Hopkins and Leon Draisaitl each had two assists

Если вы новичек в этом увлекательном виде спорта, задавайте вопросы.

Hopkins and Leon Draisaitl each had two assists

Сообщение officialsbaseball 14 дек 2018, 09:41

TORONTO (AP) — Booed out of their own building after a lopsided loss last week Sean Monahan Jersey , the Calgary Flames recommitted to their defensive structure and the move paid off against Toronto.Sean Monahan and Elias Lindholm scored in a 55-second span of the third period to lead the Flames to a 3-1 victory over the Maple Leafs on Monday night, snapping a three-game losing streak.“We put together 60 good minutes,” said Lindholm, who leads his team with eight goals after coming over in a blockbuster trade with the Carolina Hurricanes at the NHL draft. “We were above them all night, first to pucks, won battles.”Lindholm and Monahan each added an assist. Michael Frolik added an empty-net goal to seal it. Mike Smith made 24 saves.Nazem Kadri, playing his 500th NHL game, scored for Toronto. Frederik Andersen stopped 31 shots.The Leafs lacked jump in their first game without Auston Matthews. It was announced earlier Monday that the center would miss at least four weeks with a left shoulder injury.“Our last two games have been the way we want to play,” Calgary captain Mark Giordano said. “When you play well defensively the goals come.”Monahan snapped a scoreless tie 4:39 into the third on a power play, netting his fifth goal of the season of a rebound of a shot by Lindholm.Lindholm then gave the Flames, who were 0-2-1 over their last three, a 2-0 edge with his team-leading eighth goal at 6:34 after the Leafs turned the puck over in their own zone.“I thought they skated, I thought they worked, I thought they sailed out of their zone and beat us up the ice TJ Brodie Jersey ,” said Leafs head coach Mike Babcock, whose club was coming off back-to-back wins over the Winnipeg Jets. “The game is frustrating when the other team works harder than you.”Toronto defenseman Igor Ozhiganov hit the post at the other end on the next shift.The Leafs got to within one at 16:07, when Kadri scored his third of the season and third in as many games on a feed from Mitch Marner, one second after a Toronto two-man advantage of 1:09 expired.The Leafs pressed for the tie, but were unable to get another one past Smith before Frolik added an insurance goal into an empty net, his fifth goal of the season.The Flames fell 3-2 in a shootout to the Washington Capitals in Calgary on Saturday — a result that, despite the final score, was viewed as a step in the right direction after getting blown out 9-1 by the Pittsburgh Penguins at home 48 hours earlier.Andersen kept things scoreless early in the second when he made a right pad save that stopped Lindholm on a delayed penalty, before Smith stopped Hyman at the other end.Johnny Gaudreau cut around Leafs defenseman Jake Gardiner later in the period, but couldn’t get a shot away on Andersen.The Leafs goalie stopped Matthew Tkachuk and Mikael Backlund before John Tavares shoveled a loose puck off a scramble into Smith’s open net, but it was just after the buzzer sounded to end the second period.The 21-year-old Matthews, who doesn’t require surgery for his damaged shoulder, was hurt on a clean check by Jets defenceman Jacob Trouba early in the second period of Saturday’s 3-2 comeback victory over Winnipeg.Matthews sustained a similar injury to his other shoulder last February and missed 10 games — his third stint on the sidelines in 2017-18 following back and concussion problems — but still managed to finish second on the team in goals (34) and points (63) in just 62 appearances.He will sit out at least 13 games with this injury, and perhaps more if the recovery process stretches beyond 28 days.Matthews has 10 goals (tied for second in the NHL) and 16 points (tied for sixth) through 11 games this season.Calgary held a 12-4 edge in shots Womens Travis Hamonic Jersey , with Toronto’s output in the opening 20 minutes tying its lowest in any period in 2018-19.With their best player on the shelf, the Leafs were forced to shuffle their lines over Saturday’s final two periods and again on Monday.Kadri, who started the campaign as Toronto’s No. 3 center, was reunited with Marner and Patrick Marleau after the trio clicked in the second half 2017-18, while Tavares played between Hyman and Kasperi Kapanen to round out the top-six forward group.The Leafs are also still without winger William Nylander, who was slated to start the season alongside Matthews and Marleau following the addition of Tavares this summer, as the restricted free agent and the club remain at odds over a new contract.