www.thejetsclub.com

Если вы новичек в этом увлекательном виде спорта, задавайте вопросы.

www.thejetsclub.com

Сообщение liny195 12 авг 2019, 04:15

FLORHAM PARK Jamal Adams Jerseys Stitched , N.J. (AP) — Todd Bowles has a secret — and he’s not letting on at all.The only thing is, everyone has a pretty good idea what it is.The New York Jets coach won’t say who his starting quarterback will be this season, despite all signs appearing to point to rookie Sam Darnold.“I definitely won’t do it today,” Bowles said Sunday of an official announcement. “Sometime next week … maybe.”Darnold has started New York’s past two preseason games and appears to be the front-runner in the competition that includes incumbent Josh McCown and Teddy Bridgewater. The No. 3 overall draft pick has been solid this summer, impressing coaches and teammates with his decision-making and ability to quickly digest the playbook.“As coaches, we’ll meet on it and keep meeting on it,” Bowles said. “I have my ideas in my head, which I’ll keep to myself at this point.“But, I have a good idea.”Bowles insisted that the decision is not something he’s even struggling with. No lost moments of sleep while juggling his signal callers in his mind.“Not really,” he said. “No.”To anyone watching the Jets throughout training camp and the preseason, it would be a surprise if Darnold isn’t under center when New York opens the regular season at Detroit on Sept. 10. It would seem unlikely that Darnold will get much, if any, time on the field in the preseason finale Thursday night at Philadelphia — the game when starters typically sit out.After missing the first three days of camp while getting his contract hammered out, Darnold quickly caught up to his teammates on the field. He was third in the rotation in the preseason opener against Atlanta, but opened the past two games with the starting offense.Bowles said he has not told any of the players yet who the starting quarterback will be. And that’s OK, as far as Darnold is concerned.“I’m not really going about my day any different than I would,” Darnold said. “I’m still continuing in practice to take advantage of every opportunity I get to play football and to be able to play this position. And, continuing to do my thing and trying to be as consistent as possible and go about it that way.”From a numbers standpoint, Darnold hasn’t necessarily been eye-popping this preseason. He’s 29 of 45 for 244 yards and two touchdowns with one interception.It’s the veteran-like way he has handled situations in the games that has been promising. Darnold has displayed an ability to make plays when the pocket collapses, while also being smart with the football.“I mean, I wouldn’t be disappointed and I wouldn’t be surprised,” Darnold said of the possibility he isn’t named the starter.“Throughout my short career playing football, I’ve seen a lot of things,” he added. “Teddy and Josh are great players, so I wouldn’t be surprised. At the same time, every quarterback wants to play Joe Namath Jersey , but that’s not my job to put the best player out there. That’s Coach’s job. Whether that’s Josh, whether that’s Teddy, whether that’s me, we’re just going to go out there and do the best we can.”Bridgewater has perhaps outplayed Darnold, just based on statistics, going 28 of 38 for 316 yards and two TDs and one interception. But it seems the veteran, who has proven he’s healthy two years after a devastating knee injury, will be a backup — that is, if he’s not traded.“I’m living in the now,” Bridgewater said. “I’m taking advantage of this opportunity I have right now.”Meanwhile, McCown has thrown just one pass, a 4-yard completion, in one series this preseason. It was similar to last summer when the 39-year-old veteran got limited work while the Jets evaluated their young QBs. McCown still ended up being the starter when neither Christian Hackenberg nor Bryce Petty distinguished himself.This year, though, Darnold and Bridgewater have given Bowles and his coaches plenty to consider.