Doug Pederson kind of tempered expectations

Модератор: sundog

Doug Pederson kind of tempered expectations

Сообщение zhangzk 09 май 2019, 09:55

Tate a little during his Friday press conference leading up to Sunday night’s Eagles versus Cowboys game. With all due respect http://www.eagleslockerroom.com/authentic-haloti-ngata-jersey , it’s hard to completely take Pederson at face value here. I mean, the Eagles traded a third-round pick for eight games of Tate. One would think/hope he’s going to have a significant role.It’ll be interesting to see just how the Eagles use their newly acquired weapon. If Ian Rapoport’s reporting is any indication, Tate could be used in a variety of ways.The Eagles’ offense, which ranks 19th in offensive points per game, could clearly use a spark. The hope is that Tate can be a difference maker. BGN’s Michael Kist and Benjamin Solak laid out in detail exactly how the Eagles might use their new wide receiver.Tate certainly tortured the Cowboys when the Lions played in Dallas earlier this year. He finished that game having caught all of his eight targets for 132 yards and two touchdowns. Here’s to another big performance tonight....On a side note, it’s hard not to like how Tate has really embraced being a member of the Eagles. Philadelphia Eagles news and links for 3/9/19."Let’s get to the Philadelphia Eagles links ...Mailbag: With some cap flexibility, should the Eagles pursue signing Le’Veon Bell? - PhillyVoiceIf I were Howie Roseman (or any other GM for that matter), I would have zero interest in Bell. None. Bell is essentially looking for $50 million guaranteed, which would eclipse what Todd Gurley got from the Rams last July. The fact that Steelers running backs were just as productive as Bell in his absence puts major doubts in my mind about how great a player he even is. [...] Surely, Bell has good size and some receiving ability, but if I’m going to be making him the highest paid back in the game, I better be getting that, or at least something close to it. I don’t think that’s what he is, by a long shot. He’s not Ezekiel Elliott. He’s not Saquon Barkley. He’s not Gurley. He’s not even close, in my view. At a minimum, Bell isn’t as good as he thinks he is. Even if his market doesn’t develop and he is forced to sign a less lucrative deal, I still don’t even want him, given that he was already willing to sit out a season over money, when he was set to make $14.5 million.6 thoughts on what Michael Bennett trade means for the Eagles - BGNI’ve seen some outrage that this was simply a dumb trade by the Eagles. I don’t agree. That’s not to say I think it’s a great trade. I just think there’s some nuance to deal with here. I think people need to have perspective. As I explained at length on the most recent BGN Radio episode, there are a number of factors to consider when it comes to Bennett. First Womens Nate Gerry Jersey , there was the issue of cap space. Bennett was set to make $7.2 million with the Eagles in 2018. That was a bargain for the team as Bennett wasn’t even being paid top 20 edge rusher money. Of course, Bennett publicly stated he wants to be paid even more than he’s already set to make this season. It’s his right to feel that way; he’s definitely deserving of a pay bump. But the Eagles are already in a spot where they’re tight on cap space so it’s not as simple as paying him more. Especially when you take some important off-field factors into account.Michael Bennett to New England?! - BGN RadioMichael Kist and Brandon Lee Gowton react to the Eagles trading Michael Bennett to the Patriots, PLUS Nelson Agholor searches his name on Twitter and it has Benjamin Solak sweating!Presented by SB Nation and Bleeding Green Nation.Bennett Goes got from the Broncos last season (two years, $36 million with $25 million guaranteed). Foles is hitting free agency at age 30, like Keenum, and he’s also hoping to cash in on a limited number of quality starts. A per-year number of $20 million for Foles has been thrown around lately, but one crucial factor could keep from him reaching that figure: After five QBs were selected in the first round of last year’s draft, most teams already have a long-term plan at the position. Foles may be the best free-agent QB on the market, but unlike in years past, there may not be many suitors who’ll drive up his price.NFL Free Agency Matchmaker: Picking Homes For the Top 10 Players - MMQB3. Tevin Coleman, RB. Old team: Falcons. Potential new team: Jets, Colts, Ravens, Eagles or Raiders The safer and cheaper alternative to Le’Veon Bell in this class, as Andy Benoit has discussed at length. Coleman’s market is going to be interesting in that there are more than a few teams willing to at least browse the high-end running back market. Whether a team has a second-year quarterback, or a quarterback that functions better off a play-action type running game, he is a quintessential runner who has the capability of taking over certain games, while also playing a valuable complementary role.The best 2019 free-agent pass-rushers, O-linemen NFL teams should sign - ESPN In$iderCameron Wake: At the same time, when he did rush the passer last season he was efficient. Another caveat Clayton Thorson Philadelphia Eagles Jerseys , however: It’s possible that only playing half the time contributed to his efficiency, not only because of the extra rest but also because more of his pass rushes came on third down -- when he can fly toward the quarterback and not worry about the run -- than first or second. Still, finishing third among DE/OLB in PRWR is notable. Though his sack total (six) was down, that was