/www.thegiantsfansclub.com/

Если вы новичек в этом увлекательном виде спорта, задавайте вопросы.

/www.thegiantsfansclub.com/

Сообщение liny195 14 окт 2019, 03:57

EAST RUTHERFORD Christopher Slayton Jersey Boys , N.J. (AP) — Saquon Barkley has no problem watching preseason games from the sidelines, if that’s what New York Giants coach Pat Shurmur wants.While in uniform, the NFL offensive rookie of the year last season was a spectator and cheerleader for the Giants’ 31-22 victory over the Jets on Thursday.Speaking to the media Monday after practice, Barkley shrugged off his role as a non-participant. He is getting a lot of work every day in practice. He’s been a halfback long enough to know how to run the ball. And he certainly doesn’t need to get hit to get ready for the season opener at Dallas on Sept. 8.If last season is any indication, the second pick overall is going to be hit around 400 times this season. He carried the ball 261 times for 1,307 yards and was targeted for passes 121 times, catching 91. That’s 382 times he was a target and doesn’t take into account either the times he has to block or when he is hit while carrying out a fake.Still, Barkley would not object to playing in the preseason.“If you know anything about me, or if you ask my teammates, I love the game of football,” the Penn State product said. “Any opportunity that you get to play. Every single day we stop, and we mention, especially in the RB group, how big of a blessing it is to come out here and play the sport that you love.”Barkley spoke to Shurmur after being told he was not going to play in the opener and was told there is a plan. Neither he nor Shurmur discussed it.“I’ll let it reveal itself Youth Eli Manning Jerseys ,” Shurmur said.Barkley missed most of preseason last year after straining a hamstring in the opener.“Do I think I need it? I think it depends on the player,” Barkley said. “Every year is different. Am I ready if I have to? Yes, my mindset every week is to prepare to get ready to go out there and compete at a high level for my team, no matter if it’s one snap, two series, one quarter or if I don’t play. If I don’t play, I stay locked in and try to be the leader that I can to keep the energy and the vibes good on the sideline.”Barkley showed his energy level on Thursday running down the sideline to congratulate rookie quarterback Daniel Jones and receiver Bennie Fowler after a touchdown pass.Barkley laughed at the idea he needs to get hit to be ready for the season.“Yeah, I don’t think anyone needs to be hit. I think if everyone could choose not to get hit until Week 1 they would choose that,” he said. “But you are right, some people like to get that first contact, like to get that first hit. But for me, I’m the type of player that no matter if it is preseason, playoffs or the regular season, once that first play goes and I get hit Eli Manning Jerseys Stitched , I’m fine.”The Giants have had Barkley lined up as somewhat of a wide receiver on some plays recently. The hope is to match him against a linebacker or safety in open space.It would be an interesting wrinkle this season, with Odell Beckham Jr. now playing in Cleveland.However, Barkley is a running back first.Second-year left guard Will Hernandez said the line is going to do its job whether Barkley is carrying the ball or it’s Wayne Gallman, Paul Perkins or any other back.“We always come out and we give it our all, it doesn’t matter what back we’ve got back there,” Hernandez said. “Obviously, Saquon makes things a little bit easier sometimes.”NOTES: CB DeAndre Baker is being listed as day-to-day with a sprained left knee. He was hurt in a non-contract drill Sunday. … CB Sam Beal is making progress coming back from a hamstring injury. He is day-to-day. … Rookie WR Darius Slayton practiced fully for the first time since sustaining a hamstring injury three weeks ago. … WR Amba Etta-Tawo tore an Achilles tendon in practice Monday. … Shurmur fell over his bulldog walking out the house and has a scrape on the left side of his face. As the process nears a conclusion it is hard to know what to believe"WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections New York Giants NewsGiants Training Camp 2016Giants vs. Eagles 2015, Week 172019 NFL DraftSmokescreens and lies: NFL teams are trying to make sure we don’t know anythingNew,42commentsAs the process nears a conclusion it is hard to know what to believeEDTShareTweetShareShareSmokescreens and lies: NFL teams are trying to make sure we don’t know anythingThis is a very interesting few weeks of the year in the NFL. The first few waves of free agency have come and gone, but we still see a straggler free agent signing here and there. There will be another wave for currently unemployed veterans after the draft and going