Let’s get caught up on your Thursday morning headlines"

Если вы новичек в этом увлекательном виде спорта, задавайте вопросы.

Let’s get caught up on your Thursday morning headlines"

Сообщение liny195 14 авг 2019, 03:26

Good morning Ryan Connelly NFL Draft , New York Giants fans!Pro Day circuit continuesWednesday was Dwayne Haskins Day on the quarterback Pro Day circuit. The Giants, as we know, were out in full force to watch Haskins. Thursday will be Drew Lock’s turn as Missouri holds its Pro Day. Rock M Nation covers Missouri for SB Nation, and Pete Scantlebury, the site’s co-manager, joined the ‘Valentine’s Views’ podcast on Wednesday to tell us about Lock. That segment begins at about the 35-minute mark, after my chat with Carl Banks.Will Grier will also be strutting his stuff Thursday at the West Virginia Pro Day.We will have all the details from both workouts later in the day. Here are all of Thursday’s schedule Pro Days:Azusa Pacific, 11:30 a.m.California, 1 p.m.Gannon, 4 p.m.Grand Valley State, 8 a.m.Louisville, 9 a.m.Massachusetts, 10 a.m.McNeese State, 9:30 a.m.Missouri, 9 a.m.Murray State, 10 a.m.Sam Houston State, 10:15 a.m.South Carolina Ryan Connelly Buffalo Bills Jersey , 8 a.m.Tulane, 1 p.m.West Virginia, 8 a.m.Western Michigan, 1 p.m.Stupar returnsThe Giants on Wednesday announced that reserve linebacker and special teams standout Nathan Stupar will return to the Giants in 2019. Stupar, 31, is a seven-year veteran who played in all 16 games for the Giants last season. He played only 64 defensive snaps. His 338 snaps played on special teams, though, were second on the team to Michael Thomas, who played 347.See our Giants Free Agency Tracker for a complete look at all of the team’s moves so far.More headlinesNFL Draft 2019: Penn State CB Amani Oruwariye set to work out for Giants, Jets - nj.comReport: Browns don't think pick dealt for Odell Beckham will yield 1st-round talentHaskins to meet with Broncos, Raiders, 'Phins, 'Skins - NFL.comWhich NFL Teams Are Biggest Threat to Move Up in 2019 Draft? | Bleacher ReportBBV MailbagHave questions about the Giants? E-mail them to bigblueview@gmail.com, and the best ones will be answered in an upcoming mailbag. Thanks!BBV PodcastYou can find and subscribe to Big Blue View radio from the show’s home page.You can find all the shows on our Big Blue View Radio Hub Page.You can also find the shows and subscribe on all your favorite podcast apps:Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Pocket Casts | Spotify | Stitcher | RSS Notable quotes from the team’s newest players" />Skip to main contentclockmenumore-arrownoyesHorizontal - WhiteBig Blue Viewa New York Giants communityLog In or Sign UpLog InSign UpFanpostsFanshotsSectionsLibraryGiantsOddsAboutMastheadCommunity GuidelinesStubHubMoreAll 322 blogs on Horizontal - WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections New York Giants NewsGiants Training Camp 2016Giants vs. Eagles 2015, Week 17Filed under:New York Giants News2019 NFL DraftMeet your newest Giants: What the team’s Day 3 picks are sayingNew,88commentsNotable quotes from the team’s newest playersEDTShareTweetShareShareMeet your newest Giants: What the team’s Day 3 picks are sayingJulian LoveTrevor Ruszkowski-USA TODAY SportsThe New York Giants selected six players on Saturday, the final day of the 2019 NFL Draft. Here are some of the highlights from each player’s post-draft conference call with New York media.NOTE: You will notice that Kentucky offensive tackle George Asafo-Adjei is not included below. He gets a post of his own.CB Julian LoveOn what he proved at Notre Dame ...“I had a pretty great three years at Notre Dame. I started a lot of games Youth Phil Simms Jerseys , played in all my games. I was healthy, I competed with the best at Notre Dame. So I know I can do a lot of things, so I think that’s what teams saw. I’m excited to showcase that going forward.”On what he does best ...“I think I’m a pretty physical player, I don’t shy away from contact at all. If anything, I show a lot of effort, I’m a smart player and I make plays. That’s what I’ve done my whole life and I’m excited to do that going forward. I’m just going to continue to be a playmaker.”LB Ryan Connelly Connelly told reporters that his mother, who has been undergoing treatment for lung cancer, will have her final treatment next Friday. That is the day the Giants’ rookie mini-camp opens.“Hopefully the checks will be all clear for lung cancer,” he said.On going from college walk-on to NFL player ...“It’s pretty surreal just coming from a high school quarterback, to walking on at Wisconsin, and now getting to play for the New York Football Giants. It’s pretty crazy, and it doesn’t even seem real to me yet.”On how he can help the Giants ...“I’m just really excited to see all my new teammates and get going on this defense, learning the defense. That’s probably going to be the first thing, is figure out everything I need to figure out, just so I can help the team in any way I can.”On playing special teams ...