Final scores can be misleadingAgainst the Seattle Seahawks i

Покупка или продажа личного оборудования.

Final scores can be misleadingAgainst the Seattle Seahawks i

Сообщение linchao 15 дек 2018, 04:24

Final scores can be misleadingAgainst the Seattle Seahawks in Week 5 the final score of 33-31 reflected the closeness of the game.

This week? The final score of 23-20 against the Denver Broncos was not reflective of the game www.authenticslosangelesrams.com , being close.The Los Angeles Rams dominated the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. RB Todd Gurley ran for over 200 yards, and the Rams’ defense held the Broncos’ running game in check. The Rams created self-inflicted wounds which made the score close. Those are correctable though—a good thing. The Rams are now the only undefeated team in the NFL. This is great, but it means nothing. The ultimate goal remains...Winning the Super Bowl.We not meSecond down, second guessing allows us to be critical of virtually everything that doesn’t work. No one, including Head Coach Sean McVay, is above reproach.Being aggressive is the cornerstone of McVay’s offense. However, if the Rams are to reach the ultimate goal of a NFL Championship, they must improve in every facet of their game including game management.The fourth down call to seal the win against the Seahawks was gusty, aggressive and the right call to play the game to win.In this game, the Rams were ahead 20-3. The Broncos were marching down the field, but S John Johnson III got a fortuitous interception turnover. This was a critical momentum changer...or so we thought. Even though the interception was deep inside Rams territory, it spoiled the Broncos’ chances of getting back into the game. All the Rams offense needed to do was maintain possession to run some clock. But on a third and forever, McVay called a pass play. The pass play he called had a marginal likelihood of successfully getting the first down. Worse the pass got tipped, hit the helmet of WR Josh Reynolds, and bounced into the hands of a Broncos defender.The turnover could’ve been avoided had McVay just run the ball, punted and forced the Broncos to march down the field working against the clock. Instead, Denver got the ball back almost in the same spot as their turnover and scored putting them right back in the game at 20-10 going into the fourth quarter.I have no idea what was going through Coach McVay’s at that time, but no amount of explanation is necessary. He let his aggressiveness get the best of him when game management called for the Broncos to earn a win, not have it handed to them.When your running back is making a mockery of the opponent’s defense, keep feeding him the rock. For reasons unknown to me, Gurley was replaced by RB Malcolm Brown in a red zone possession. Maybe it was the altitude and Todd needed a breather. Maybe McVay had heeded my advice that in the red zone to pound the ball into end zone. What better player to do that with then our bowling ball in Brown.But when your running back is having the kind of day Gurley was, he should’ve been in there.The swing pass to Gurley is a huge weapon for the Rams. Sometimes, it’s the first option, but most often its the second or third read by QB Jared Goff. When Jared was forced to look to Gurley for the pass, the Broncos’ cornerback was playing Gurley to his inside shoulder. Afraid of the pick six and playing it smart, Goff either ate the ball for a sack or just threw the ball away. What should have been spotted was using the corner’s inside position as an advantage. Pump fake the swing pass and float the ball to Todd’s outside shoulder on a wheel route. With the Broncos’ secondary guarding against the deep ball to the opposite side, that play would have picked up huge yardage. One completion on that play would have forced Denver to change their coverage opening up for Jared to hit the deep pass plays which were non-existent in this game.I may be just a Rams fan, but I also don’t have a Microsoft Surface Pro when watching the game on TV. If I could spot the appropriate adjustment to make Los Angeles Rams T-Shirt , then it’s reasonable to conclude that Coach McVay should’ve also. Instead, the Rams continued to employ the same play with the same results.So I’ve said it. No one is above criticism in the Professor’s class, including boy genius Sean McVay. In the playoffs, the Rams aren’t going to be playing teams who are 2-4. They will be playing teams who are equally well-coached who rarely make the kind of mistakes I saw this last Sunday.There’s plenty of time to fix this. So let’s fix it.The Rams’ offenseThis was not a great game for Goff as far as his numbers were concerned. Give credit to the Broncos’ secondary. It forced at least three coverage sacks, but the lack of a 300-yard passing game can be misleading. When Goff spotted he had no where to go with a pass on critical third downs, he used his legs to pick up the first down going into what our managing editor calls “GIRAFFE MODE.” That’s something we normally didn’t see from Jared last year, but it is beginning to become part of his game. This is growth in the right direction. Take what the defense is giving you. Don’t force the ball into coverage. The offensive line was outstanding on the run. Although they gave up some sacks, these were coverage sacks. Jared had no where to go with the ball. Goff might have tried to throw the ball away instead of holding the ball—he didn’t and the result was the sack.Gurley had the game of his life behind his stellar offensive line. He carried the team to victory with his running. This was smashmouth football at its finest. There was little the Rams did in the passing game, but the bubble pass to WR Robert Woods leading to the chip shot field goal to seal the deal was an outstanding play on his part. Grade: B+The Rams’ defenseThe Rams shored up their defense against the run. That was the good part...but their pass defense suffered again.For all the angst over the loss of CB Aqib Talib and the play of his replacement CB Troy Hill, credit has to be given to Broncos QB Case Keenum and his wide receivers. On the two deep balls, the coverage was there. It took a great toss and catch. Sometimes you have to give credit to the opponent for making a good play.If that’s the case, how