into training camp. Also more players will be getting released for salary cap reasons, particularly if that team added help at that position via the draft. A big thing also happening right now is draft visits. The list of names visiting each team is of public record. In many of these cases, NFL teams need to find out more information on a player. That very well could be medical on a player that is recovering from injury. It has been some time since the Combine and recovering players certainly should be further along now in their rehab. Speaking of the Combine, those visits with players often aren’t enough for teams to really get a feel for a young man. So, they bring the player into their building and spend the day together to see if he is a fit. The prospect can spend substantial time with the position coach as well as the coordinator. They will spend time on the white board as well as eating meals and just getting a better feel for the demeanor and makeup of the draftable player. Usually you can learn a thing or two by studying a team’s list of incoming visits. But Youth Odell Beckham Jerseys , then again, this is the time of the year for lies and smokescreens, so don’t take those lists as gospel. Lies and smokescreensSpeaking of lies and smokescreens, as well as “Coach Speak,” the NFL lies to us all the time. The only true time when NFL teams tell you exactly what they think of their team and roster is in free agency and in the draft. It often takes a trained eye to “Read the tea leaves” and figure out exactly why these teams make the moves they make, but those two events are the only true time you can really trust what comes out of each building. Right now is a brutal time for reporters. Even their most trusted sources could be feeding reporters mistruths. And, frankly, even at this point, these teams don’t necessarily know yet whom they will be selecting. Their draft boards are not yet finalized and in some organizations, only a few decision makers have a strong idea of the direction a team will be going. Here is what is going on in these buildings, although it does differ some team to team. But the basics are as follows. Day after day, the scouts, respective position coaches, coordinators Odell Beckham Jerseys Stitched , head coach, general manager and several others will build horizontal rankings per position. Although some team’s area scouts are just “Data Collectors,” usually the area scout presents each player first and those that did cross checks, including the position coach, read their reports on the player and give their insights with how he might fit in with the team. There of course are arguments and battles as well as overwhelming agreements, but when it is all said and done a ranking for each position is finalized in vertical rows. Again, we must remember that these are specific to what each team is looking for. This goes for team needs, scheme fits, character and much more. Then the top decision makers have to build their horizontal draft board. This is more difficult. By now, they know that they like Cornerback A more than Cornerback B, but do they prefer Cornerback B more so than Offensive Tackle F? This can be tricky, of course. Picture a spreadsheet with positional headings across the top row and lets put it in context with the Giants. It is widely known that this isn’t a great running back draft at the very top, although Joshua Jacobs is an excellent prospect nonetheless. So this is hypothetical of course, but New York very well could have Jacobs with a good grade and atop their running back column. But when looking to left and right of the running back column Color Rush Ryan Connelly Jersey , there might be many names higher up on the board than Jacobs. Obviously, having Saquon Barkley has a lot to do with this, but even if New York adores Jacobs as a prospect, he doesn’t stack up well on their horizontal board against other top players at their positions. One other important note here is that NFL teams have far fewer names on their big boards than you might imagine. 150 names is actually a lot and some teams might slim down to just over 100. That might sound foolhardy, but it is a tried and true approach because again, these boards are just so team specific. In a nutshell, NFL buildings are on lockdown right now and what sneaks out is very hard to trust as their draft boards are still getting sorted out and are highly secretive. But what you can be assured of is that no stone is unturned. There is a lot going on behind the scenes and this is one of the very most important times of the year, even if the news cycle is slow. Matt Williamson is a former NFL and college scout. He has written for ESPN and is currently host of the Locked On NFL podcast.
liny195
Капитан
Капитан

Вернуться в Новичку