Sam Darnold once thought he'd be wearing an orange helmet

От посетителей сайта

Sam Darnold once thought he'd be wearing an orange helmet

Сообщение liny195 30 янв 2019, 03:46

just a few shades brighter than his hair color.But the former USC star wasn't precisely what the Browns were looking for in a franchise quarterback in the NFL draft. Darnold checked most of the boxes Youth Larry Ogunjobi Jersey , but not all of them and Cleveland passed on him with the No. 1 overall pick, selecting Baker Mayfield instead.On Thursday night, Darnold can show the Browns they made a mistake.Another one.The youngest quarterback to start a season opener since 1970, Darnold will perform on a national TV stage for the second time already as a pro when he leads the New York Jets into FirstEnergy Stadium to face the Browns, who have played well enough to win their first two games but are still searching for their first victory since Dec. 24, 2016.Heading into April's draft, Darnold was considered the top of the deep 2018 QB class and it appeared he would wind up in Cleveland, where quarterbacks have come and gone like restaurant busboys over the past two decades."Yeah, I thought I could've ended up there or several other teams," Darnold said this week. "I was excited to go anywhere. "Whoever wanted me, whoever wanted to pick me as a top pick, to me it was a dream come true right when it happened."After the Browns nabbed Mayfield and the Giants grabbed running back Saquon Barkley, the Jets took Darnold and have been more than satisfied by his early development.He rebounded from throwing an interception that was returned for a TD on his first pass attempt in the opener and led the Jets to a 31-point win, and last week the 21-year-old became the youngest QB to pass for 300 yards.Darnold insists he's not seeking any revenge or trying to prove anything to the Browns."No," he said. "I'm just going to go out there and play ball."The Jets and Browns are on divergent paths with their rookie quarterbacks. New York has chosen to start Darnold, while Cleveland is holding Mayfield out to watch and learn behind Tyrod Taylor.It's not a race and the Browns feel no need to rush their plan."We feel very comfortable with the guy that we selected in Baker Youth Chris Hubbard Jersey , and I'm sure they do with him," coach Hue Jackson said. "He's a fine prospect and is going to be a fine player. I think they got a good one, but we feel we have a really good one, too."After facing Ben Roethlisberger and Drew Brees — two future Hall of Famers — in Weeks 1 and 2, the Browns aren't looking at Darnold as any break."I don't think that any game in the NFL is a breather," said linebacker Joe Schobert."He's got a big arm. He's doing good things as their quarterback. The hardest thing to do is come into the NFL and play quarterback and be successful. And he's so far shown himself to be pretty poised and good at it."PRESSURE PACKEDThe Browns are down and desperate. They need a win, and after stubbing their toes twice already, need to beat the Jets. A 1-1-1 record seems light years from 0-2-1."Our team is excited, hungry, disappointed, anxious — all of those words you want to use," said Jackson, who is 1-32-1 in two seasons. "We just need to get it done."BACK 'HOME"The Dawg Pound will be a homecoming of sorts for several current Jets, who are former Browns.Running back Isaiah Crowell played the past four years in Cleveland. Wide receiver Terrelle Pryor spent two seasons with the Browns, including a breakout campaign in 2016 when the former quarterback had 1,007 yards. His QB for parts of those seasons was Josh McCown Womens Kevin Zeitler Jersey , now Darnold's backup and mentor.Cornerback Buster Skrine played in Cleveland from 2011-14. Jets coach Todd Bowles, too, has Cleveland connections as an assistant under Butch Davis from 2001-04.ALIVE & KICKINGGreg Joseph was on the beach hanging out with friends last weekend, "you know, just living the South Florida life." Things changed quickly.The rookie is now in the spotlight — or crosshairs — as Cleveland's new kicker. Joseph signed this week after the Browns cut Zane Gonzalez for missing two field goals and two extra points last week.Joseph, who spent the preseason with Miami, is excited about the opportunity."My film's out there. My stats are out there," he said. "I learned a lot about me, the athlete I am and the competitor I am. I'm ready to bring it here."Q IS THE ANSWERDarnold's favorite target through two games has been wide receiver Quincy Enunwa, who has a team-leading 13 catches for 155 yards and a touchdown. Enunwa has been targeted 21 times, more than Pryor (11), Robby Anderson (six) and Jermaine Kearse (two) combined.SACK RACEThe Jets got their first four sacks of the season last Sunday against Miami, the most since getting to Taylor seven times when he played with Buffalo in Week 9 last season."The whole unit, we definitely picked it up last week," defensive end Leonard Williams said. "We didn't have any sacks in the first week, even though they got the ball out pretty quickly. At the same time Youth Baker Mayfield Jersey , I don't want to make excuses. We definitely picked it up last week and I hope we continue to make strides on that." The news just keeps on getting grimmer for the Cleveland Browns, especially on the defensive side of the ball.The team has placed starting linebacker Christian Kirksey and defensive back E.J. Gaines on injured reserve. Kirksey injured his hamstring during Sunday’s loss to the Kansas City Chiefs, while Gaines suffered his second concussion of the season in the first quarter of the game.The moves were announced on the team’s website.Because NFL rules require players to miss eight games after being placed on injured reserve, Kirksey and Gaines are done for the season.The injuries were just the latest to hit the defensive side of the ball. The Browns have been without linebacker Joe Schobert for the past three games as he has dealt with a hamstring injury, although he did return to practice on Wednesday; cornerback Terrance Mitchell for the past five games with a broken wrist; and starting safety Damarious Randall missed the game against Kansas City with a groin injury. But wait, there’s more!Starting cornerback Denzel Ward left the game against the Chiefs with a hip injury and the Browns do not yet know if that injury will keep him sidelined or not, but he is expected to return to practice on Thursday:The Browns filled one of the roster spots by signing defensive back Juston Burris of the practice squad of the New York Jets. According to the team website:With Kirksey out, and no timetable for Schobert’s return, Cleveland’s depth chart for Sunday’s game against the Atlanta Falcons shows a starting linebacker group of rookie Genard Avery, the under-performing Jamie Collins and next-man-up Ray-Ray Armstrong.The secondary looks just as shaky, with Denzel Rice possibly moving up if Ward can’t go, and Tavierre Thomas backing up T.J. Carrie at the other cornerback position. Clearance NFL Jerseys
liny195
Капитан
Капитан

Re: Sam Darnold once thought he'd be wearing an orange helmet

Сообщение vanesela 12 апр 2019, 07:23

vanesela
Капитан
Капитан

Re: Sam Darnold once thought he'd be wearing an orange helmet

Сообщение vanesela 05 июн 2019, 04:33

vanesela
Капитан