“I don’t think it happens in a week,” Bowles said of the decision. “It happens throughout the course of the spring and summer. I’ll always get their opinion. This is not a state-of-the-union-type of thing. I think they have a feel for where I am from a coaching standpoint and you tell the players when you tell the players and kind of go from there.”NOTES: Bowles said WR Jermaine Kearse (abdomen) is considered “day to day, week to week.” It’s uncertain if Kearse, who led the team with 65 catches last season, will be ready for the season opener. … Second-year RB Elijah McGuire (foot) won’t be ready for the start of the regular season and Bowles wouldn’t rule out putting him on short-term IR.How former Jets are faring elsewhere: Preseason Week 3 For many of the former Jets we’ve been keeping tabs on throughout preseason, last week will have been their final chance to establish their role during preseason. However, for others, this is where it starts to get really interesting.Anyone on the bubble is potentially going to get a lot of reps on Thursday night and those that flourish could yet find themselves contributing with their new teams this season.Let’s see who produced in week three:Muhammad Wilkerson - DL, PackersAfter an 85-point shootout in their previous game, the Packers defense was much better this week, as they went to halftime tied at 3-3. Wilkerson played his part as he was in on two run stuffs. However, he didn’t generate any pressure and also had a missed tackle.Demario Davis - LB Womens Curtis Martin Jersey , SaintsDavis was credited with three tackles this week, all of them on short passes as he played into the second half. On one of them, he made the stop short of the marker on third down, but another saw the fullback pick up 11 on 3rd-and-6. Davis also had one missed tackle.Austin Seferian-Jenkins - TE, JaguarsSeferian-Jenkins at last made his first catch of the preseason, when his 14-yarder set up a field goal just before halftime. His only other target was intercepted though. He didn’t make much of an impact as a blocker.Chandler Catanzaro - PK, BucsCatanzaro made three extra points and a 42-yard field goal in the Lions’ come-from-behind win, but missed an extra point wide right. He had four touchbacks on his five kickoffs.Bryce Petty - QB, DolphinsPetty was held out of last week’s game with an oblique injury, as he remains the fourth choice for Miami. He’ll presumably share duties with David Fales on Thursday night.Christian Hackenberg - QB, EaglesHackenberg has yet to see any preseason action with the Eagles, but buckle up because Eagles head coach Doug Pederson has said he will play against the Jets on Thursday night.Jeremy Kerley - WR, BillsKerley had one big play last week, as his only catch was an 18-yarder on 3rd-and-16 in the third quarter. That set up the Bills’ first touchdown. He didn’t get any work on the special teams return units this week.Wesley Johnson - OL, LionsJohnson played center with the second unit and right guard with the third unit this week. Once again, he held up quite well, with no pressure surrendered in pass protection, no penalties and had a good block on Theo Riddick’s 10-yard touchdown run.Kony Ealy - DE, CowboysEaly continues to see action both at end and tackle. He made no impact whatsoever in the most recent game and wasn’t credited with any tackles or pressure.Julian Stanford - LB, BillsStanford didn’t get any defensive reps this week after leaving the game early due to a nose injury, although he did contribute on special teams with a good tackle in punt coverage.Freddie Bishop - OLB, LionsBishop only played three defensive snaps in this game, but made one play, stopping a 3rd-and-long draw play for a short gain.Damore’ea Stringfellow - WR, SeahawksStringfellow saw action last week, but he was not targeted. On special teams http://www.jetslockerroom.com/authentic-joe-klecko-jersey , he had a good block on a punt return that went for a touchdown, only for one of his teammates to be called for a hold on the play.Jojo Natson - WR, RamsNatson made one nice play this week, as he was able to get to the marker on a 3rd-and-10 pass to the outside. He also drew a defensive penalty on one play. His only other target was a third down incompletion. He didn’t make much of an impact on special teams this week, with a 25-yard kickoff return and a fair catch on a punt.Marcus Williams - CB, SaintsWilliams had an extremely eventful second game with the Saints, headlined by his 58-yard interception return for a touchdown. He also disrupted another pass that was also intercepted and returned for a score, but was called for pass interference on that one. Williams had three tackles on defense and another on a special teams play that was negated by a penalty. He had one run stop, but also gave up a first down on a short pass.Robert Nelson - CB, SaintsNelson