Quarterback Nick Foles said what sounded like goodbye

Модератор: sundog

Quarterback Nick Foles said what sounded like goodbye

Сообщение zhangzk 16 май 2019, 08:29

Eagles and Philadelphia after Sunday’s loss to the Saints as he said both “will always have a special place in my heart.”While nothing will be official until all of the contractual levers have been pulled Womens Shareef Miller Jersey , head coach Doug Pederson also sounded like he was saying farewell to Foles when asked about the quarterback on WIP Monday.“I can’t say enough good things about Nick,” Pederson said. “For him to come here and be the backup behind Carson [Wentz] and then to do the things he’s done the last two years, like I said I can’t thank him enough. He’s a pro’s pro. He’s a great human being, great leader in the locker room. He’ll always be remembered in Philadelphia for bringing a Super Bowl to this city. So, a lot of great things for him and we’ve got these next few weeks Shareef Miller Jersey Color Rush , few months to make some tough decisions, but we’ll make them at that point.”The Eagles have a $20 million option on Foles’ contract for 2019 that Foles can buy out for $2 million if the team exercises it. Foles said Monday that “everything is open” and that having the option to be a free agent is “important” to him, although the Eagles could still use a franchise tag if they want a chance to trade Foles for a bigger return than a compensatory draft pick. As the Eagles decide what to do with quarterback Nick Foles, other players in the locker room are paying attention. And they believe that Foles deserves extra consideration based on his accomplishments on behalf of the franchise and the city in which it is located.“Nick deserves the opportunity for input,” defensive end Chris Long told last week. “I think it鈥檚 one of those unique situations where Cheap Shareef Miller Jersey , you know, a lot of the times it is a business but this guy, undoubtedly. . . . I mean, they built a statue for him outside of the stadium. You don’t send him somewhere he doesn鈥檛 want to be or put him somewhere against his will. I think finding that sweet spot where he has some input and the team wins too if that鈥檚 the situation, I think everyone would respect that.”Of course Shareef Miller Philadelphia Eagles Jerseys , it would be hard for any team to trade a potential starting quarterback to a team for which he doesn’t want to play. Starting quarterbacks need to be all in, arriving early, staying late, gathering teammates for offseason workouts beyond the formal offseason workout program, holding teammates accountable Philadelphia Eagles Jerseys Stitched , etc. If a quarterback gets sent to a place where he doesn’t want to be, he won’t be all in — and he won’t be as effective as the team needs him to be.The deeper question is whether Foles should have more than just input into his next destination. Foles arguably should be unfettered as to his next move, given the Super Bowl trophy he delivered to the franchise. Why would he want to go to a team like the Jaguars via trade when he could get more money by signing with the Jaguars on the open market — and when the Jaguars would keep the draft pick(s) that otherwise would be sent to Philly? That’s why Foles needs to be willing to fight this one, without regard to whether the Eagles get irritated with him for taking a stand.Teams make decisions in their own best interests all the time. Players need to do the same thing, especially when they have the leverage to pull it off.
zhangzk
Лейтенант
Лейтенант

Вернуться в Технический отдел