Micah Hyde laughs at the recollection of just turned 20-year

Если вы новичек в этом увлекательном виде спорта, задавайте вопросы.

Micah Hyde laughs at the recollection of just turned 20-year

Сообщение liny195 08 авг 2019, 03:56

linebacker Tremaine Edmunds having difficulty spitting out calls in the defensive huddle during one of the Buffalo Bills first offseason practices in May."They threw him in the fire and put him in the huddle and Adrian Clayborn Jerseys 2019 , man, he was tongue-tied," the safety said. "We were all laughing, like, 'Dude, just slow down, just calm down.'"Hyde raises the memory in making a point about how much Edmunds has matured with his rookie season coming to a close. Buffalo (5-9) has two games left and travels to play New England (9-5) on Sunday."Now, he's able to make adjustments just like anybody else," Hyde said. "He gives us the call right away. He's yelling to the sideline to get the play in. He's come a long way."The biggest indication of how far the second of Buffalo's two first-round draft picks has come occurred during a weekly players-only defensive strategy meeting two weeks ago. That's when defensive tackle Kyle Williams relinquished his usual spot at the front of the room and had Edmunds lead the session."I went to him and said, 'Hey, listen White Jeremy Hill Jerseys , I've been doing this for a long time, and when I look at you I see somebody who in my opinion is going to be a cornerstone here for a long time,'" said Williams, Buffalo's longest-tenured active player and most respected leader. "I saw it as an opportunity to help him grow and to continue on the upward tick here the last few weeks of the season."The significance wasn't lost on Edmunds."That meant a lot coming from a guy like that," Edmunds said of the 13-year veteran. "I feel like if he didn't trust me, he wouldn't have done it at the time that he did it. I don't like to let my teammates down. So I'm going to make sure I'm on top of my game for sure."Slowly but surely, Edmunds is emerging as the defensive leader the Bills anticipated they were getting in trading up six spots to draft him 16th overall.At 6-foot-5 and 250 pounds, Edmunds has showed off the combination of strength and speed that led him to be a Butkus Award finalist as the nation's top linebacker following his junior year at Virginia Tech last season.Edmunds leads the Bills with 98 tackles, has a sack and been credited with 10 passes defensed and six quarterback hits, while playing 791 out of 879 defensive snaps this season. He has forced two fumbles and picked off Jets rookie Sam Darnold two weeks ago to become the NFL's youngest player to intercept a pass.He's accomplished this despite being six days shy of his 20th birthday when he was drafted, and while having to learn the intricacies and responsibilities that come with playing the middle linebacker spot after spending his three years at college playing the weak-side position."It's been a big change Jeremy Hill Jerseys 2019 ," Edmunds acknowledged. "I'm still trying to take steps forward now. I feel like the sky's the limit to where I can get to. I feel like I'm nowhere close to being as good as I could be."There were several times earlier this season when an overeager Edmunds went the wrong way in being fooled by a fake handoff, or failed to fill a hole along the line of scrimmage.The mistakes were not unexpected, and veteran linebacker Lorenzo Alexander advised Edmunds to slow down and allow himself to read what's happening before reacting."Sometimes because he is so athletic, they'll get him out of position. So he's learned to be more patient," Alexander said. "And now, some of the things that people were attacking him on aren't happening because he's slowing down, and he has the experience to know how people have been attacking him."New England coach Bill Belichick noted the improvement he's seen in Edmunds since the AFC East teams met on Oct. 29."He's big, he's fast, he's getting better every week," Belichick said. "He handles a lot of the higher degree of difficulty plays a lot better than what we saw going into the first game."Bills defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier often has to remind himself of Edmunds' young age."So young at what he's doing, and to see his growth is just incredible White Phillip Dorsett Jerseys ," Frazier said."With his athletic ability, to be able to take the coaching, process it and go back out and not make the same mistake over and over again, he has the chance to be really good down the line."Patriots know they can’t forget about Chiefs running back Kareem Hunt on Sunday It did not take long for Kareem Hunt to make an impact in his first professional game. Going against the defending world champion New England Patriots, the Kansas City Chiefs’ third round rookie delivered what is still the most prolific game of his career – and one of the NFL’s best of 2017: playing on a national stage, in Foxboro, with the Patriots raising their fifth Super Bowl banner, Hunt exploded for a combined 246 yards from scrimmage.Along the way, he scored three touchdowns and instantly became a star even outside of the scope of fantasy football. Fast forward one year: with New England again set to host Kansas City, it would not have been a surprise to see Hunt on the front pages or listed as the player to watch in the upcoming contest. However, that has not been the case so far. Instead Phillip Dorsett Jerseys 2019 , most of the focus has been on other member of the Chiefs’ prolific offense.Second-year quarterback Patrick Mahomes, rightfully so, is the player who gets the lion’s share of the spotlight. Two of his most trusted weapons – tight end Travis Kelce and wide receiver Tyreek Hill – are also frequently mentioned when it comes to pre-game analysis and breaking down the number one scoring offense in the NFL. Hunt, it seems, flies under the radar despite being as important as any of the unit’s other starters.Patriots safety Devin McCourty knows that the he and his teammates can’t sleep on Hunt. “We were one of the first people to see that last year,” the defensive captain answered when asked about the running back potentially getting lost amidst the other potent weapons on the Chiefs offense. “He fumbled the first play and then went on to have a great game against us last year, so we’re fully aware of what he brings,” continued McCourty.This season, Hunt brings his usual mix of versatility from the backfield. The 23-year old carried the football 93 times for 376 yards and four touchdowns, all while also catching five passes for 66 yards and a score. While his 442 yards from scrimmage rank him second on the Chiefs behind only Tyreek Hill, his five total touchdowns are best on the team – ahead of big-name compa帽eros like Hill or Travis Kelce.Yet White Stephon Gilmore Jerseys , Hunt appears to be the forgotten member of the league’s hottest offense – but he is not lost on a Patriots defense that was torched by him on opening day last year. “I think just their whole rushing attack no one talks about because Mahomes leads the league in passing touchdowns, they have so many good receivers and then tight ends,” McCourty said when talking about the prolific running back.“But, we’re fully aware of Hunt,” continued the veteran defender. “Whether it’s running the ball or catching the ball out of the backfield, or how he can hurt you and how hard he runs, not looking to go out of bounds; very aggressive runner.” McCourty’s head coach was also asked about Hunt but his answer did not simply focus on the talented Pro Bowler. Instead Bill Belichick perfectly summed up the Chiefs offense as a whole.“They’re all dangerous,” Belichick said. “You can’t stop one guy in this offense. They’ve got too many guys. The quarterback is a problem. The backs are a problem. The tight ends are a problem. The receivers are a problem. They’re all a problem.” And despite being a bit of a forgotten man in all of this, Kareem Hunt is a big reason why Kansas City’s offense presents the problems it presents.
liny195
Капитан
Капитан

Вернуться в Новичку