/www.thegiantsfansclub.com/

Если вы новичек в этом увлекательном виде спорта, задавайте вопросы.

/www.thegiantsfansclub.com/

Сообщение liny195 17 окт 2019, 07:54

It’s not yet time for a final grade Youth Lorenzo Carter Jerseys , but it’s fair to begin keeping score" />Skip to main contentclockmenumore-arrownoyesHorizontal - WhiteBig Blue Viewa New York Giants communityLog In or Sign UpLog InSign UpFanpostsFanshotsSectionsLibraryGiantsOddsAboutMastheadCommunity GuidelinesStubHubMoreAll 322 blogs on Horizontal - WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections New York Giants NewsGiants Training Camp 2016Giants vs. Eagles 2015, Week 17Filed under:New York Giants NewsValentine’s Views: The Giants are now clearly Dave Gettleman’s teamNew,254commentsIt’s not yet time for a final grade, but it’s fair to begin keeping scoreEDTShareTweetShareShareValentine’s Views: The Giants are now clearly Dave Gettleman’s teamBrian Spurlock-USA TODAY SportsI am often asked to put a grade on or otherwise judge the work done to date by New York Giants general manager Dave Gettleman.Anyone who reads my work or listens to the ‘Valentine’s Views’ podcast regularly knows that my chosen stance has been to defer — to say that we don’t yet have enough evidence to judge whether Gettleman was the right choice as general manager for the Giants.That remains my view. Just Saturday, in fact, I defended Gettleman when I felt a reader had asked a misguided and misinformed question in our weekly mailbag. But ... yes, it’s time for there to be a “but.”It’s time to begin keeping score.Gettleman has now been in charge of two full offseason cycles. He has had two full drafts. The roster that will represent the Giants in 2019 is his.I have long maintained that Jerry Reese created the mess the Giants have been in for the past few years. He dug the hole. Tom Coughlin and Ben McAdoo didn’t dig the hole. Gettleman didn’t dig the hole. Eli Manning, despite what some would like you to believe, didn’t dig the hole. He fell into it.Gettleman was hired to pick up Reese’s crumbled pieces and put the Giants back together again. We are far enough into this process now that once the games begin this fall it will be fair to begin passing judgment.Reese’s pieces are gone.Few remnants of the Reese era remain.Odell Beckham Jr., Olivier Vernon, Damon Harrison, Landon Collins, Eli Apple, Ereck Flowers, Justin Pugh, Weston Richburg, Bobby Hart and others brought in by Reese are just memories. Zak DeOssie, the Giants’ Jurassic snapper, is still around. Janoris Jenkins has somehow survived the roster upheaval. Only a handful of Reese draft picks — Evan Engram Lorenzo Carter Jerseys Stitched , Sterling Shepard, Dalvin Tomlinson, Wayne Gallman, Paul Perkins, B.J. Goodson, Avery Moss — have a chance to be Giants when the 2019 season opens. Not all of those guys are going to make the season-opening 53-man roster.The Giants are now Getty’s GuysGettleman has the head coach who came in with him, and whose hiring he approved of.He has the future franchise quarterback everyone knew he would have to draft, and whose success or failure his legacy as Giants’ GM will forever be linked to. He got that quarterback not from the historic 2018 class or the said-to-be-loaded 2020 class, but by falling in “full bloom love” with one from what analysts believe to be a weaker 2019 class. “In three years we’ll find out how crazy I am,” is what Gettleman told Peter King about the backlash from his selection of Jones.devalues the running back position and says you can’t be successful that way.We will know if he was right to put his faith in Eli Manning, or if doing so just delayed the inevitable transition and set the Giants back.We will know if Gettleman was right to ship Beckham — and Vernon — Cleveland. We will know if he was right to stiff-arm Collins and let him go to the NFC East rival Washington Redskins.We will know if his draft choices have been right.We will know if, as Diamond said, he has made more right decisions than wrong ones — enough to get the Giants back to being a good football team.So, no, you can’t yet give Gettleman a final grade. Not even close. You can, though, begin to keep score.About Landon Collins and Josh NormanYou probably noticed this week that ex-Giant Landon Collins and ex-Panther Josh Norman, now members of the Redskins, each said that Gettleman had basically done their new team a favor this offseason. You may have also noticed that we didn’t rush to make headlines of those claims here at Big Blue View.Collins said the Redskins “stole the best quarterback” in the draft thanks to Gettleman drafting Jones and leaving them Haskins. Norman said Gettleman is “winning for” the Redskins with his decisions.They both might end up being right Youth B.J. Hill Jerseys , but their comments are also predictable. Neither is a Gettleman fan as both are in Washington because Gettleman decided not to pay them the big-money deals they sought — and got from the Redskins. I just can’t get all fired up about them.Tweets of the weekMaking a difference in people’s lives — not winning and losing football games — is what is truly important. Here are a few examples of people doing that:This next one has nothing to do with the Giants. It deserves, though, to be shared.Giants news, 9/25: Kerry Wynn’s world, offensive line improvements, more Good morning, New York Giants fans! Here are some headlines to get your Tuesday started.Kerry Wynn making things happenDefensive end Kerry Wynn had one of the best games of his career on Sunday with 5 tackles, a pass defensed and a critical forced fumble that led to a turnover.“I try to make sure I’m always around the ball. When you’re around the ball, good things tend to happen,” Wynn said.” Just running around and trying to make stuff happen. I’m having fun with the defense. I love it so far.”“Comparison is a waste of time”That was Giants offensive tackle Nate Solder when he was asked on Monday to compare rookie running back Saquon Barkley to other players he has been around.“I think Saquon’s just unique and a very talented guy and obviously a great teammate and so to have guys like that to make up for a lot of the things we might screw up and make big plays regardless of that, despite that,” Solder said. “If we can continue to solidify what we’re doing, get better at what we’re doing and just be a more cohesive unit, I think that will really help us in the future.”Solder: Line still has to improveAsked about the play of veteran center John Greco in Sunday’s game, Solder spoke about the offensive line as a whole.“We have a lot to work on and I think he [Greco] did an excellent job. I thought that his communication was very clear and he understands the offense as well as anybody, so to get that communicated across the board, but we weren’t perfect and we need to be a lot better and that’s not John, that’s all of us and we can’t make excuses because it was loud or because we did something different or whatever, we have to continue to work hard to be as efficient as possible B.J. Hill Jerseys Stitched ,” Solder said.Around the Inter-GoogleEli Manning on Giants' First Win: 'I'm Proud Of The Team' | WFAN Sports Radio 66AM 101.9FMEli Manning and the Giants offense came alive in Week 3, defeating the Texans 27-22 for their first win of the season. The Giants improved to 1-2 with a win that they badly needed to avoid an 0-3 start.NFL free agents: Best players available through Week 3 | Ex-Cowboys WR Dez Bryant, ex-49ers DB Eric Reid, more | NJ.comThe NFL free agent market has cooled off as the season continues, but there are still some intriguing available players, including ex-Dallas Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant, former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick and ex-49ers safety Eric Reid.Giants studs and duds from victory over Houston Texans | Odell Beckham, Saquon Barkley, Eli Manning, Nate Solder, more | NJ.comThe New York Giants beat the Houston Texans, 27-22, in a Week 3 NFL football game on Sunday, September 23, 2018 (9/23/18) at NRG Stadium in Houston, Texas. Behind quarterback Eli Manning's two touchdown passes, running back Saquon Barkley's TD run and wide receiver Odell Beckham's 109 yards receiving, the Giants (1-2) won their first game of the season.
liny195
Капитан
Капитан

Вернуться в Новичку