Host Boston on Thursday night.

Если вы новичек в этом увлекательном виде спорта, задавайте вопросы.

Host Boston on Thursday night.

Сообщение officialsbaseball 14 дек 2018, 09:06

DALLAS (AP) Liam Kirk was on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean www.sanjosesharksteamshop.com , about 4,600 miles away from Dallas, on Saturday when he became the first player born and trained in England to be selected in the NHL draft.Early in the seventh and final round of the draft, the Arizona Coyotes took the 18-year-old Kirk with the 189th overall pick .”To finally see my name on the board was just incredible,” Kirk said by phone from England. ”And to get a call from the GM was even better, just to know that’s the place I’m going. And that’s what I’m aiming to be, and to play my NHL career.”The 6-foot, 161-pound Kirk played this season for Sheffield Steelers in the Elite Ice Hockey League, the highest level of competition in the United Kingdom, and for a team where the average age is 28. He had nine goals and seven assists in 52 games for the Steelers in his second season with the team.Even though cricket and soccer are much more popular sports in England, Kirk already was dreaming about playing for Sheffield when he was only about 6 years old and going to Steelers games with his parents and older brother. He started to learn about the NHL within a couple of years.Tim Bernhardt, Arizona’s director of amateur scouting, said NHL Central Scouting identified Kirk. The Coyotes then sent one of their scouts in Europe to see him, and more followed.”He’s a thin kid, needs a lot of physical development, but they said he’s got a good idea of the game, and his natural skills were very good San Jose Sharks T-Shirts Womens ,” Bernhardt said.Born in Rotherham, Kirk this year became the first player born and trained in England to attend the NHL’s pre-draft scouting combine in Buffalo. Now he is the first to be drafted, and he wants to be the first to play in the NHL.”I just want to prove myself, and prove I can play,” said Kirk, who will soon move to North America to start playing here.The Coyotes were among the teams that met with Kirk at the combine, and he knew there was a chance that they would take him. But he didn’t know for sure while watching the draft with his family.His name finally got called Saturday night in England, six hours ahead of Dallas time, where it was early afternoon when he got picked.”He wants to be here. He’s coming over here to play now,” Bernhardt said. ”He’s played in the men’s league. It’s hard for him to find a spot to play because he’s too good for the juniors. … You’re not going to find that kind of skill in the seventh round, so let’s go for it and see where we can get it to.”— SUNRISE, Fla. (AP) Panthers coach Bob Boughner went from hopeful to desolate to elated in a matter of seconds.Filip Forsberg’s apparent tying goal with 0.6 seconds left was disallowed due to goalie interference, giving Florida a 2-1 win over the Nashville Predators on Tuesday night.”It was a crazy finish,” Boughner said. ”Ten seconds to go and you’re thinking it’s over, then you see the clock tick down and the puck go in.”Viktor Arvidsson was posted in front of Florida goalie Roberto Luongo on the play, and his stick made contact with Luongo as he tried to shove in a rebound. The puck slid under Luongo in the crease, and Forsberg swooped in for an easy score. It was called a goal on the ice San Jose Sharks Hoodies Womens , but replay officials ruled that Arvidsson had interfered with Luongo, saying his stick ”caused Luongo to spin and cause the covered puck to come loose.””Obviously, at first, I wasn’t quite sure what happened, but once I saw the replay, the puck was between my legs and the guys just basically pitchforked me,” Luongo said. ”And as he spun me around, the puck came loose. I was happy that they made the right call there because it was going to be a little bit upsetting if that would have been a goal.”The Predators didn’t agree.”We scored a goal to tie the game with less than a second left, and then they take it away from us,” Forsberg said. ”This one was clearly a goal. The puck is never covered, the goalie had no clue where it is, and it ends up on my tape and it’s in.”Luongo tied a season high with 45 saves. Colton Sceviour scored the winning goal and Jonathan Huberdeau also scored for Florida. Luongo started his second game in two nights and had to take fluids intravenously after Monday’s 3-2 win over Carolina.”After last night’s game, I made sure that I did whatever was necessary to get the recovery needed within 24 hours to play again. I was happy the way I felt,” Luongo said.Roman Josi scored for NHL-leading Nashville, and Pekka Rinne made 31 saves. The Predators would have clinched the Western Conference with a win.”We played a good game,” coach Peter Laviolette said. ”Their goalie played really well. There’s a lot at stake for them as well. Our guys played hard, we just couldn’t hit the back of the net.”The Panthers are four points behind the Philadelphia Flyers for the second wild card in the Eastern Conference and five behind the New Jersey Devils with a game in hand.”It was a great to finish to a hard-fought game by both teams San Jose Sharks Hats Womens ,” Boughner said. ”A tough test in back-to-back against the best team in the league. (Luongo) made some amazing saves when they had their pushes. He was the difference tonight.”Sceviour stretched the Panthers lead to 2-0 at 10:33 of the third. Evgenii Dadonov flipped the puck from behind the net back to Sceviour on the right side, who poked it past Rinne.”I was the beneficiary there,” Sceviour said. ”(Dadonov) did a lot of the work there and made a heck of a pass. I just had to put it in pretty much an open net.”The Predators closed to 2-1 on Josi’s goal with 3:52 left in the third. Josi fired a shot from in front that got past Luongo.Huberdeau’s deflection gave the Panthers a 1-0 lead with 1:30 left in the first. Jamie McGinn shot from the right side, and the puck bounced off Huberdeau and got past Rinne.Luongo made a save at 11:27 of the second and went down on the ice when the puck hit his rib area but remained in the game.UPSET CELEBSA few high-profile hockey fans joined the Smashville faithful in blasting the overturned goal on social media.”Dear (at)nhl I love you and I always will but (at)PredsNHL were robbed tonight,” wrote actor Kiefer Sutherland.”I am seriously livid. (at)NHL , fix this,” said Carrie Underwood , wife of predators forward Mike Fisher.”Hey (at)NHL , those are the kind of calls that cause fans to lose faith in the head office,” said golfer Brandt Snedeker.NOTES: Luongo, who turns 39 on April 4, is one game away from becoming the third goaltender in NHL history to play 1,000 games. … Arvidsson returned after missing the last game with a lower-body injury.UP NEXTPredators: At Washington on Thursday night.Panthers: Host Boston on Thursday night.—
officialsbaseball
Сержант
Сержант

Re: Host Boston on Thursday night.

Сообщение vanesela 19 июн 2019, 23:26

vanesela
Капитан
Капитан

Re: Host Boston on Thursday night.

Сообщение vanesela 11 июл 2019, 23:17

vanesela
Капитан