Denny McLain Jersey

Покупка или продажа личного оборудования.

Denny McLain Jersey

Сообщение linchao 12 мар 2019, 07:34

ST. LOUIS (AP) — At 37 Denny McLain Jersey , Adam Wainwright remains confident in his ability to still be effective on the mound for the Cardinals.Wainwright made just eight starts in an injury-plagued 2018 season, giving up 12 earned runs on 22 hits in 22 1-3 innings. He still struck out 25 and walked just four, but it was a frustrating season: He had a hamstring injury and started the season on the disabled list. He came back and made three starts. Then he returned to the 60-day DL with a sore right elbow.In his rehab outing before returning in September, Wainwright pitched 17 scoreless innings. His best outing was a two-hit, six-inning scoreless outing against the Los Angeles Dodgers in his next-to-last start.Wainwright showed himself and the Cardinals he could still pitch.“I want to win. There’s still a big part of me that thinks that I’m going to win a Cy Young,” Wainwright said. “So, I mean, even if that’s pitching in middle relief, I’d be the first one to ever do that.”Last October, Wainwright inked a one-year contract worth $2 million plus bonus incentives. That deal followed a five-year, $97.5 million contract that had expired.He will be entering his 15th season with the Cardinals.“The way he pitched in that rehab assignment and the way he pitched in September is what established the fact that he can still pitch in the big leagues,” general manager Michael Girsch said. “It became obvious that he wanted to come back. He had convinced himself that he could do it.”His career in St. Louis has been a good one. He has 148 wins in his 14 seasons. Wainwright is two wins shy of becoming the fifth Cardinal pitcher and first since Bob Forsch to win 150 games.Wainwright was the runner-up for the Cy Young Award in 2010 and 2013. He also finished third twice.He has been a complete player in his tenure with his defense and hitting. Wainwright won Gold Glove awards in 2009 and 2013. In 2017 http://www.tigersfanproshop.com/authentic-daniel-norris-jersey , he captured the Silver Slugger Award as the best hitting pitcher in the National League.But since 2015, Wainwright has battled various ailments. He has been limited to only 68 starts since 2015. Wainwright finished last season 2-4 with a 4.46 ERA in 40 1-3 innings.“You know, if I’m being honest, last year or even the year before just the way my arm was feeling, I might have said I’m going to go out and win 25 games or whatever, but deep down I wasn’t mentally there,” Wainwright said at last month’s fan event before the team headed to Florida for spring training. “It’s one thing to say it, but it’s a whole another thing to believe it. I don’t know, but I’m on a whole different level health-wise this year than I have been in a few years. So, we’ll see what happens.”This spring, Wainwright reports he is healthy.“It’s been unlike any offseason for me since the 2014 offseason,” Wainwright said. “Nothing to repair. No stitches to get out. No other surgeries to have. It’s been fun for me http://www.tigersfanproshop.com/authentic-kirk-gibson-jersey , actually. I was able to train completely normal again. I can throw completely normal. I already long tossed back to 210 feet. I haven’t done that since even I don’t know when.”Wainwright would like to be a starter this season. However, he has not ruled out to return to the bullpen, where he began his career.For starters, the Cardinals have former All-Stars Miles Mikolas, Michel Wacha and Carlos Martinez to lead the rotation. Jack Flaherty pitched well last season as a rookie to earn a spot in the rotation.That leaves one opening for a starter. Besides Wainwright, other contenders for a starting spot are Austin Gomber and John Gant. A wild card is Alex Reyes, who is healthy this spring. The hard-throwing right-hander has logged only four major league innings over the last two seasons due to injuries.“I trying not to think of anything that I can’t control,” Wainwright said. “And what I can control is coming in and getting outs. I’m pretty confident in that.”Wainwright wants to make the decision on who makes the rotation a tough one for manager Mike Shildt.“We have spring training for a reason,” Shildt said. “All those guys will come and be told to compete for a starting position and you just go from there.”Wainwright said he also knows this could be his last season in the majors.“I’m going to treat every year from here like it’s my last and go year to year,” Wainwright said. “I’m going to have a great time and maybe a year from now we’re having the same conversation or we’re having a retirement conversation.” The Ambassador Bridge connects Detroit to Canada. This week, Detroit becomes to bridge that the Chicago Cubs must pass through between important division games.The Cubs split six games against National League Central opponents Milwaukee and Pittsburgh last week. They’ll make a two-game pit stop in Detroit this week before returning home for four games against last-place Cincinnati.While trying to hold off Milwaukee and surging St. Louis, first-place Chicago hopes to regains its offensive punch against the pitching-deficient Tigers. The Cubs have scored a single run in each of their last four games and were fortunate to win two of them.Article continues below ...“We have to get our offense straightened out Willie Horton Jersey ,” Cubs manager Joe Maddon told mlb.com. “I can’t make any excuses for them either. We just have to get better. But we did pitch. We played great defense. We did a lot of really good things. We just didn’t hit the baseball.”Chicago’s only runs in the four-game series against the Pirates came on solo homers. It went hitless in 17 at-bats with runners in scoring position.“You can’t be panicked by the fact that we just had four games where we just scored one run,” outfielder Kyle Schwarber said to mlb.com. “All teams probably go through the stretch. … We’re ready to have this off-day, get refocused and get ready for this next series.”Facing the battered Tigers’ staff could be just what the Cubs need to get their bats going. Detroit’s starting rotation has been decimated by injuries and trades. Michael Fulmer and Blaine Hardy are on the disabled list and Mike Fiers was recently traded to Oakland.Tigers manager Ron Gardenhire was forced to try a “bullpen day” on Sunday, with long reliever Buck Farmer making his first start this year. Detroit lost 5-4 to Minnesota.The Twins blasted 13 homers in the four-game series. The Tigers scored at least four runs in each game of the series but only won one.“We have to make better pitches to not give up that many home runs. But also need to cash in better when we get runners on base,” Tigers catcher James McCann told the Detroit News.Jordan Zimmermann (5-5, 4.36 ERA) will start for the Tigers on Tuesday. The Cubs will counter with Kyle Hendricks (9-9, 4.11).Zimmermann got roughed up in his last start, surrendering six runs and nine hits in five innings to the Chicago White Sox. He has endured similar experiences against the Cubs, mainly during his years with Washington. Zimmermann has a 1-5 record and 4.58 ERA in nine starts against them.Hendricks has only faced the Tigers once, allowing three runs and seven hits in five innings on July 3 while getting a no-decision. The Cubs took both games of that two-game series.Hendricks has three wins and a no-decision in his last four starts. He notched a victory on Wednesday despite giving up four runs in six innings to the Brewers.Pinpoint control has allowed Hendricks to bounce back from a shaky beginning to the season. The Cubs have won seven of his last nine starts and he has walked just seven batters in those outings while getting 53 strikeouts.
linchao
Лейтенант
Лейтенант

Вернуться в Купи-продай