www.oaklandraidersteamonline.com

От посетителей сайта

www.oaklandraidersteamonline.com

Сообщение hongwei28 20 ноя 2018, 04:31

Mariners second baseman Robinson Cano apologized to his teammates Authentic Daryl Worley Jersey , the organization and the fans for his 80-game suspension for violating baseball’s drug agreement.

Cano tested positive for Furosemide, a diuretic that can be used to mask performance-enhancing drugs.

”I wanted to apologize genuinely to the city of Seattle and to all the fans and the young baseball players in the (United) States and the (Dominican Republic) and most importantly to my teammates,” Cano said. ”I wanted to show my face to you guys. I don’t think for me it’s fair to just come back and walk into the clubhouse.

”I wanted to do this earlier. But I don’t want to be a distraction for the team. So I was waiting for the right time.”

Cano said he couldn’t discuss details of the testing process but maintained the substance was prescribed to him in the Dominican Republic for the treatment of a medical issue.

”I’ve been getting tested for the last 12 seasons and I’ve never had an issue with MLB policy,” he said. ”I was treating for some medical ailments and I was being supervised by a doctor. But at the same time, I understand that everything that goes into my body, I’m responsible for that.”

He said the suspension was the most difficult thing he’s dealt with in his life outside of the death of his grandfather.

”I love this game so much,” Cano said. ”For me, baseball is everything. You know I hate to sit in the dugout and have a day off and being away from the game and not being able to sit in the dugout and cheer for my teammates, that makes it even harder.”

Mark Texeira, a former first baseman for the New York Yankees and Cano’s teammate, said on a New York radio show that he was ”not surprised” Cano was suspended for PED use. Yankees G.M. Brian Cashman made comments seemingly suggesting the same.

”Every time you hear a negative comment, it’s going to hurt anyone,” Cano said of his former colleagues. ”But I don’t really pay attention because what I really care about (is) those who come out and say positive things like C.C. (Sabathia) and Mariano (Rivera). Because if you focus on the negative then you’re always going to live in the past. I’m one who looks ahead. I don’t really care what they said. They can say whatever they want. I hope none of them or their family go through a situation like this because it’s easy to go out and judge anyone.”

Cano has remained close to the team and does workouts at Safeco Field before the team arrives each day. He leaves the stadium before his teammates get to work and watches all the games from home. He will head to his father’s academy in the Dominican Republic in the near future to begin ramping up his baseball work.

Cano was hitting .287 with a .385 on-base percentage, .441 slugging percentage, 10 doubles, four home runs, 23 RBI and 21 walks for the season when the suspension was handed down in May.

The Mariners would love to get Cano’s bat back in the lineup, but finding a spot for him in the field could be more troublesome. Dee Gordon has excelled defensively at second base in Cano’s absence after moving back to his old position from center field. With Cano ineligible for postseason play, Gordon will need to play second base in the playoffs as well should the Mariners qualify for the first time since 2001.

Cano said he was open to whatever role the team wants him to play upon his return.

”This is not about myself. This is about us as a team http://www.bengalsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-mark-walton-jersey ,” Cano said. ”We are playing for the city of Seattle. All of us, the city, my teammates, and myself. I’m focused on bringing a title to Seattle so I would do whatever it takes to help this team to win. At the same time I understand I’m not going to be able to play in the playoffs so you got to give a chance to Dee to go out and play because when we get to the playoffs he’s going to have to come back and play second base.”

Cano went on the disabled list on May 14 due to a fractured bone in his right hand with the suspension being handed down the following day. The Mariners have a 34-16 record in the 50 games Cano has missed. Barring any postponements, Cano is eligible to return to the Mariners on Aug. 14.

In an unprecedented four-game sweep in Baltimore, the Seattle Mariners outscored the Orioles by a total of six runs and twice prevailed in extra innings.

The difference between the two teams, to a large degree, is that Seattle finds a way to win, and the Orioles keep coming up with a variety of ways to lose.

