew has to be the favorite, especially after the way Coughlin and Caldwell gushed about his ability and intangibles. The Jacksonville Jaguars continue to look to build depth on their roster, notably the running back position. The team is bringing in former Houston Texans running back Alfred Blue and former C..."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Jaguars Free Agency 2016Jaguars Film RoomNFL DraftJaguars Injury NewsLatest NewsJaguars bring Alfred Blue for a visitNew,9commentsEDTShareTweetShareShareJaguars bring Alfred Blue for a visitMark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY SportsThe Jacksonville Jaguars continue to look to build depth on their roster, notably the running back position. The team is bringing in former Houston Texans running back Alfred Blue and former Chicago Bears running back/special teamer Benny Cunningham, according to reports.Blue is a name that Jaguars fans should be familiar because he’s spent a few seasons with the Houston Texans in the AFC South. He’s more similar to Leonard Fournette in that he’s kind of a bruiser. Last season he had 150 carries for 499 yards.Cunningham on the other hand has mostly been a special teams player for the Bears and Los Angeles Rams, never having more than 66 carries for the Rams and just a total of 20 carries in his two seasons with the Bears. Cunningham might be viewed as someone who can catch the ball out of the backfield however, as he has over 100 receptions in his career and more receiving yards than rushing yards.
zhangzk
Лейтенант
Лейтенант

Вернуться в Технический отдел