do you stop that kind of play?It begins and ends with rushing the quarterback. If the Rams had put more pressure on Keenum, he doesn’t get the throw off or at least is hurried enough to make a bad throw. Sometimes, even pressure can’t stop things. Hill did the best job he could. It happens. No one is perfect.Additionally, the Rams did defense did a terrible job on the bubble screen. The secondary got blocked out by tanking bad angles when going to make the tackle, This pass play, unless you catch the defense with its pants down, should get no more then five yards at best, not ten yards or more. Bad angles driving towards the receiver between the blocks are easily correctable.I’m not even going to discuss the last Bronco touchdown since it’s a waste of time to argue against the zebras. Instead of throwing penalty flags, don’t waste my time. Just put up seven points for Denver—if you can reset the clock at your unfettered discretion, why not the scoreboard.Grade: B+The Rams’ special teamsKR/PR JoJo Natson returned to the lineup and almost broke one. He got a break on the fumble being called down on contact, but concerns about getting hit on his broken hand were something he needed to get out of his system. Hopefully, it’s completely in the past now.PK Cairo Santos needs to make the big field goal from distance. 40-50 yards should not be that difficult. I guess that won’t be Santos’ problem with the Rams moving on from him with PK Greg Zuerlein apparently set to return.Grade: C-The X-factorsThe Rams handled the crowd and inclement weather and played through the cold, This will serve them well down in December and January should they be forced to play on the road in a non-dome stadium.I have to mention the horse collar on WR Cooper Kupp. That was a dirty play. It’s not that S Darian Stewart simply committed a penalty with the horse collar tackle. That happens. It’s that Stewart didn’t release once he knew he had Copper by the back of his neck. Instead, he pulled down on the horse collar close to the sidelines. The Rams are lucky they didn’t lose Kupp for the season.That was a bush league, garbage play.Final grade: BLos Angeles Rams aplenty in top 100 2018 fantasy football rankings Over at Fake Teams, the SB Nation community for fantasy sports, they’ve got their top 100 board for the 2018 season up. Not surprisingly given how good the offense was in 2017 Los Angeles Rams Hats , the Los Angeles Rams have plenty of players up and down the board.#2.) RB Todd GurleyA bit surprised JTG isn’t #1? Me too. He got nudged out by Pittsburgh Steelers RB Le’Veon Bell. Of Fake Teams’ seven staffers, three gave Gurley their #1 vote while only one gave it to Bell. The difference was that five staffers had Bell #2 while the four who didn’t vote Gurley #1 had him either #3 or #4. One of those staffers laid out the case in impressive depth here if you’re that dedicated of a fantasy nerd.Quibbling at this point as we all obviously agree Gurley is one of the best fantasy plays in the NFL this year, and if you’re a Rams fan with the #1 overall pick and you don’t take Gurley, you should sleep in a can. A cold can. Filled with bees.#38.) WR Brandin CooksThis seems awfully high for me.Cooks comes in ahead of Kansas City Chiefs WR Tyreek Hill, Steelers WR Juju Smith-Schuster and Detroit Lions WR Golden Tate who I personally expect to have better fantasy seasons not because of Cooks individually, per se.But the Rams have a lot of mouths to feed.You’ve got an offense with Cooks, WR Robert Woods, WR Cooper Kupp, Gurley and some combination of TE Tyler Higbee and TE Gerald Everett. Last year, Cooks had 114 targets with the New England Patriots, the lowest total of his last three seasons. Your 2017 LA Rams target leader? Kupp with 94. If we’re considering for fantasy implications the sheer simplicity of replacing now Chiefs WR Sammy Watkins with Cooks, your new WR1 is coming into a role that received just 70 targets last year.I just don’t see how the Rams could get Cooks the volume of work required to make him a top 40 overall player without doing so at a severe detriment to the rest of the offensive pieces.This isn’t to say Cooks shouldn’t fare well. Or even be more efficient. But the sheer volume at work here is probably too much to invest in this highly.If you’re looking for the positive spin, it’s right here:#81.) WR Cooper Kupp#82.) WR Robert WoodsThe reason nobody should be upset with the idea of Cooks not being a top target is that the Rams’ offense is so well-balanced. Would you rather have a top 20 WR with your WR2 and WR3 well outside the top 100, or have (perhaps easily) three top 100 WRs? There are arguments both ways, but there’s no denying the quality of the Rams’ WR depth chart right now.And that’s it. So a couple of other thoughts, with an obvious one up first.QB Jared Goff not listedNot terribly surprised here. There are 11 QBs on their list, and with Green Bay Packers QB Aaron Rodgers, Philadelphia Eagles WR Carson Wentz and Houston Texans QB Deshaun Watson all coming back from injury, I can see Goff getting edged out. Still, it doesn’t make me at all enthused to see:100.) San Francisco 49ers QB Jersey Cowpooperblow#4.) Arizona Cardinals RB David JohnsonIs this too high for a RB coming off of an ACL injury in that offense?#7.) New York Giants RB Saquon BarkleyThere’s no way I’m taking Barkley this year. He’s got a ridiculous skill sit, but the Giants’ line is soupy and I’m not terribly high on new Head Coach Pat Shurmur’s offensive system fantasy-wise. I do, however, think the Giants could be much, much, much better as a team this year.#17.) Minnesota Vikings RB Dalvin CookSee above: Johnson, David.#32.) Washington RB Derrius GuiceSniff.Sadly, the Fake Teams crew put out these rankings before Guice went down with an ACL injury that will see him miss the 2018 season. Sucks. I was tabbing him as my 2018 NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year. The Great War on Knees continues...What else stands out to you from their top 100? Thoughts on their rankings of the Rams? Fantasy expectations? Who are your sleepers and busts for 2018?
linchao
Лейтенант
Лейтенант

Re: Final scores can be misleadingAgainst the Seattle Seahawks i

Сообщение vanesela 19 июл 2019, 22:31

vanesela
Капитан
Капитан

Вернуться в Купи-продай