INDIANAPOLIS — Indianapolis Colts linebacker Darius Leonard

Если вы новичек в этом увлекательном виде спорта, задавайте вопросы.

INDIANAPOLIS — Indianapolis Colts linebacker Darius Leonard

Сообщение liny195 25 ноя 2019, 03:45

was disappointed when his name didn’t appear on the AFC’s Pro Bowl roster Tuesday night.Now the league’s leading tackler intends to make all future opponents pay for the perceived snub.“He told me he’d have 40 tackles this week Sterling Shepard Jerseys Stitched , and I told him that’s humanly impossible,” tight end Eric Ebron said Wednesday.But if the Colts (8-6) have learned anything about their star rookie, it’s not to discount anything he says.When South Carolina State played Clemson in 2016, Leonard had 19 tackles against the eventual national champs and his childhood favorite, which never offered him a scholarship. His performance that day earned him the nickname “Maniac” around campus, a nickname he still clings to, and put him on the radar of Colts general manager Chris Ballard.Throughout the draft process, he heard from the critics again. This time they were questioning the level of competition he faced in college; how long it would take to make the transition from FCS to the NFL; and whether Ballard reached when he took Leonard at No. 36 overall, four picks into the second round, in April.Others questioned whether missing all of the Colts’ spring and summer workouts because of a bad hamstring would slow him down this season.Leonard has proved all of them wrong.Despite missing one game, at New England, he continues to lead the league with 146 tackles and needs 15 over the final two games to break Jeff Herrod’s single-season franchise record (160), a mark that has stood since 1991. And if Leonard’s play matches the hype Dexter Lawrence New York Giants Jersey , Herrod’s record could go down Sunday against the New York Giants (5-9).“It adds more fuel to the fire,” Leonard said when asked about missing the Pro Bowl. “It gives me more reason to go out and keep fighting. With everything I did and knowing it’s still not enough, I’ve got to put more on my resume.”Leonard views it as more of a promise than a warning and it fits his personality.While he revels in the underdog role, he routinely plays with a chip on his shoulder and continually sets his standards high. His goal each week is to get 25 tackles and he’s finished in double digits in seven of the Colts’ 14 games. He’s tied with Carolina’s Luke Kuechly for the most games with 10 or more tackles this season.But what the Colts have found in Leonard is much more than a tackling machine.His seven sacks are third-most100<button class="view-gallery">View Gallery</button> Gallery:View from the sidelines: NFL cheerleaders 2018Raj Mehta-USA TODAY Sports | Raj Mehtaby a Colts rookie, trailing only Dwight Freeney (13) and Vernon Maxwell (7). Dee Ford, Khalil Mack and J.J. Watt — all Pro Bowlers — are the only players this season to force more fumbles than Leonard (4). He also has 12 tackles for loss, six passes defensed and two fumble recoveries.Andrew Luck spotted the potential almost from the first moment Leonard suited up for Indy. At the first training camp practice, Leonard made a leaping, acrobatic interception of the three-time Pro Bowl quarterback.“I’ll be honest, the first couple of training camp practices I said ‘My goodness, he’s not supposed to be that fast and play linebacker,'” Luck recalled. “And then he went up for that interception and came down with it, and I just said ‘My goodness.'”Luck appreciates that he won’t have to contend with Leonard in a meaningful game. The rest of the league won’t be as fortunate.“I want to go out there every week and make every tackle Cheap Dexter Lawrence Jersey ,” Leonard said. “I like to set a crazy goal, so each week if it’s not 25 (tackles), I’m mad at myself.” Oshane Ximines should be an early contributor in the Giants’ subpackages"WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections New York Giants NewsGiants Training Camp 2016Giants vs. Eagles 2015, Week 17New York Giants News2019 NFL DraftWhat does Oshane Ximines bring to the Giants’ defense?New,33commentsOshane Ximines should be an early contributor in the Giants’ subpackagesEDTShareTweetShareShareWhat does Oshane Ximines bring to the Giants’ defense?Ray Carlin-USA TODAY SportsThe New York Giants desperately needed help at the defensive EDGE position, and that was before they traded away Olivier Vernon. Early in the 2018 season, while Vernon was still recovering from a freak ankle injury suffered in practice during the preseason, the Giants fielded one of the very worst pass rushes in the NFL. With Vernon now gone for good, the Giants are hoping for Lorenzo Carter to develop and unleash his formidable athletic ability and that Markus Golden will be able to fully recover from his torn ACL and show that his 2016 production wasn’t a fluke. But even if both of those work out in the Giants’ favor, they still need more pass rushers and more depth aat the defensive EDGE position. The Giants passed up elite EDGE prospects at the top of the draft, but after a four-hour wait on Day 2 they selected Oshane Ximines out of Old Dominion. Let’s take a closer look at the Queens native and see what the first player ever drafted out of ODU can bring to the Giants’ defense.MeasurablesProsShows very good hand usage. Consistently uses his hands to keep blockers from locking in. Has a variety of pass rush moves. Good pop for a modestly sized EDGE.Experience rushing from a two or three-point stance. Rushed from the interior or as stand-up interior blitzer on nickel downs. Sets a firm edge in the run game. High motor player who gives maximum effort on every play. Multiple time team captain and reportedly a high-character young man.ConsFirst step isn’t sudden and shows some wasted motion. Shows some lower-body stiffness that limits him as a speed rusher. Has a strong tendency to lose track of the football on play-action and option plays. Doesn’t have great length, and his size limits him in certain situations.Frame appears close to maxed out. Numbers of note(Per Sports Info Solutions Rookie Handbook)Ximines started 48 of 49 games for Old Dominion. The lone game he didn’t start was Senior Day in 2016. Ximines’ broken tackle rate dropped from 10.4 percent in 2016 to 4.8 percent by 2018, while his tackle share and pressure share rose each year.Rushed on 91.9 percent of his snaps Womens Dexter Lawrence Jersey , and played 78.6 percent of his snaps in a 3-point stance. Had a pressure rate of 14.4 percent in 2018, with 11.5 sacks, 18 QB hits, 8 knockdowns, 31 hurries, and 46 pressures. Prospect VideoWhat They’re Saying - Joe Marino (The Draft Network - Scouting Report) Does He Fit The Giants?Ximines (or X-Man, as Pat Shurmur called him), should be a solid fit as a rotational piece in James Bettcher’s multiple defense. He has the versatility to rush as a defensive end or as a linebacker, from both inside and outside alignments, depending on down, distance, and subpackage. Ximines is an average athlete, but compensates for it with good Men Dexter Lawrence Jersey , active hands and a variety of pass rush moves to keep blockers from being able to lock in on his chest plate and gain leverage. His first step could probably be best described as “okay” at the moment — it isn’t bad, but it also isn’t a strength. He shows some wasted motion off the snap, particularly out of a three-point stance. He will be a more effective rusher at the NFL level if he is able to generate more explosive power and push off without losing energy along the way.As a 6-foot-3, 253-pound EDGE rusher, Ximines would typically expected to be a speed rusher, but between his first step and some lower body (hips and ankle) stiffness, he is forced to be more of a power rusher. Ximines has built his game around that, favoring both a straight bull-rush and a long-arm move to take advantage of his upper body strength and natural leverage. He does have an effective arm-over move as a speed counter for when tackles are expecting his power moves. All told, Ximines is a high-floor player who should be a good locker room presence and slot in fairly early as a rotational piece and a regular feature in third down packages. His athletic limitations might keep him from being a high-ceiling player, but even a steady contributor is still useful.
liny195
Капитан
Капитан

Вернуться в Новичку