“I played a lot my first two years, and then my last two years, I was on punt and kickoff. That’s definitely something I’m willing to do.” WR Darius Slayton On what he brings to an offense ...“I think my biggest strength is my speed. I’m able to push the field vertically Phil Simms Jerseys Stitched , as well as catch the ball intermediately, and I have ability to go and score. That’s probably some of the biggest things I’ve heard from teams that I hope to be able to bring the Giants. Just help take the top off the defense and help us win games.”On becoming a Giant ...“The phone just went off, and it actually shows up as New Jersey. So, my brain didn’t register New York Giants at first until the coach on the phone said the New York Giants, and I was like, ‘That’s crazy.’ I remember they took the quarterback in the first-round, and obviously have Eli Manning, who has been a really good vet. I feel like they’re going to have good quarterbacks and have had some good receivers over the past few years. Like I said, just hope I can get in there and do my part.” On what he wants to prove ...“Just that I’m a complete player. I think through this process, I was fighting people putting me in a box as just a deep guy, or just a this guy, just a whatever guy. Just to have a complete game – that I can run the full route tree, I can get in and out of breaks, as well as beat you deep with my speed. I think that’s the biggest thing I have to show as soon as I get there.”CB Corey BallentineOn how he ended up at Washburn ...“I wasn’t really highly recruited for football coming out of high school. I was a late bloomer, I was recruited more for track. Washburn was one of my few football offers that believed in me. They believed they could help me grow and get better as a player. I met with the coaches and I figured it being close to home and I was comfortable with my coaches and teammates, it would be the best option for me. That’s why I chose it over other schools. I had a couple other D2 offers but I figured Washburn was the best one out of the other offers.”On the roles he can play in the secondary ...“I used to play free [safety] when I was in high school. I got recruited to Washburn as a corner. When I started playing, I started as a down safety in our defense Youth Doug Kotar Jerseys , so kind of like nickel. I played nickel for two years then I played corner in 2017 and 2018. I’m comfortable playing both positions inside and outside. I don’t have a problem with either.”On the importance of participating in the Senior Bowl ...“It was definitely very important for me. I’ve always felt like I could compete with that type of competition as far as being with those D1 guys. This was kind of like my first real opportunity and I think I went out there and I did well. My real goal was just to improve every day. I knew I wasn’t going to go out there and immediately just lock everyone down, but as long as I was growing mentally and growing physically and getting my technique better, I felt like that was more important. “I ended up starting the game, so I felt like someone was seeing the improvements I was making as well. It was definitely important, kind of an eye opener for me because there is a lot of things I haven’t seen as far as routes, route combinations that I haven’t seen in Division II. When I got to the practices and one on ones and stuff, I saw that for the first time. It kind of opened my eyes and let me know I need to be more on my p’s and q’s. There are certain things I can get away with in Division II football that I can’t get away with there or in the NFL. I am definitely prepared for the challenge, but I’m glad I went there. I am definitely grateful for the opportunity.”On getting the call from the Giants ...“It was surreal, I’m sure you have heard it a lot, but this is something I have always dreamed of. It took me back to the moment when I got recruited to college and I told my coaches this is something I wanted to do, I wanted to go to the NFL. We were all kind of giggling and here the moment is, I’m getting the call from the New York Giants. It’s just surreal because I didn’t know how I was going to do it, I know I wanted to do it, I just didn’t know how. Now that the moment is here, I’m trying to soak it in really. I worked so long to prepare for this moment, going to the combine and the Senior Bowl not knowing what my future was holding. Now I’m finally getting to figure out my destination. I’m really just trying to soak in the moment. I have already talked to the head coach and the defensive coordinator and my position coach. I’m definitely getting a feel for them already. I’m enjoying the ride already.” DT Chris Slayton On what he brings to the Giants ...“Just a strong work ethic. I love to compete. I’m a high competitor.”
liny195
Капитан
Капитан

Вернуться в Новичку