in just over half the number of pass rushes as, say, Dee Ford. Wake lines up in the same spot just about all the time -- on the far outside of the right side of the line -- and when he gets pressure it’s usually by beating the right tackle on the outside. Wake’s 2018 season indicates he could still be useful in a specific role for a team.5 defensive combine winners Eagles should keep an eye on - NBCSPJuan Thornhill, S, Virginia (6-0, 205): The Virginia safety absolutely crushed the combine and absolutely helped his draft stock. He’s even known as a ballhawking safety, which should intrigue the Eagles almost as much as his gaudy combine numbers. He ran a 4.42 time in the 40 (fifth among safeties), did 21 reps on the bench (second) and then crushed the jumps. His vert of 44 inches and his broad of 11-9 were not only tops among safeties, they were top numbers of all players.Per league mandate, silence is the rule for NFL teams - PE.comThe NFL has a way of remaining in the news throughout the year, including this fast-moving period of free agency. The expectation is that the Eagles are going to be active once they can legally talk to players’ agents on March 11. Roseman is always on the lookout for a way to upgrade the roster, no matter the position. And there is also no doubt that he’s been working the phone lines and juggling as many of those “in-the-air” balls as he can handle. It’s that time of the year, and the level of expectation is almost crushing. You get the feeling that maybe the Eagles are going to do something substantial. Then again, you really don’t know what Roseman has planned, so patience is required.2019 Club Playing Rules Proposals - NFL.comBy Philadelphia; to amend Rule 15, Section 2, to add scoring plays and turnovers negated by a foul to be subject to automatic review in the instant replay system. By Carolina Philadelphia Eagles Jerseys Stitched , Los Angeles Rams, Philadelphia and Seattle; to amend Rule 15, Section 2, to add review of designated player safety-related fouls (called or not called on the field) as plays subject to coaches’ challenge in the instant replay system.Fantasy football stats: Philadelphia Eagles best of the last decade - PFFMichael Vick, 2010. (233-372 passing, 3,108 passing yards, 21 TD, 6 INT, 676 rushing yards, 9 TD, 316.3 fantasy points, QB1). The Eagles have gotten at least 214.6 fantasy points out of the QB situation every year of the last 10. The only other teams who can say that — Atlanta, Green Bay, New England, New Orleans, and Pittsburgh — have basically had one quarterback in that span. The Eagles? Vick, McNabb, Carson Wentz, Nick Foles Clayton Thorson Jersey 2019 , and Sam Bradford have all been the team’s leading passer for at least one season in the last 10, and even Mark Sanchez started eight games in 2014. Vick’s 2010 is the clear leader, but the lack of stability here is the real story.How does Nick Foles impact Jaguars draft plans? - Big Cat CountryI know some of you are probably screaming “PICK A QUARTERBACK TOO!” if someone like Dwayne Haskins falls to the seventh overall pick, or someone like Will Grier or Tyree Jackson in the third round, but I just have a hard time seeing it. I’m fully prepared to sign Foles in free agency and watch the Jaguars make a selection, passing on Haskins if he’s on the board, with the seventh overall pick. As I said, if you’re signing Nick Foles in free agency as a “win now” type of move, you have got to equip him with the pieces to actually win now. Drafting a backup quarterback with the seventh overall pick or even a developmental one in the first four rounds isn’t how you do that. You can get actual contributors in those rounds who will contribute more than that quarterback will, which is hopefully none at all. Picking a quarterback after the fourth round as well is more often than not throwing a pick away, so look for your special teamers and developmental lineman/skill position players there.Offseason Rumor: TE Martellus Bennett wants to come out of retirement to play with the Patriots - Pats PulpitShortly after the New England Patriots acquired defensive end Michael Bennett from the Philadelphia Eagles, his brother and former Patriot tight end Martellus Bennett decided that he wants to come out of retirement for another round in New England.Dorial Green-Beckham Sentenced to Jail Time - OzarksFirstFormer NFL wideout Dorial Green-Beckham will be spending ninety days in the county jail. Green-Beckham was in court this morning facing a motion to revoke his probation stemming from a 2017 DWI sentence. In the original sentencing, he was given a suspended imposition of sentence and two years of unsupervised probation. If Green-Beckham did not violate parole he would not serve jail time and could possibly have the charge removed from his record. However, in December of 2018 Green-Beckham was arrested and held for possessing a controlled substance except for 35 grams or less of marijuana/synthetic cannabinoid and resisting arrest.How trading for Olivier Vernon can help give the Browns one of the NFL’s top defenses - SB NationNow that the Browns have a franchise quarterback in Baker Mayfield, they can be a bit more aggressive with their roster-building efforts. They took their first big swing of the offseason by trading offensive guard Kevin Zeitler to the Giants for defensive end Olivier Vernon....Social Media Information:BGN Facebook Page: Click here to like our pageBGN Twitter: Follow @BleedingGreenBGN Manager: Brandon Lee Gowton: Follow @BrandonGowtonBGN Radio Twitter: Follow @BGN_Radio
zhangzk
Лейтенант
Лейтенант

Вернуться в Технический отдел