Nelson Cruz homered and drove in three runs, and the Mariners capitalized on two 10th-inning errors in a 4-2 victory Thursday that completed their first four-game sweep at Baltimore in franchise history.

The Mariners improved to 8-0 in extra innings this season. They won in 11 innings on Wednesday, after winning the first two games of the series 5-3 and 3-2.

”We won four games, four different ways,” manager Scott Servais said with pride. ”It shows what kind of team we are. Different players on different nights, all pitching in. We are playing pretty good baseball as a team right now. This sweep was a great turnaround for us.”

The Mariners came to town with a run of six losses in seven games. They headed back to Seattle in the thick of the AL West race.

”It’s great to get a sweep,” shortstop Jean Segura said. ”It gives us momentum as we go back home.”

After missing two straight games with lower back pain, Cruz celebrated his return with his 21st homer , a two-run shot in the fourth inning that put Seattle up 2-0.

Manny Machado and Chris Davis answered with solo drives off Mike Leake in the bottom half, and that accounted for all the scoring until the 10th.

Dee Gordon beat out a dribbler to the left of the mound and scored when center fielder Colby Rasmus bobbled Segura’s single off Miguel Castro (2-4). A throwing error by third baseman Steve Wilkerson and an RBI single by Cruz followed.

Gordon’s speed and Cruz’s power have proven to be a potent combination for the Mariners. It was certainly too much for Baltimore.

”Guys like Gordon put such pressure on you because you know any little bobble, anything http://www.brownsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-baker-mayfield-jersey , he’s going to take another base,” Orioles manager Buck Showalter said. ”A groundball that probably 95 percent of people are out on pretty easily, it’s a base hit. That’s why they’re having a good year and winning some games, because of things like that.

”You can’t say, `We don’t have it.’ Well, a lot of teams don’t have that.”

Juan Nicasio got three straight outs in the 10th for his first save after James Pazos (2-1) worked the ninth.

Leake allowed two runs and five hits in seven innings, his eighth straight start of at least six innings.

Making his first major league start, Jimmy Yacabonis gave up two runs and six hits over four-plus innings for Baltimore. After Yacabonis allowed two straight singles to start the fifth, Jefry Ramirez took over and retired Segura and Mitch Haniger before striking out Cruz.

”I thought I did well,” Yacabonis said. ”There were a couple of times where I tried to make my pitches too good instead of just executing. That’s just going to come with fine tuning and experience.”

Recalled from Triple-A Norfolk before the game, Ramirez threw five innings of three-hit ball in his second big league game.

STREAKY

Baltimore’s Mark Trumbo extended his hitting streak to 12 games with a sixth-inning single. It matches a career high, set with Seattle in 2015. … Davis has two HRs in his last two games and three in seven games since returning from an 8-game hiatus designed to break a season-long skid.

TRAINER’S ROOM

Mariners: 3B Kyle Seager did not start after hurting his toe during a swing Wednesday night, but entered as a pinch hitter in the ninth and stayed in the game.

Orioles: 3B Tim Beckham was given a day off. He had played in three straight games since coming off the DL following core surgery. ”He feels good. We just want to keep him that way,” Showalter said. … CF Adam Jones was also rested. ”I’ve been looking for a day (off) for him, and today’s the day,” Showalter said.

UP NEXT

Mariners: LHP Marco Gonzales (7-5, 4.04 ERA) starts against Kansas City on Friday night in the opener of a nine-game homestand.

Orioles: Rookie David Hess (2-4, 5.44) helps Baltimore launch a three-game series against the visiting Los Angeles Angels.

hongwei28
Лейтенант
Лейтенант

Re: www.oaklandraidersteamonline.com

Сообщение vanesela 12 апр 2019, 02:35

vanesela
Капитан
Капитан

Re: www.oaklandraidersteamonline.com

Сообщение vanesela 04 июн 2019, 23:40

vanesela
Капитан