“It’s frustrating,” Matthews said of his injury prior to Monday’s game. “There’s not much you can do.“I’m going to work as hard as I can to get back as soon as possible.”NOTES: Marner has five assists in his last three games. … The Leafs were 11-7-2 without Matthews last season. … Leafs defenseman Travis Dermott, who missed both victories over Winnipeg because of an illness, was a healthy scratch.UP NEXTCalgary: Back in action Tuesday in Buffalo.Toronto: Hosts the Dallas Stars on Thursday. BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) With the Flames slipping out of playoff contention, goalie Mike Smith would prefer nothing more than to be back in net for Calgary’s next game, at Buffalo.Knowing that’s not in the cards, Smith settled on accepting the next step in recovering from a lower body injury by practicing with the Flames for the first time in nearly a month on Tuesday.”It’s the worst feeling as a guy who wants to be in there every game and wants to help the team win Custom Los Angeles Kings Jerseys ,” Smith said after taking part in an optional practice a day before Calgary plays the Sabres.”A piece of you feels like you’re letting the team down by sitting there and watching,” he added. ”That’s the sucky part of the position and the sport. But that’s part of the deal. So you’ve got to deal with it.”Though still experiencing some soreness, Smith was encouraged following the half-hour session while saying it’s premature to determine how much more time he’ll miss.”I’d like to tell you that, but your guess is as good as mine. I think it’s just day by day,” he said. ”I’m trying to improve every day, strengthen, get comfortable, and when I’m ready I’ll know.”Smith has been out since being hurt in the final seconds of a 3-2 win at the New York Islanders on Feb. 11.After spending much of the past week skating on his own, Smith at least felt healthy enough to travel from Calgary to rejoin the Flames, who are in the midst of a three-game road swing that closes at Ottawa on Thursday.The Flames could use any type of boost after having gone 0-3-1 in their past four following a 4-3 overtime loss at Pittsburgh on Monday. And they’re 3-6-2 while allowing 40 goals in 11 games since Smith was hurt.In that time, Calgary has gone from sitting third in the Pacific Division to 11th in the tightly contested Western Conference playoff picture. With 15 games left, the Flames entered Tuesday with 74 points, three behind the eighth-place Los Angeles Kings.”There’s still time left and games left,” Smith said. ”I think we’re a good team. It’s time now to put all the chips in http://www.hurricanesshoponline.com/authentic-andrei-svechnikov-jersey , and we need every guy working on all cylinders here.”With a 23-16-6 record, Smith has provided the Flames much-needed stability in net after being acquired in a trade with Arizona in June. His 2.53 goals-against average ranks 12th and 0.921 save percentage is ninth among goalies with 30 or more games played.Without the 12-year veteran, the Flames are leaning on a rookie tandem of Jon Gillies and David Rittich, who have combined to appear in 25 career NHL games.Gillies is 2-2-1 in six games, including a 35-save outing in a 5-2 win at Arizona on Feb. 22. Rittich is 1-4-1, and allowed seven goals on 26 shots in a 7-3 loss at Vegas on Feb. 21.Coach Glen Gulutzan defended his goalies by saying the team has to play better as a whole. And yet, he acknowledged how much of a difference Smith can make both in stopping shots and being one of the league’s best puck-handling goalies.”There’s no scapegoat on goaltending here,” Gulutzan said. ”We’re still fighting. And if we get him back, I think it’s great. It helps you win when you get an elite guy back.”—
officialsbaseball
Сержант
Сержант

Re: Hopkins and Leon Draisaitl each had two assists

Сообщение vanesela 19 июн 2019, 23:37

vanesela
Капитан
Капитан

Re: Hopkins and Leon Draisaitl each had two assists

Сообщение vanesela 11 июл 2019, 23:28

vanesela
Капитан