www.49ersjerseysproshop.com

Если вы новичек в этом увлекательном виде спорта, задавайте вопросы.

www.49ersjerseysproshop.com

Сообщение liny195 08 окт 2019, 04:56

SANTA CLARA Tevin Coleman Jersey , Calif. (AP)Early in his rookie season, Solomon Thomas felt the pressure of being the No. 3 overall pick, knowing 49ers fans were expecting the defensive lineman to post big numbers for a team needing to upgrade its pass rush. But as Thomas’ first season winds down, with the 49ers’ finale coming Sunday against the Rams, he’s encouraged by his development, even if he has just three sacks. ”I just calmed down and focused on playing football and having fun,” Thomas said. ”And it’s just part of the process of being a rookie, understanding the pressure of the mental game. I’ve grown a lot, and (I’m) just going to continue to grow into the second year.” Thomas has been asked to play nearly every position on the defensive line, which requires different techniques in coordinator Robert Saleh’s 4-3 scheme he implemented after being hired last February. Thomas played in a 3-4 scheme up the road at Stanford, where he lined up mainly on the inside as a defensive tackle. With the 49ers, he has transitioned outside, where he’s forced to set the edge in the running game and get after quarterbacks. His three sacks are tied for 70th in the NFL among defensive linemen. But Thomas had one of his best games last week in the victory over the Jaguars, which has the coaching staff encouraged as he heads into his first full offseason as a pro. Thomas had six combined tackles and a shoestring sack of Blake Bortles – while the defense limited the league’s top-ranked rushing attack to just 92 yards and 3.3 yards per carry. ”He affected the game in the pass game and the run game, ran to the ball real hard,” coach Kyle Shanahan said. ”Just like most rookies, I think he’s been up and down throughout the year. … I think these last three weeks he’s gotten better each week and put together his best game last week and hopefully he finishes with his best game of the year this week.” A knee injury in the middle of the season stalled Thomas’ development. He suffered it in the second half of the dreary 33-10 loss to Philadelphia in Week 8. He missed the following two games and had a bye to continue recovering. ”I hate to give him a loser’s lump or anything, but I think he’s really starting to recover from that injury that he suffered earlier in the year and we’re really starting to see what we saw in the first half of the season,” Saleh said. Having a full offseason in San Francisco’s system should help Thomas improve heading into his second season. He lamented about preparation for the draft last spring Dante Pettis Jersey , where he had to focus on agility drills rather than playing the game. ”Gaining chemistry with these guys in the offseason, not worrying about the draft, the combine – aka the 40 (yard dash) … that’ll be nice to worry about just football,” Thomas said. — He dropped a spot from last year’s ranking, but Kyle Shanahan stillmakes the first half of head coaches."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections 49ers Salary CapLevi’s Stadium Events49ers Transactions49ers Injury News49ers Press Conferences & Conference CallsRotoworld head coach rankings ask if Kyle Shanahan can find “it”New,48commentsHe dropped a spot from last year’s ranking, but Kyle Shanahan stillmakes the first half of head coaches. PDTShareTweetShareShareRotoworld head coach rankings ask if Kyle Shanahan can find “it”The San Francisco 49ers were thought to be having a big push in 2018 with the rise of Jimmy Garoppolo and their strong 2017 finish. That didn’t exactly happen. They lost Jerick McKinnon before the season started and Garoppolo three weeks into it. At the end, the 49ers were holding on trying to get out of the season with as few IR-designations as possible. But now we’re in March and it’s time to see how Kyle Shanahan ranks as a head coach. Rotoworld columnist Patrick Daugherty did his yearly rankings and this year Shanahan goes back one spot from 14 to 15. The top five were Bill Belichick, Andy Reid, Sean McVay, Doug Pederson and Pete Carroll. Here’s what Daugherty said about Shanahan: I think that sums everything up. Honestly, 15 seems pretty generous given some of the things that happened this season. I do think Shanahan is the answer and was dealt an awful roster as opposed to how Jim Harbaugh had success immediately when he arrived or Sean McVay with the Los Angeles Rams. This was put together on March 7. The 49ers had not yet gone into the free agency madness where they acquired LB Kwon Alexander, edge rusher Dee Ford, and WR Jordan Matthews. It remains to be seen how all this works and if it can have the defense get an upgrade and actually finish a game (something they couldn’t do in 2018). How do you think Shanahan ranks on this list? If the 49ers have another season like 2018, how far do you think he falls? While 2018 was something beyond anyone’s control, if the 49ers have another season like this, no front office/coaching staff is going to be able to keep fronting excuses.
liny195
Капитан
Капитан

Вернуться в Новичку