Let’s answer a few last-minute questions

Если вы новичек в этом увлекательном виде спорта, задавайте вопросы.

Let’s answer a few last-minute questions

Сообщение liny195 16 сен 2019, 03:51

"WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections New York Giants NewsGiants Training Camp 2016Giants vs. Eagles 2015 Youth Odell Beckham Jerseys , Week 17New York Giants NewsBig Blue View mailbag: Draft day editionNew,43commentsLet’s answer a few last-minute questionsEDTShareTweetShareShareBig Blue View mailbag: Draft day editionThere are still, as I type this, a few hours before the 2019 NFL Draft gets underway. I have received a few stray questions for the BBV Mailbag that won’t be valid post-draft, so to kill some time let’s do an abbreviated mailbag.Billy McAdams asks: What will happen if Dave Gettleman does a terrible job in this draft? He seems to be pretty cocky with his latest comments. Please don’t tell me look at last years draft ... Anyone with half a brain would have grabbed Barkley, and Hernandez ... so far this year he has made a lot of people scratching there heads ... well to the point where people who had hair don’t anymore ... my goodness Collins , OBJ ????? Anyway if he flops will he keep his job?Ed says: Bill, I sympathize about the hair. If you’re like me, at least no matter what happens tonight you don’t have hair to pull out. Anyway, listen Gettleman’s job is not on the line tonight. I know we all rush to judgment, and we will Odell Beckham Jerseys Stitched , but the general rule of thumb is that it takes three seasons to really know how good a draft class is. So, how will we really know immediately how good of a job Gettleman does, or doesn’t do? I have written multiple times that this is a critical draft for the Giants. Despite Gettleman telling me he does not feel any added pressure, he understands the opportunity he has here. He created it by stocking up with 12 draft picks, two in the first round. He knows he needs to find some difference-making talent, and he knows he needs to be right no matter what he decided to do about quarterback.John Mara isn’t going to wake up Monday after the draft, decide he didn’t like what Gettleman did, and fire him. To be honest, I have always figured that Gettleman and Pat Shurmur would be given at least three seasons to get the Giants straightened out. As of now, I don’t see any reason to change that viewpoint.Seth Weissman asks: Why do you think so many people are saying that the Giants must draft a QB this year or Gettleman will have failed as a GM? I have not heard anything about the Chargers or the Steelers needing to draft a QB. Do people think Eli has regressed so much more than Rivers or Roethlisberger that the Giants are doomed to fail while the other franchises will be just fine? It doesn’t quite make sense to me.Ed says: Seth, I think that is a two-fold answer. I think Giants fans are tired of the losing Color Rush Ryan Connelly Jersey , having missed the playoffs six of seven seasons. I think quarterbacks always get too much blame, and there have always been people who didn’t believe in Eli Manning even when he was winning Super Bowl MVPs. Something new sounds good, it changes the narrative, it would give down-trodden fans something to be hopeful about.All of that said, if the Giants don’t love a guy in this class and they do love one or two in the 2020 class — something I think is absolutely possible — then you wait. Remember, rookie quarterbacks drafted in the first round are often getting on the field in their first seasons. So, the whole “Kansas City Model” isn’t a mandate.Dan Nugent asks: Do you think Gettleman and the Giants have lost all faith in Kyle Lauletta over his arrest and being late to practice? Also where do you thing Lauletta would rank in comparison to this years draft class? If he was in it this year, would the Giants still take him in the 4th round?Ed says: No, Dan, I don’t think the Giants have lost “all” faith in Lauletta. If that was the case they would have cut him. That said, I do think Lauletta’s rookie season wasn’t ideal. Gettleman has said a number of times that being the quarterback for the Giants is about more than physical skills Youth Ryan Connelly Jersey , and Lauletta’s arrest and the possibility that it might not have been an isolated incident makes you wonder if he is a guy you can hand the keys to your franchise. As for where Lauletta would fit in this draft class, I really don’t know. I would anticipate he would still be a Day 3 selection. New York clears $5 million in cap space ahead of the draft"WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections New York Giants NewsGiants Training Camp 2016Giants vs. Eagles 2015, Week 17New York Giants NewsGiants restructure guard Kevin Zeitler’s contractNew,115commentsNew York clears $5 million in cap space ahead of the draftEDTShareTweetShareShareGiants restructure guard Kevin Zeitler’s contractShanna Lockwood-USA TODAY SportsThe New York Giants, in need of some cap space ahead of this weekend’s NFL draft, turned to newly acquired guard Kevin Zeitler, who had a $10 million cap hit scheduled for this year, for some help.According to Field Yates of ESPN, the Giants converted $7.5 million of Zeitler’s $10 million base salary into a prorated signing bonus. The move lowers Zeitler’s 2019 base salary to $2.5 million with a $2.5 million of his now converted base pushing his total 2019 cap hit to $5 million.Overall, the move clears $5 million off the 2019 Giants cap. New York, who had recently dipped to under $9 million in space following a flurry of moves Womens Ryan Connelly Jersey , now has $14.555 million in cap space, per the NFLPA web site. That should be plenty of money to get their upcoming draft class signed and to add a post-draft veteran free agent or two, if they so choose.When a player is traded to another team, his old team absorbs whatever money is left as part of the contract’s original prorated signing bonus in the form of dead money. That means that the Browns absorbed the remaining $12 million of Zeitler’s signing bonus after trading him to the Giants in exchange for edge rusher Olivier Vernon last month.By restructuring Zeitler’s contract, the Giants have added $2.5 million per year in 2020 and 2021, making Zeitler’s new cap numbers $12.5 million in 2020 (from $10 million) and $14.5 million in 2021 (from $12 million) but those bumps are modest.Per Over the Cap, the Giants 2019 rookie draft salary pool is estimated at $13.798 million. However, with the Top 51 cap rule currently in place through the end of the preseason, as rookies are signed, they will likely knock some of the lower priced veterans on the back end of the Top 51 out of the equation.For example, if a rookie has a $1 million cap hit Authentic Ryan Connelly Jersey , he would bump a player who has a $600,000 cap hit, meaning the next change in the cap space is only $400,000.According to NFL salary cap rules, all signing bonuses given to draft picks count against the cap in their prorated form.
liny195
Капитан
Капитан

Вернуться в Новичку