Hosts New Jersey on Saturday

Если вы новичек в этом увлекательном виде спорта, задавайте вопросы.

Hosts New Jersey on Saturday

Сообщение officialsbaseball 10 дек 2018, 03:50

RALEIGH Womens Esa Lindell Jersey , N.C. (AP) Two more goals for Patrik Laine. Two more points in the standings for the Winnipeg Jets.Laine scored twice for the second straight game and extended his points streak to eight in the Jets’ 3-2 victory over the Carolina Hurricanes on Sunday night.Laine had his third multi-goal game in the last four games and has seven multi-point nights during his streak. He has 10 goals and six assists in the eight-game stretch, and 35 goals overall.”I think I just tried to work hard every shift, and I think when you work hard you’re going to get rewarded,” Laine said. ”I’ve been working really hard and now I’m just getting rewarded. Things are going great.”Paul Stastny had a goal and an assist, and Connor Hellebuyck stopped 33 shots for the Jets. Winnipeg improved to 7-2 in its last nine to close within six points of Nashville for the Central Division lead.Teuvo Teravainen scored for the fourth straight game for the Hurricanes. Jordan Staal also scored, and Cam Ward made 20 saves. Carolina fell to 2-5-2 in its last nine as it tries to hold on to the final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference.”We’re right there,” Staal said. ”I’m not sure what happened tonight. We’ve got to put together a streak here, and it’s got to be now.”Laine opened the scoring 5:40 into the first when he ripped a wrist shot from the top of the right circle through Ward’s legs. He nearly scored twice more in the first period, with a wrist shot that dinged the right post and a slapshot that rang off the crossbar.”I was pretty mad to myself,” Laine said. ”I should’ve scored from those chances. I thought, `They’re not going to pass to me any more if I can’t bury it from those passes.'”The Hurricanes pulled even with 1:29 left in the opening period. Right as a power play ended, Teravainen fired a pass toward the Winnipeg crease that was intended for Staal, but the puck instead bounced up off Jets defenseman Dmitry Kulikov’s chest and into the net.But Laine struck again just 2:37 into the second period, and six seconds into a power play, with another wrist shot through Ward’s legs Jamie Benn Jersey , this time from the left faceoff circle.”It comes off his stick different,” Hurricanes coach Bill Peters said. ”It comes jumping off his stick. He’s real dangerous right now.”Stastny added insurance with an unusual goal midway through the third period. Ben Chiarot’s wrist shot rang off the right post and redirected to the left side of the ice, where it hit referee Eric Furlatt in the side of the face.With Furlatt recoiling in pain and players across the ice adjusting to the puck’s sudden change in position, Stastny picked up the loose puck and fired it into the net.”I didn’t really see anything,” Stastny said. ”I just heard it hit post or crossbar. Literally know where it went, then all the sudden I realized it was in front of me and then out of the corner of my eye saw the goalie out of position.”The fluky goal would prove critical when Staal fired home a rebound with 4:12 remaining.”A few games ago we had some odd bounce off the ref and they blew it down and they said they wouldn’t allow a goal like that,” Staal said. ”It was tough, obviously, to watch that go in. That was tough.”NOTES: The Jets are 4-0-1 in their last five road games. … Hurricanes F Sebastian Aho notched his 100th NHL point with an assist on Teravainen’s goal. … Jets D Toby Enstrom missed his third straight game with a lower body injury. He is day-to-day. … Jets coach Paul Maurice was the Hurricanes’ coach from 1997-2004 and 2009-12.UP NEXTJets: At New York Rangers on Tuesday night.Hurricanes: At Minnesota on Tuesday night. COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — The Columbus Blue Jackets had four days to stew after being pounded by Tampa Bay on the road last weekend. In the first period against Philadelphia on Thursday night, they didn’t look much better.But the Blue Jackets shook off the malaise and used a three-goal flurry in the second period to speed past the Flyers on the way to a 6-3 victory on Thursday night.Cam Atkinson had back-to-back goals in the second for Columbus, both set up with sweet cross-ice passes from Artemi Panarin.“We talked about it between periods,” Atkinson said. “Our first period just simply wasn’t good enough and competitive enough. I think we kind of answered the bell there in the second and third.”Sergei Bobrovsky, who had absorbed a lot of the criticism after the 8-2 rout by the Lightning on Saturday, had 32 saves against Philadelphia (3-4).Anthony Duclair http://www.officialstarsproonline.com/authentic-adidas-jason-spezza-jersey , Nick Foligno, Josh Anderson and Sonny Milano also scored for the Blue Jackets (3-3). Travis Konecny had a goal and an assist, and Oskar Lindblom and Sean Courturier scored for the Flyers. Backup goalie Calvin Pickard, in a scheduled start ahead of Brian Elliott, stopped 22 shots.Konecny got credit for his first goal of the year when he redirected a shot from Robert Hagg halfway through the first period.Duclair answered late in the period with what was the most impressive goal of the game . He fell with the puck in front of the Flyers’ goal, popped to his feet, corralled it again and, still off-balance, whacked it between Pickard’s pads.“I thought it was pretty lucky,” Duclair said.The Flyers took a 2-1 lead with 50 second left in the first period when Courturier lifted a shot over Bobrovsky’s shoulder from the top of the right circle.The Blue Jackets tied it again early in the second when Atkinson, skating hard to the blue paint, tipped in a Panarin pass. Atkinson buried his second of the night three minutes later, winning a one-on-one battle to the net with Hagg.“I thought we were a little lackluster in the first period, quite honestly, through a lot of the game John Klingberg Jersey , and (Atkinson) gave us a little spark in the second period to grab the lead,” Columbus coach John Tortorella said.“At that point, we had a momentum shift,” Courturier said, “and we couldn’t get it back.” Foligno made it 4-2 , snapping a shot past Pickard’s stick side 8:34 into the second.Lindblom got a wrap-around goal for the Flyers early in the third period to pull it to 4-3, but Anderson got another one for Columbus with five minutes left in the game when he grabbed the puck away from a falling Christian Folin in front of the Philadelphia net and capitalized. Milano got the sixth with 2:12 left off a steal in the corner by Oliver Bjorkstrand.“We hit two posts early, created a lot of chances,” Courtier lamented. “Even at the start of the second we created some chances and as soon as they scored those two goals, we got too hungry to get some offense going when we should have just stuck to the plan and refocused.”NOTES: Corban Knight made his season debut after being out with an upper-body injury. He replaced Mikhail Vorobyev, who was scratched. … Tortorella said injured defenseman Seth Jones (knee) is skating again. He’s expected to be out several more weeks. … Philadelphia C Nolan Patrick missed his third game with an upper-body injury.UP NEXTPhiladelphia: Hosts New Jersey on Saturday.Columbus: Hosts Chicago on Saturday.
officialsbaseball
Сержант
Сержант

Re: Hosts New Jersey on Saturday

Сообщение vanesela 11 июл 2019, 23:00

vanesela
Капитан
Капитан

Вернуться в Новичку