had a much less eventful game than Williams, as he didn’t record a tackle and was targeted unsuccessfully just once. He did make a tackle on the kickoff coverage unit though.Korren Kirven - OL, CowboysKirven didn’t get any playing time in the latest game, following a rough performance the previous week with the third unit.Bucky Hodges - TE, SteelersHodges hasn’t made the most of his chances in Pittsburgh as he once again wasn’t targeted off the bench in this game and didn’t do anything to impress with his blocking. Somehow his roster chances have improved as Jesse James hurt his back and the injured Vance McDonald suffered a setback.Jeremy Langford - RB, DolphinsLangford got a few touches late in the game last week. His only carry went for two yards, but he also had catches of five, seven and eight yards. The eight-yarder, which would have been a first down, was negated by a penalty.Edmond Robinson - LB, CardinalsRobinson was active this week but didn’t see any action on defense or on special teams.He is not expected to make the final roster.Geoff Gray - OL, BrownsGray got some screen time on “Hard Knocks” last week, but did not see any action on the field as he has only played a couple of special teams plays since the first preseason game.Michael Hunter - CB, BroncosHunter didn’t play for the second game in a row. He had missed the previous game with migraines.Travaris Cadet - RB, BillsCadet had a meaningless 11-yard gain on the last play of the first half but his other three carries netted just one yard. He did score a touchdown though, at the second attempt from the goal line - only to then be stuffed on the two-point conversion. Cadet was also stopped at the 21 on his only kickoff return.Marcus Murphy - RB, BillsMurphy continues to flash as he trends towards winning the third running back role. This week Wesley Walker Jersey , he rushed for a team-high 58 yards on 11 carries, while adding two short catches and two short punt returns. He had another run for 12 yards called back due to a penalty.Anthony Johnson - DL, ColtsJohnson returned to the Colts’ line-up this week and had an excellent performance. He was officially credited with one tackle - on a run stuff in the second quarter - and one quarterback hit, but actually created pressure a number of times on a couple of stunts and also by beating his man on the outside and on an inside move.Will Tye - NE, PatriotsTye saw plenty of action again but was only targeted once, as Tom Brady tried to hit him downfield on third down but the safety broke it up. He also failed to sustain a couple of blocks in the running game.Kalif Raymond - WR, GiantsRaymond’s only target as a receiver was easily broken up downfield by Rashard Robinson, but anyone who watched the Jets’ third preseason game would already know that Raymond made an impact against them with punt returns of 35, 10 and 19 yards. However, Hunter Sharp scored a touchdown, so perhaps Raymond won’t win that role. Would the Jets consider bringing Raymond back after previously having given up on him following his costly muff against the Raiders last year?Jason Vander Laan - TE, PanthersVander Laan didn’t get any playing time for the second week in a row, as he remains out of action. He apparently has a knee injury and is still not practicing yet.Nick Rose, K, TexansThe Jets cut Rose loose before he had a chance to practice with the team. In his first game after having signed with Houston, Rose didn’t fare too well in the Rams’ 21-20 win. He made two extra points and four of his five kickoffs went for touchbacks, but he also missed both of his field goals - a 28-yarder that hit the upright and a 57-yarder as time expired that went wide.Lord Hyeamang - DT, RamsThe undrafted rookie Hyeamang finally saw his first action, although he was only in for one snap as he came in with the goal line defense as the Texans threw an incomplete pass on 2nd-and-3.MiscellaneousS Jeremy Cash is out for the season with a knee injury suffered in the first preseason game;RB Akeem Judd opted to retire last week;DL Claude Pelon signed with Tennessee but then tore his ACL a few days later; andTE Zach Conque signed with Jacksonville but was released in June.Of course there are still several recent departures who aren’t currently with a team, such as Bruce Carter, Courtney Upshaw and Jalin Marshall. We’ll add these to the list if they get a deal.
liny195
Капитан
Капитан

Вернуться в Новичку